After one month hearing crickets...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulim17

Freakalicious
Reaction score
...the only news we get from Sideshow about Indy is that Medicom Toys' Indiana Jones - The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, and Mutt Williams RAH 12-inch Figures have all been added to the Sideshow Gift Card eligibility list.No PFs, no 12inch, no nothing...That's just sad...:(

I think it's kaput, their line anyway. Maybe one more figure if we're lucky.

tombstone.jpg

Or SS will let HT use the license.

Man, those SS indy's would be up for sale by the numbers lol.

Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean the line is dead. Sideshow is just going to focus more on their money makers: that's Marvel and SW. Always has been, always will be. And with everything else they are juggling between existing lines and new licenses, new announcements will be slow in coming. We are just going to have to get used to that.

The fat lady will be singing if nothing new pops up by SDCC, IMO.

What pisses me off is that the announcement was: "Figures from ALL Indy films". They gave us high sweet hopes and left us drooling...:monkey2

No new announcements will make more and more people jump ship just like with LotR :monkey2

Well, how long was it between Indy's announcement and Belloq's? Belloq's and Toht's? Yeah, it's been about 3 months since Toht, but I think there's still a chance we'll hear a new announcement for the 3rd quarter. And like Choopie said, there's still SDCC--they could be holding on to the bid announcements til then.

There was around Five months between Indy and Belloq (beginning of march-end of July) an then another five months until Toht (end of November/beginning of December so maybe we won't get another announcement until April thats around five months between.

The only thing that really has holes in it is the 1/6 line. We already have the definitive PF that does well in appealing to the mass market. Anything else would be more for the diehards, so I really wouldn't complain if no other PFs were made. And I know that Sideshow promised us a 1:1 bust, but, honestly, I don't know if I'd spend the money on that, especially if it doesn't come out all that great. Do I what the Indy line to continue? Absolutely. But at this point, I'm thinking in terms of what is needed to round out a nice collection, rather than what I want.

I don't think the line is dead yet but its probably close. As far as HT picking it up I don't see them improving on much Indy. Belloq maybe could and with Toht I don't think there's anything either. I like HT but not everything they do is "the shat".

yeah.. I haven't given up completely yet... There are still 3 just MUST haves that i wish would make it into production... but I feel pretty confident that we'll see at least one or two more..

Well, how long was it between Indy's announcement and Belloq's? Belloq's and Toht's? Yeah, it's been about 3 months since Toht, but I think there's still a chance we'll hear a new announcement for the 3rd quarter. And like Choopie said, there's still SDCC--they could be holding on to the bid announcements til then.

About 3-4 months between announcements. So we're due now.

SS rep (Brant?) at chat did speak of two more figures, one of which was Toht. So there's still one more due. After that, it's likely over...

The big question is: last figure = Marion or Mola Ram?

If there's only one left, they're going to do Marion to round off the "Raiders" characters. I can't see them introducing a different movie character if it's the last one.

SS probably had many ideas and figures in various stages of development before the floor dropped out from under INDY.

The last figure -- if there is a last -- would most likely be one that SS knows will sell well. Regardless of the movie order.

Everyone knows Mola Ram would sell much better than Marion... and Henry Sr, I just don't see LFL approving, what with the awkward recent history with Connery.

So I would guess Mola Ram.

Marion maybe, if she can be done cheaply -- which scares me -- and up the price with a Map Room Floor display like they did with Belloq. Those that got the idol display paid good money and a high profit margin for SS to get it. So if Marion uses that formula it could work for her. On her own, she won't sell much.

But I'd love a great Marion too. Hell, I'd love to get a slew of characters. I just don't see it happening based on the demand. The mass interest for anyone other then Indy is just not there.

Back