The Alien Franchise Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien Romulus teaser trailer. Major Alien Isolation vibes.

Alien Isolation is the best thing since the first movie (come at me!) but I can't make any judgement just by this trailer, I guess it's the step in the right direction. I think what made Isolation worked while the movies didn't was the unapologetic tone, I think the movies should follow suit with a less is more approach. Stop trying to explain things no one ever asked about.

It looks good. I think the only concern I have is that ADI are involved, and they tend to want to do their own thing as far as the Alien is concerned. The series desperately needs to return to the Giger design aesthetic imo.
I'm not sure we can blame ADI for the Xenomorph designs on Alien movies they've worked on before, entirely.
A lot of their work was on the brief from directors.

Alien Isolation is the best thing since the first movie (come at me!) but I can't make any judgement just by this trailer, I guess it's the step in the right direction. I think what made Isolation worked while the movies didn't was the unapologetic tone, I think the movies should follow suit with a less is more approach. Stop trying to explain things no one ever asked about.
It’s baffling to me they didn’t capitalize on isolation

It’s baffling to me they didn’t capitalize on isolation
I love Alien Isolation, everything was on-point. Ship / station design, the Alien, story....just awesome. If Romulus has taken ideas from that, great. I can't actually tell if the body floating in zero-g with lights emitting from its head is a Working Joe or not.

I love Alien Isolation, everything was on-point. Ship / station design, the Alien, story....just awesome. If Romulus has taken ideas from that, great. I can't actually tell if the body floating in zero-g with lights emitting from its head is a Working Joe or not.
I would love that! Those things were just as creepy as the alien

I’m liking the look of this, August is going to be a long wait.
Hopefully we’ll get a 1/6 A L I E N out of this?

Really hope they don't have the black goo stuff in the new movie. Hate that stupid stuff. It'll certainly put me off seeing it.

I have no excitement about buying merch from new ''content''. In fact I highly resent new content if it means that merch from the classics is either delayed or shut down as seems to have been the case with Alien and Predator from NECA.

Back