ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should take a comparison pic of the two!

Here goes,
bigtoys.jpg

I'm somewhat rushed this evening as I'm going out shortly but you get the idea....the Monger is a BEAST! :lol

Devastator is still great of course and due to having a similar color scheme I'll do a pic with HT's Hulk when he ships later this year.

Holy ****. Knew how big he was from the comparison pics to the Iron Men, but that really drives it home. Incredible figure, glad you finally have it in your collection!

the grail is nearly here!

Oh my! :panic:

I didn't realize Soundwave came with the retooled Megatron gun!:yess:

Love how Takara designers incorporated the jetpacks into Lazerbeak's transformation.

thecorsair said:
I'm somewhat rushed this evening as I'm going out shortly but you get the idea....the Monger is a BEAST!

I keep expecting that glass detolf shelf to break from the weight of those two.

Last edited:
So apparently iGear's making a Mini Warrior Powerglide: https://www.tfw2005.com/transformer...powerglide-announced-and-name-contest-176675/

Not surprising - of course I learn this just as I finish posting about the X-Transbots version I got! :) https://collecting-toys.blogspot.ca/2013/01/x-transbots-glider-review.html

The design looks good, but maybe a bit stubby. There might still be a place for Glider in my collection, as I've come to like the extra height and very cartoony (i.e. human) proportions. :)

Go with neutral colors if you can. Or go with a background that compliments the color of your subject. I would advise against using anything that would throw off your white balance which could potentially alter the subject's actual appearance (in real life). That's why I get so frustrated with Rebelscum and Cool Toy Review, their blue background usually throws everything off. IMO of course.

Thanks for the advice - I'll keep that in mind.

Prime should stomp that loser's head.

Which Prime? ;)

Here goes,
bigtoys.jpg

I'm somewhat rushed this evening as I'm going out shortly but you get the idea....the Monger is a BEAST! :lol

Devastator is still great of course and due to having a similar color scheme I'll do a pic with HT's Hulk when he ships later this year.

Oh ****! If Monger is that big compared to Herc Im gonna be ****ed when I get HT Hulk :lol Where the heck am i gonna put him? Hey how big was Mongers box? Got any comparison pics?

Also MP Soundwave is looking awesome,we shall have him SOON!

argh video is private...oh well can't wait for soundwave to drop in my pol at bbts!

Ra88,
Thanks man, it's an incredible achievement by HT. I don't know whether their engineering expertise could be put to use making fully transforming toys like Takara but I wouldn't bet against them and they'd certainly be able to do incredible looking non transforming representations of the Transformers characters.

bicoid18,
Iron Monger isn't as heavy as you would expect as there's a lot of hollow areas in the arms & legs, Devastator is actually heavier.

Furyan,
Here's a couple of pics,

With a regular sized HT box,
boxcomp1.jpg

With MP11 ( to stay on topic :wink1: ).
boxcomp2.jpg

Hulk is supposed to be 2-3 inches shorter than Iron Monger so that'll still be too big to go in a Detolf without removing a shelf unless the articulation allows Hulk to be put in a crouching pose without risking the rubber covering the joints.

DPrime,
I really like Glider, but iGear's looks nice too.....:gah:

Soundwave is looking phenomenal....this year has started incredibly well for collectibles.

Holy feck dude that Monger is mahoosive!!!!

No wonder he's a pretty penny.

Nice to know you are pleased with him :)

Was watching the '86 movie again last night on Blu-Ray for the first time in a long time...is it me or does it not look much better than the last 20th Anniversary DVD release??

Anyway I was sitting there thinking that I would actually kill for an iGear / Takara Cyclonus
I know everyone wants Galvatron but for me Cyclonus is just awesome.

Oh & roll on the namesake ;)
That vid is sooooo awesome :thud::thud:

Neil

Holy feck dude that Monger is mahoosive!!!!

No wonder he's a pretty penny.

Nice to know you are pleased with him :)

Was watching the '86 movie again last night on Blu-Ray for the first time in a long time...is it me or does it not look much better than the last 20th Anniversary DVD release??

Anyway I was sitting there thinking that I would actually kill for an iGear / Takara Cyclonus
I know everyone wants Galvatron but for me Cyclonus is just awesome.

Oh & roll on the namesake ;)
That vid is sooooo awesome :thud::thud:

Neil

I had a brief moment of panic with Iron Monger as one of the hand repulsor lights wasn't working properly but I swapped the batteries today and all is fine....phew!

It cost me a LOT, but I was determined to get one before prices went even higher so I used my knack of being able to recycle stuff via ebay and raised the cash pretty fast and didn't even have to resell any other HT figures like I originally thought I would have to.

One of the Fans Toys people posted at TFW that they would like to make Cyclonus & Scourge at some point as well as Dinobots so if Shockwave and the likely follow up ( Blaster ) do well enough it'll increase the chances of those 2 being made.

I reckon Dinobots would be more popular but if the rumours about an official MP Galvatron turn out to be legit, Cyclonus & Scourge could take priority as a lot of collectors would like to have all 3 in a display together.

Neil

Whoa! There's a bluray edition of TFTM (the awesome animated version)?!

lerath666 said:
is he taller than Screamer?

I think MP-13 is about the same size at MP-10. Endo was referring to Iron Monger I think.

Iron Monger looks soo imposing. Shocked that he doesn't weigh as he looks. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick up Shockwave now. A shelf of MP-13, MP-11, and him would look really good! At least until the cassettecons come out. I hope FT tackle Cyclonus and Scourge first. They'd make a killing on the Scourge mold I think.

Back