All Things LEGOS a.k.a. Bricks Anonymous Group (BAG)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Brickfair in Secaucus, NJ last weekend. Lots of amazing custom sets on display

rocket.jpg

bad dream.jpg

jurassic park.jpg

oscorp.jpg

Nothing get's a sigh out of me like finding a big sticker sheet on an expensive LEGO set.

I don't even think it raises the price that much to stamp them on. I've been enjoying Cobi sets lately, except for some of the older planes and ships from a couple of years ago, they all have prints with the World Of Tanks having additional optional stickers. All modern Mega Construx sets have prints, and those are licensed as well. I think Lego intentionally makes them stickers because they do a lot of business with people just buying the sets for the parts.

I won't be getting this A-Wing, despite not having the money for it, I'd rather just have the smaller minifigure versions.

It's definitely not the most exciting UCS set, but I'm happy to have it among the others. I imagine the Christmas set will be the already confirmed to be coming UCS Gunship.

WTF!?!?! They can use awesome prints on a relatively cheap set like the Lion Dance, but choose to use stickers on a UCS set!?! Where the **** is the logic in that?!?! It's an "Ultimate Collector Series" set, so bloody use prints ffs!!! :mad:

Finished putting my Barracuda Bay set together the other day. Fun set, good build.

Originally, I didn't make the connection that this set was the Pirate Bay set from the Ideas blog, I read a bunch of the comments that people were upset the original design was changed so much. I tended to agree at first, but once this was all put together I get it.

I liked the homage to the original Black Seas Barracuda, plus the colors really pop on this one. When I first started building, I wasn't wild about the ground plates, but after it's all put together I like how it sort of reminds me of a colorful map.

I hope it sells well, and convinces LEGO to make more Pirates sets.

Ordered the new UCS A Wing. Feels overpriced but still worth getting to go with the others. The giveaway is a huge letdown, I miss the exclusive minifigures like Revan.

Still need the Barracuda Bay set but it's temporarily out of stock:(

Great display! Love that Slave One set, wished I could afford one. I at least have the HT Boba!
Got several more Cobi Tanks, Stug III D, Leopard 2 A4, IS-3, and will have the IS-7 sometime today. The Leopard 2 is a fantastic build, probably one of my best Cobi build experiences I've had to date.
I also found a great deal on a heavily damaged boxed P-38 Lightning. That box was smashed, squished, torn and crushed. The pieces inside were fine, though my set was missing the sticker sheet, which Cobi sent a replacement for. Great set, not as nice in someways as the new Brickmania P-38, but this cost 16 times less so it'll do.
(Yeah I paid $28 for my P-38 and the Brickmania set costs $470, that's 16.5 times less!)

I also bought my first Brickmania minifig, the new Apollo Astronaut. Fantastic printing with an original Brickmania helmet and backpack. I can see why people pay big money just for 1 minifig, the print quality is better than most and that amazing dimensional printing that kinda looks like a puffy sticker set these apart. I wonder how they make the dimensional printing, layers of ink? Some type of medium that's put down before the ink printing over top? Really high quality. Only way I could justify buying one is that I had a discount, I love astronauts, and I plan on buying the Lunar Lander someday and this will perfectly complement it.

Last edited:
Great display! Love that Slave One set, wished I could afford one. I at least have the HT Boba!

I would have thought the HT Boba was more expensive. Cant quite remember what the retail price on both was - luckily I got both during retail release. Has the UCS Slave 1 price gone up has it? I'll be keeping all my sets. I doubt they'll do a new Slave 1 or TIE FIghter again any time soon. Still dying for an AT-AT in the series!

I would have thought the HT Boba was more expensive. Cant quite remember what the retail price on both was - luckily I got both during retail release. Has the UCS Slave 1 price gone up has it? I'll be keeping all my sets. I doubt they'll do a new Slave 1 or TIE FIghter again any time soon. Still dying for an AT-AT in the series!

The HT ROTJ Boba Fett is just $35 more. I bought HT Fett when I had the money, as nice as the UCS Slave 1 is, I wanted HT Fett most. UCS Slave 1 has risen in price a bit, but not by much. Right now financially, there's no possible way for me to buy anything that expensive. Just small stuff that I can find on sale.

I recently tried Lego Digital Designer to reverse engineer a Merkava MOC I saw online. LDD is a great program, but so out of date, many pieces are not available, even a few older pieces should be there, but Lego didn't care to fix it and has now has abandoned LDD.
So I tried Studio IO over the weekend, all the pieces are there, just not as good an interface as LDD. I don't think the collision detection on SIO is as good as LDD, I imported my design from LDD to SIO, and SIO said several areas had collided from the model that LDD said were fine. A bit frustrating so I just turned the collision detection off and I have less frustration.
Both are great programs for those that are on a budget. :lol

Back