After one month hearing crickets...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Belloq isn't a lesser character, yea he isn't as cool as Toht but Belloq was the main bad guy so I don't see why you would save him for later.

sorry, he's a good foil for Indy in the story but boring as donkey balls. French guy in suit = yawn display.

to paraphrase from High Fidelity:
"The making of a great figure line like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick it off with a killer to grab attention. Then you gotta take it up a notch but you don't want to blow your wad. So then you gotta cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules."

It is more interesting that they released two bad guys in a row, instead of another good character. Now I am still glad we are getting Toht because he is awesome but it is interesting. That obviously ties into the whole second Indy fig but it is what it is.

I realize that dude but he is the main bad guy so I see no reason why SSC would put out Toht before him.

Here's 4: Toht is cooler looking, more popular, a more threatening villain and better recognized.

but arguing about past releases is pointless. I want cool, popular, better selling characters before more lukewarm ones. This is the most boring Indy variant besides "TLC Indy w/ tie" they could've chosen. So some Mola or Henry Snr. or Marion or any other Indy variant next please.

Here's 4: Toht is cooler looking, more popular, a more threatening villain and better recognized.

but arguing about past releases is pointless. I want cool, popular, better selling characters before more lukewarm ones. This is the most boring Indy variant besides "TLC Indy w/ tie" they could've chosen. So some Mola or Henry Snr. or Marion or any other Indy variant next please.

I don't see how he is more popular when he doesn't have as much screen time as Belloq and has maybe 20 lines.

I don't see how he is more popular when he doesn't have as much screen time as Belloq and has maybe 20 lines.

Then you must not be a big Indy fan no offence. Toht is iconic, Belloq is not.

How it should have gone down with SS. By the way I say how it should have because I'm already assuming the line is dead with the latest announcement that will surely flop.

Indiana Jones

Arnold Toht

Marion Ravenwood (white dress)

Indiana Jones (club obi wan)

Mola Ram

Henry Jones Sr.

Colonel Vogel (black ss Uniform)

I am a huge Indy fan and I am not saying Toht isn't badass and a great character but Belloq is Belloq, Indy's adversary in the first film. To me he is the iconic bad guy, not some guy that Indy barely interacts with in the film.

Belloq never does anything except talk. non-action french poof isn't as cool as nazi thug.

As much as they like to hate the pompous French in their bland beige suits, the kids love to hate Nazis in black leather trenchcoats and pinstriped suits with sinister coat hangers and maps burnt into their hands who's faces melt off in one of the most memorable, referenced and spectacular deaths in film history more.

I am a huge Indy fan and I am not saying Toht isn't badass and a great character but Belloq is Belloq, Indy's adversary in the first film. To me he is the iconic bad guy, not some guy that Indy barely interacts with in the film.

Toht is Movie Villain. It drips from him and other bad guys pick it up and wear it like deodorant.

The way he dresses, the way he looks and speaks, hes pure evil, a slimeball. A Nazi that tortures people for info.

The hand burning on the Ra headpiece and being engraved in his hand. The coat hangar, the hot poker scenes, Dude hes so evil he made you afraid of a coat hangar.

And the face melt, what do u see when u see a referance to taht scene, its not Belloq exploding, It's Toht melting.

Yea Belloq is his counterpart the whole take a nudge to push you out of the light, m ake you like me speech he gives, but really, hes forgettable.

As much as they like to hate the pompous French in their bland beige suits, the kids love to hate Nazis in black leather trenchcoats and pinstriped suits with sinister coat hangers and maps burnt into their hands who's faces melt off in one of the most memorable, referenced and spectacular deaths in film history more.

I will respect your opinion on the matter as long as you respect mine. I have always like Belloq more than Toht but you are right with the melting face scene.

How it should have gone down with SS. By the way I say how it should have because I'm already assuming the line is dead with the latest announcement that will surely flop.

Indiana Jones

Arnold Toht

Marion Ravenwood (white dress)

Indiana Jones (club obi wan)

Mola Ram

Henry Jones Sr.

Great line up! After Snr., Belloq or Vogel or Sallah or Short Round or whoever would just be icing on the cake.

And I respect your opinion SS and liking of Belloq, but I think you're in the minority if you think he's a better figure choice than Toht, Mola Ram, Marion, Snr, tux or ToD Indy.

You know what really pisses me off.

Its that we didn't get this figure rehash crap just a week or two after a cool announcement like Toht.

It's that they wasted 4 months worth of R&D time that I assumed like most here, they were spending tailoring Marion's complicated dress, or Mola Ram's robes and headdress.

Great line up! After Snr., Belloq or Vogel or Sallah or Short Round or whoever would just be icing on the cake.

And I respect your opinion SS and liking of Belloq, but I think you're in the minority if you think he's a better figure choice than Toht, Mola Ram, Marion, Snr, tux or ToD Indy.

So if they'd released Belloq in his Safari outfit? :huh Again, it's not unfeasible for a line to release the main Hero and the main Villain first. I commend Sideshow whole heartedly for going with Belloq, though they lose points in the actual execution with the sculpt resembling Ricardo Montalban more than Freeman :lol. This way we don't end up with just a shelf full of heroes as was the case with LOTR. Say what you want, I actually appreciated the psychological aspect Belloq brought to the table and thought he was a more commendable villain, always being one step ahead of Indy, vs. the dumb muscle of the Nazis.

Not to mention, jumping across the movies, we'd likely end up with 3 Indys, a Senior, and a Mutt, and a whole thread chalk full of you complaining about them not getting to the other characters or any bad guys. It makes sense that they'd want to bang out Raiders first. I'd rather get a decent line from one film, than an ADD selection from the four before they lay the "oh hold" spiel on us. Hell, you want that, Medicom's your huckleberry! :p

Last edited:
I just want the best, coolest looking characters FIRST, whomever they may be. Toht and Mola Ram are easily the best, most iconic villains in the series. I'd start there and work my way down to Belloq and Vogel and such. An Indy, Toht, Marion, Snr, Mola lineup doesn't seem overly hero heavy to me. :huh

But again, my argument isn't about what has already been done. The idea of releasing less visually interesting, recognizable, exciting iconic B list characters before A list ones is what I'm against. It works ok for a huge beast property like SW, but in general, "No Faramirs before Gimlis". :lecture

I just want the best, coolest looking characters FIRST, whomever they may be. Toht and Mola Ram are easily the best, most iconic villains in the series. I'd start there and work my way down to Belloq and Vogel and such. An Indy, Toht, Marion, Snr, Mola lineup doesn't seem overly hero heavy to me. :huh

But again, my argument isn't about what has already been done. The idea of releasing less visually interesting, recognizable, exciting iconic B list characters before A list ones is what I'm against. It works ok for a huge beast property like SW, but in general, "No Faramirs before Gimlis". :lecture

So going by the assumption that Sideshow's starting with Raiders first and looking at the actual film credits:

Indy, then Marion, then Belloq and Toht. With the exception of Marion, they've done just that. Hell, you have Sallah, Marcus and even Sapito as the next ones before you even get to Dietrich and Barranca (monkey man). :huh

This has me thinking tough. Sideshow, if planning to do her, could/should put it to a vote as to which version of Marion they do first, Tavern, Cairo or white dress.

Last edited:
As a kid it was Toht that scared me and it was that character that stuck in my brain. I didn't even remember Belloq being a character until I rewatched Indy a few years back. :lol

So going by the assumption that Sideshow's starting with Raiders first and looking at the actual film credits:

Indy, then Marion, then Belloq and Toht. With the exception of Marion, they've done just that. Hell, you have Sallah, Marcus and even Sapito as the next ones before you even get to Dietrich and Barranca (monkey man). :huh

As a kid it was Toht that scared me and it was that character that stuck in my brain. I didn't even remember Belloq being a character until I rewatched Indy a few years back. :lol

ToD Indy>Belloq/German Indy
COB Indy>Belloq/German Indy
Henry Snr>Belloq/German Indy
Marion>Belloq/German Indy
Mola Ram>Belloq/German Indy
Short Round>Belloq/German Indy

Belloq/German Indy>Volgel
Belloq/German Indy>Ilsa
Belloq/German Indy>Monkey Man
Belloq/German Indy>German Mechanic
Belloq/German Indy>Sapito
Belloq/German Indy>Detrich
etc....

:whip

ToD Indy>Belloq/German Indy
COB Indy>Belloq/German Indy
Henry Snr>Belloq/German Indy
Marion>Belloq/German Indy
Mola Ram>Belloq/German Indy
Short Round>Belloq/German Indy

Belloq/German Indy>Volgel
Belloq/German Indy>Ilsa
Belloq/German Indy>Monkey Man
Belloq/German Indy>German Mechanic
Belloq/German Indy>Sapito
Belloq/German Indy>Detrich
etc....

:whip

I think you missed the point that they're doing Raiders of the Lost Ark first. :lol

Back