Alien VS Predator Exclusive Ultimate Showdown Collector's DVD Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno about soon, but the library is growing at a massive rate for both formats so its 100% guarenteed to be on the cards. Aliens will rock HD/Blueray man

Yup, that would be a DEFINITE keeper then. 350 dollars for movies i already own? pfftttt id rather buy collectibles

I stopped by Best Buy today just to check out the statue that came with this set. It looks like they took some Mcfarlane AVP figures, glued the joints and made a cheap knock off statue with a cheesy base for them. I was mainly interested in this statue and was curious to see who made it, as I too already own all of the movies on DVD.

I stopped by Best Buy today just to check out the statue that came with this set. It looks like they took some Mcfarlane AVP figures, glued the joints and made a cheap knock off statue with a cheesy base for them. I was mainly interested in this statue and was curious to see who made it, as I too already own all of the movies on DVD.

McFarlane figures still have joints?? :lol

You all know that if the Aliens/Predator movies were re-released on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray that there would be NO difference in the film quality? The technology didn't exist back then...it was all good ol' 35 mm. video cameras and not the high-def. ones they use nowadays. Any blow-ups (like 70 mm) would just reduce the quality of the film.

Your best luck for a HD Aliens/Predator movie would be...well...AVP...if it was shot in high-def.

You all know that if the Aliens/Predator movies were re-released on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray that there would be NO difference in the film quality? The technology didn't exist back then...it was all good ol' 35 mm. video cameras and not the high-def. ones they use nowadays. Any blow-ups (like 70 mm) would just reduce the quality of the film.

Your best luck for a HD Aliens/Predator movie would be...well...AVP...if it was shot in high-def.

Actually you are way off on those comments. Film has MORE resolution than HD.

The four major film formats provide pixel resolutions (calculated from pixels per millimeter) roughly as follows:

* Academy Sound (Sound movies before 1955): 15 mm × 21 mm (1.375) = 2160 × 2970
* Academy camera US Widescreen: 11 mm × 21 mm (1.85) = 1605 × 2970
* Current Anamorphic Panavision ("Scope"): 17.5 mm × 21 mm (2.39) = 2485 × 2970
* Super-35 for Anamorphic prints: 10 mm × 24 mm (2.39) = 1420 × 3390

Typical high-definition home video uses the following resolutions:

* 1280 × 720
* 1920 × 1080

Last edited:

Sif the statue is worth that kinda money..

I personally don't own ANY of the Alien/Predator films, in any format. However, I do love the original ALIEN and the original PREDATOR. ALIENS and P2 were alright, but I haven't seen any of the other films in the series, including the first AVP.

Should I save up and get this massive box set (my local store still has 7 for 169.99 each?) Or should I wait until the original ALIEN is on blu-ray, and forget about the rest (my family is getting a blu-ray player, and I know that PREDATOR is coming out pretty soon)?

"These crappy movies"?
Other than A:R and P2, most movies there are damn classics (I like AvP better than A:R).

P2 is my fave of the lot :monkey2:monkey2.
I don't think any of them are crappy some are just alot better than the others , and avp was a huge disappointment!.

Woah, woah! Predator 2 is a CLASSIC! Deserves to be right up there with Predator, ALIEN, ALIENS and the Assembly Cut of ALIEN3. Pretty much the best films of either franchise, A:R, AVP and AVP-R being the worst.

But yeah, I like Predator 2 abit more than the first. Concentrates more on the Predator, introduces some VERY good concepts aswell as weapons, designs and backstory to the Predators themselves.

Woah, woah! Predator 2 is a CLASSIC! Deserves to be right up there with Predator, ALIEN, ALIENS and the Assembly Cut of ALIEN3. Pretty much the best films of either franchise, A:R, AVP and AVP-R being the worst.

But yeah, I like Predator 2 abit more than the first. Concentrates more on the Predator, introduces some VERY good concepts aswell as weapons, designs and backstory to the Predators themselves.

Thank you for the back up!! :monkey3.

Oh yeah I agree with that. Predator 2 did a lot to really write up more of a history for the Predators...even more so than the original movie did. I really see it "on par" with the original Predator...also because Predator 2 took place in an entirely different environment than Predator.

Oh yeah I agree with that. Predator 2 did a lot to really write up more of a history for the Predators...even more so than the original movie did. I really see it "on par" with the original Predator...also because Predator 2 took place in an entirely different environment than Predator.

Agreed on the environment change. I personally thought it was cooler than the original Predator's;

Predator: Hunts elite team of commandos headed by Arnie in a jungle in Cambodia? Cool!

Predator: Hunts/Fights cops and drug dealers in a nihilistic future Los Angeles overrun by gangs? *****ING BADASS!

Thank you for the back up!! :monkey3.
No prob!

I, personally, still don't know why Predator 2 was bashed when it was released. Maybe because Arnie wasn't in it? He was a pretty big star back in the late 80's/early-to-mid 90's, so I guess that may have something to do with it...

I, personally, still don't know why Predator 2 was bashed when it was released. Maybe because Arnie wasn't in it? He was a pretty big star back in the late 80's/early-to-mid 90's, so I guess that may have something to do with it...

I've asked myself the same question. I think it's the same reason that people think the original King Kong from the 30s was better than Peter Jackson's version - the first is always the best, no matter how good any sequels are.

P2 rocked!! definitely expanded on the predator mythos.

Like i said before, the quality and story of P1 & P2 are neck and neck, creature design and special effects were awesome, who cant love the warehouse showdown!

Back