ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DPrime,
Thanks for the Powerglide pics, he looks great....I might wait on iGear first to see what theirs is like although I can't imagine theirs looking much different.

Warpath & Cosmos are also decent but they are too Classicsverse for my display....it's odd that iGear went that route for Cosmos when all their others are so faithful to G1.

Has anyone else seen the Reprolabels for MP Sideswipe?

Now I've bought a lot of their stuff in recent years and in general I think they're great, but many recent sets have suffered from trying to recreate every label from the G1 toy even though the modern ones have more sculpted detail so it's made several toys such as the TFC Constructicons look cluttered.

The set for MP Sideswipe is jumping the shark as for some bizarre reason they've included a label that COVERS THE AUTOBOT AND LAMBORGHINI LOGOS ON THE CAR HOOD/ROBOT CHEST! :cuckoo:

Obviously the red on the label doesn't match up with the paintjob but who in their right mind would want to cover the awesome Autobot logo and tiny Lamborghini badge that are already there?

As a friend said to me it's like buying the Mona Lisa and then drawing a moustache on her.

I'd like to see a Takara rep's reaction to that as they likely spent thousands on getting the license yet Reprolabels are suggesting that people cover one of the badges with a label.

Never really been into Reprolabels. I like that they help the older G1 guys, but most people nowadays will just go get some paint and do the detailing themselves.

Love him or hate him, still one of my favorite Transformers.
gu0jn.jpg

Also, selling my MP-09 Rodimus Convoy V1 mib, will do $150 shipped in the lower 48.

Looks like we may be getting a new Generations Optimus based on the IDW design.

news2013a.jpg

Can't wait to see it, but I hope that Toyworld will still do theirs. Since it'll probably be taller and more complicated.

news2013a.jpg

Can't wait to see it, but I hope that Toyworld will still do theirs. Since it'll probably be taller and more complicated.

Looks like the IDW run of Optimus. Which I loved the design, and a new Voyager Class Prime would be nice, the first one was nice for the 6 - 7 years ago when it came out but feels outdated to me now.

news2013a.jpg

Awesome. I think this version is the best looking Optimus interpretation ad was just wondering what happened to TW's version and it looks like I'll be getting another Optimus:D

news2013a.jpg

Wow cant wait for this! I just hope its bigger than deluxe like the WFC/FOC Primes.

Corsair: Its not a variant on movie Prime, its more G1 based, not that more movie Primes are a bad thing imo.

I think this could've worked in a movie-verse and I absolutely LOVE it. Hell, this may be one of those figures where I get both the Hasbro and Henkei version
IDW_Optimus_Prime.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty much what a movie-fied G1 Prime would look like

It looks slightly better than Bayformers Prime, which isn't exactly difficult but it's still got enough of the Bayformers stench about it to make it an easy pass even if the toy was made to the quality of the Masterpiece line.

Last edited:
Any idea when this new Prime is coming out? I'm a sucker for Primes, the whole top shelf of my detolf is filled with them, and now thanks to a recent amazon jetprime purchase, overflowing with the buggers.

Nice pics! I do like that PG figure. But you're right, Warpath is ridiculous.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been thinking of drastically thinning down the Classics-type stuff in my collection (anyone need City Commander armor? :) ), but I'd be hard pressed to get rid of Warpath... plus, I like Halo a lot, so the tank mode works for me.

It'd still be nice to see a "real" one by iGear, though. :)

DPrime,
Thanks for the Powerglide pics, he looks great....I might wait on iGear first to see what theirs is like although I can't imagine theirs looking much different.

Me neither. Frankly, with how Cosmos turned out, maybe they'll do the same sort of thing with Powerglide? Knowing that there's already a really dead-on G1 version out there (this), maybe... Or maybe it'll be a bit smaller, which would be nice. This one is as tall as some of the deluxes out there, which matches the cartoon a lot of the time, even if he was released as a Minibot.

Warpath & Cosmos are also decent but they are too Classicsverse for my display....it's odd that iGear went that route for Cosmos when all their others are so faithful to G1.

Yeah, I'm thinking about selling or trading off that Cosmos, to be quite honest.

Even if we don't get a new one, I could see iGear releasing a darker green version at least.

Has anyone else seen the Reprolabels for MP Sideswipe?

Now I've bought a lot of their stuff in recent years and in general I think they're great, but many recent sets have suffered from trying to recreate every label from the G1 toy even though the modern ones have more sculpted detail so it's made several toys such as the TFC Constructicons look cluttered.

The set for MP Sideswipe is jumping the shark as for some bizarre reason they've included a label that COVERS THE AUTOBOT AND LAMBORGHINI LOGOS ON THE CAR HOOD/ROBOT CHEST! :cuckoo:

Obviously the red on the label doesn't match up with the paintjob but who in their right mind would want to cover the awesome Autobot logo and tiny Lamborghini badge that are already there?

As a friend said to me it's like buying the Mona Lisa and then drawing a moustache on her.

I'd like to see a Takara rep's reaction to that as they likely spent thousands on getting the license yet Reprolabels are suggesting that people cover one of the badges with a label.

Weird.

One thing I've never understood from Reprolabels is the option to make new figures look more like G1 toys... But then again, these are made for customizing, so you can leave off whatever stickers you want. :)

I've been meaning to pick up a few sets - they do look quite nice, for the most part.

Digging that Powerglide. I was tempted to buy. . .may still.

Seems like a lot of people were on the fence, myself included.

I'd have to recommend it, if you're a Season 2 G1 fan. I mean, there's really no better option out there. It's not a "great" figure or anything, but it does the job. :)

Back