All things Muppets!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didja guys see the Muppet Star Wars figures coming out to Disney parks this fall? They have articulation and everything too!

Didja guys see the Muppet Star Wars figures coming out to Disney parks this fall? They have articulation and everything too!

Are there any pics?

Cannot wait -

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/06/the-force-is-strong-with-the-muppets-at-disney-parks/

They are set to hit in the fall. Glad I am going in October!
b_mickey.gif

Looking good!!!
i like these ones much better than the older ones!
:rock!

5786546632_632b2f2ebf_o.jpg

5786546810_001898accf_o.jpg

Cody shared with me an early mock-up of the packaging featuring Beaker as C-3PO and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as R2-D2. The other sets will include Link Hogthrob as Han Solo with Fozzy the Bear as Chewbacca, and (my favorite) Sam the Eagle as Obi-Wan Kenobi with Gonzo as Darth Vader complete with his chicken Camilla as a Stormtrooper.

Seeing these pictures really makes me miss Palisades. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

That Link as Han looks like it was craved in soap.

THese will be a heart crushing pass for me.

I don't double dip much with Blu rays, but for the Muppet Show and the first two films, I most definitely would.

Those Star Wars Muppets look alright, but the idea doesn't do much for me (most I would care for is Gonzo as Darth Vader like he appeared in the Hamill episode of the Muppet Show). And of course, they look fairly pitiful compared with the Palisades figures, but Palisades were like the ultimate toys of that scale and type. Not fair to anyone else to compare them to Palisades, IMO.

No question. Palisades did amazing work on their Muppets line. I look at those crossover SW/Muppets figs and there really isn't a comparison to the Palisades product (and there shouldn't be)...

NOTHING will ever be better than the Palisades Muppets line....their Backstage,Kitchen,Electric mayhem playsets are miles of what any other toy company would do, among the details involved in the figures.Those new starwars figures arn't bad, but look like Fisher Price in comparison to Palisades

That's a very encouraging interview IMO. The creative team seem to "get it." They know what made the Muppets great, and they know that they have sucked in recent years. That doesn't mean they can make a movie work, but it probably can't hurt!

Haha yah... always something when the new voice of a Muppet is a bigger fan of the stuff he grew up with rather than the stuff he's been a part of. It could be discouraging as a performer, filling in someone else's shoes.

FYI, great deal here for anyone who doesn't have this yet. One of the coolest Palisades Muppet dioramas IMO. Possibly second only to the backstage set.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Muppets-Space-Piggy-Swine-Playset/dp/B00009AVNP/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&m=AX53K9BNND4KL&s=toys-and-games&qid=1308332974&sr=1-6"]Amazon.com: Muppets in Space Miss Piggy Swine Trek (Star Trek Spoof) Playset: DollTV[/ame]

I actually picked it up for $5 or $10 plus shipping a few years ago, so it isn't like it has ever been all that popular. But it should be IMO. Particularly if you can get ahold of Link and Strangepork. Great set and my favorite Piggy they produced.

Back