ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the video last night on the Soundwave MP review. I am guessing soon after the link was posted the guy decided to make the video private.

It looks great guys:lecture

He probably couldn't handle the ********* responses he was getting. Or Takara told him to gtfo.

Weird. If I had it so damn early and had a review, I'd be trumpeting all over the place about it!! Wish I had seen it before they took it off. RK are saying the official release date is 19 Jan 2013, and they hope to get shipments out to people ASAP. I really hope I get mine before the end of Jan!!

Weird. If I had it so damn early and had a review, I'd be trumpeting all over the place about it!! Wish I had seen it before they took it off. RK are saying the official release date is 19 Jan 2013, and they hope to get shipments out to people ASAP. I really hope I get mine before the end of Jan!!

Interesting. I'm thinking of ordering from them. The amazon exclusive with energon cube.

Interesting. I'm thinking of ordering from them. The amazon exclusive with energon cube.

Yep, RK are great. I have my order with MP-12/MP-13 together, so I had to wait until MP13 arrived before I got my Sideswipe!! They wouldnt deliver separately, which is a shame. They said I needed to make 2 separate orders if I had wanted that. No big deal I guess. I have both as Amazon JP exclusives - the energon cubes are cool, but the piledrivers dont do that much for me.

I watched the vid. My feelings are basically the same as the folks who complained that MP Grimlock wasn't complex or"Masterpiece" enough, not that I am actually complaining. At the time I didn't get why people were disappointed with Grimlock. I kind of get it now. It's not that Soundwave is a bad figure, he looks great. But he's exactly what I expected. If you are a hardcore SW fan I imagine you will be thrilled. As a casual fan of the character I was more impressed with Laserbeak.

I can't imagine spending the current asking price. If he hits TRU in a year for $75-$100 I will buy him in a heartbeat.

Yep, RK are great. I have my order with MP-12/MP-13 together, so I had to wait until MP13 arrived before I got my Sideswipe!! They wouldnt deliver separately, which is a shame. They said I needed to make 2 separate orders if I had wanted that. No big deal I guess. I have both as Amazon JP exclusives - the energon cubes are cool, but the piledrivers dont do that much for me.

Yea, thats the negative with RK. SS is fantastic...my only MIIIINOR gripe is that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why they used black plastic for the elbow joints instead of white. It catches my eye everytime I look at it.

Soundwave is my favorite Decepticon followed closely by Shockwave, but it's still tough to pay the Takara price on him. I'd really like a Hasbro release of him.

I watched the video last night on the Soundwave MP review. I am guessing soon after the link was posted the guy decided to make the video private.

It looks great guys:lecture

He probably couldn't handle the ********* responses he was getting. Or Takara told him to gtfo.

He took it down because of all the D-bags who were crying about the quality of his work, mainly on TFW and Youtube. They wanted him to change his set up, learn how to use his camera professionally and record a separate audio track and edit it so that they didn't have to hear his sniffling. The poor guy got trolled so much he took it down and wanted to try and make it better (even though I thought it was fine, it's a toy review lol, not a Hollywood production).

The dude might have not been the reviewer of the year, but he shot a clear video in 1080 p showing all the features of the toy including the transformation a whole week before it is even due to be released in HK. Plus it was in English. It sucks because a few people ruined it for everyone. I can't blame him I probably would have done the same.

I watched the vid. My feelings are basically the same as the folks who complained that MP Grimlock wasn't complex or"Masterpiece" enough, not that I am actually complaining. At the time I didn't get why people were disappointed with Grimlock. I kind of get it now. It's not that Soundwave is a bad figure, he looks great. But he's exactly what I expected. If you are a hardcore SW fan I imagine you will be thrilled. As a casual fan of the character I was more impressed with Laserbeak.

I can't imagine spending the current asking price. If he hits TRU in a year for $75-$100 I will buy him in a heartbeat.

I feel like the figure is way underdeveloped and is not worth the price of admission. The top half looks good and the legs look sloppy.

The "big" feature is that he can hold multiple cassettes in his chest and eject them one at a time (so can the $20 FOC version). The inclusion of this feature also means that they had to compromise the ability to store the batteries/weapons in his battery compartment. It now houses the gimmick and his head for transformation. The "batteries" now sit on both sides of the compartment and there is this glaring empty space at the bottom of the backside of the tape deck mode.

It's kind of sad that the 25 + year old toy that retailed for like $20 back in the 80's is still better than the almost $200 figure with modern engineering.

I had this ordered since it went up on day one and it was my most anticipated purchase of 2013. I even have the reduced $160 price at BBTS. Seeing the review though really has me considering just cancelling him and waiting for the inevitable TRU release. When you consider buying Soundwave and the four additional cassettes will set you back $300 + it just feels like a rip off.

Never thought I'd see negativity for MP Soundwave...

Bustajesse, are you Jesse from the Ottawa Transfans group?

So... anyone care that we're getting a proper TF:prime Smokescreen? Anyone??? :)

He took it down because of all the D-bags who were crying about the quality of his work, mainly on TFW and Youtube. They wanted him to change his set up, learn how to use his camera professionally and record a separate audio track and edit it so that they didn't have to hear his sniffling. The poor guy got trolled so much he took it down and wanted to try and make it better (even though I thought it was fine, it's a toy review lol, not a Hollywood production).

I had this ordered since it went up on day one and it was my most anticipated purchase of 2013. I even have the reduced $160 price at BBTS. Seeing the review though really has me considering just cancelling him and waiting for the inevitable TRU release. When you consider buying Soundwave and the four additional cassettes will set you back $300 + it just feels like a rip off.

That is what drives me nuts in toy collecting communities. The grumpy basement dwelling, self entitled, trolls. I know its an outlet to vent their social frustrations but innocent people get hurt if they can't brush it off. I was happy with the guy's review. Unlike alot, he didn't spend 10 mins on the figure and 10 mins on the ****ing box. Why would I want a ****ing box reviewed in detail?

In any case, I'm ordering this shortly. I always prefer Takara releases better. Whether it is the accessories or the paint scheme, I like the way Takara does it, every time. As well, the presentation. Takara's are presented like a Masterpeice of a toy should be whereas Hasbro's are just like any other release on store shelves with packaging to rip through and toss. I'll pay the extra (like, double) to feel like I purchased something that care has been taken to make the buyer appreciate the figure before touching it and not just twist tied to a maze of plastic.

Never thought I'd see negativity for MP Soundwave...

Bustajesse, are you Jesse from the Ottawa Transfans group?

:yess: We are the same person lol.

I never thought I'd have negative feelings about this Soundwave either. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that look great on him, and Laserbeak is pretty damn near perfect. I think a few things just needed more refining.

I always prefer Takara releases better. Whether it is the accessories or the paint scheme, I like the way Takara does it, every time. As well, the presentation. Takara's are presented like a Masterpeice of a toy should be whereas Hasbro's are just like any other release on store shelves with packaging to rip through and toss. I'll pay the extra (like, double) to feel like I purchased something that care has been taken to make the buyer appreciate the figure before touching it and not just twist tied to a maze of plastic.

Agreed. At MP prices the presentation takes on a bit more importance than a mass market release and the Takara packaging just looks better.

In my experience Takara's QC, whilst not perfect also tends to be better and paying a bit more certainly beats the hassle of dealing with the UK's terrible distribution.

That is what drives me nuts in toy collecting communities. The grumpy basement dwelling, self entitled, trolls. I know its an outlet to vent their social frustrations but innocent people get hurt if they can't brush it off. I was happy with the guy's review. Unlike alot, he didn't spend 10 mins on the figure and 10 mins on the ****ing box. Why would I want a ****ing box reviewed in detail?

In any case, I'm ordering this shortly. I always prefer Takara releases better. Whether it is the accessories or the paint scheme, I like the way Takara does it, every time. As well, the presentation. Takara's are presented like a Masterpeice of a toy should be whereas Hasbro's are just like any other release on store shelves with packaging to rip through and toss. I'll pay the extra (like, double) to feel like I purchased something that care has been taken to make the buyer appreciate the figure before touching it and not just twist tied to a maze of plastic.

It's disgusting that people do this the guy took his own time to do what he considered a service to other fans & just gets abuse for it.

I'm tempted to do a really bad one myself now when it arrives & post it.
Make it blurry then a bit in focus then out again, with loads of background noise of my daughter watching Disney Jr & then the wife shouting & stuff & just generally not a good one then post it all over & see that stir up a ***t storm :wink1:

I've got broad shoulders & I can take a verbal bashing on the net it wouldn't be the end of & it would make me laugh ;)

Neil

Hello all. Here is another TF Movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime i just finished up for a very patient client.
More images can be found here: https://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt190/Dubcustomz/Custom Masterpiece Movie Prime Version six/
Or for more images and info visit my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Dubcustomz
Thanks for looking.

DSCF9381.jpg

DSCF9368.jpg

DSCF93514.jpg

Awesome custom work Dubcustomz!

Sucks that the TF community can just basically bully the poor guy who took the time to make a review. A pretty decent one at that. Hell if Christopher Nolan shot a TF review he'd probably get flamed for using too many cuts and shaky camera work. smdh

The review did its job. It made me excited for the Soundwave even more. The reviewer made valid points about the leg articulation and the back kibble, but that's something I can overlook tbh. I'm not too enthused about waiting for a Hasbro version with all the headaches I had trying to get MP Optimus through TRU.

Awesome custom work Dubcustomz!

Sucks that the TF community can just basically bully the poor guy who took the time to make a review. A pretty decent one at that. Hell if Christopher Nolan shot a TF review he'd probably get flamed for using too many cuts and shaky camera work. smdh

Thanks!
Yeah the TF community can be vicious at times, especially amongst those who actually make videos, or customs. Youd think your peer's would be more supportive instead of trying to destroy you at every turn.

I didn't mean to sound negative about Soundwave, just wasn't blown away by him. I would still proudly display him if I could get him for the right price.

Unfortunately, internet "fandom" in general seems to have turned into a negativity hive mind. I think the real hobby to a lot of people is to be the first to identify why a new product is a failure. I've said it before but I really wonder how many people here (and it sounds like elsewhere) actually buy and enjoy the products they spend hours dissecting and complaining about. It's led to this Hater vs. Apologist generalization that makes discussion tiresome.

Luckily there are still some good peeps that make it worth participating still.

Nice Prime, Dubs - haven't seen you around here in a while. Keep up the good work. :duff

The people are why I stick to cybertron.ca. Its a slow moving forum, unfortunately, as membership is kinda low (being Canadian) but the people are respectful and are just there to be fans. I think that may be a reason that TFCon grows every year. I'll go to TFW only if I can't find something I want to buy on cybertron.ca but haven't ventured into a thread that isn't sales related in 2 years.

Back