After one month hearing crickets...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guinness is the mother milk of beer, if there is a God, he is drinking Guinness as we speak.

This line has been so mismanaged from the start. The latest announcement of Indy in German Disguise is just par for the course.

Quoted 4 Truth

The idea of producing ho-hum figures before the really interesting and exciting A listers seems like a poor one. German Indy is a dreg variant that should come at the end of the line long after Mola Ram, Marion, Henry Snr., etc. If they really wanted an easy kitbash Indy figure, TOD tux or Prof. suit or ripped bridge outfit would've been better. Sadly, this one does look Hasbroish. Hopefully it sells out and doesn't linger like Faramir and the Hobbits did, and doesn't hurt the chances of other, better figures coming down the pike.

Last edited:
Quoted 4 Truth

The idea of producing ho-hum figures before the really interesting and exciting A listers seems like a poor one. German Indy is a dreg variant that should come at the end of the line long after Mola Ram, Marion, Henry Snr., etc. If they really wanted an easy kitbash Indy figure, TOD tux or Prof. suit or ripped bridge outfit would've been better. Sadly, this one does look Hasbroish. Hopefully it sells out and doesn't linger like Faramir and the Hobbits did, and doesn't hurt the chances of other, better figures coming down the pike.

German Indy yes, but the others, I disagree. I don't think Belloq (likeness aside) nor Toht were "ho-hum." Following in the vein of Raiders alone, I think the releases are important characters and were released in the order they should've been. :huh I would have done the dios separately though.

I was speaking more generally about the inclusion of B and C listers, (yes I'm still irked that twice SS gave us an incomplete LotR Fellowship ;) ) After that bitter pill, "make 'em while you" can is my mantra.

Definitely not Toht. Huge props for that one, fat Ark angels aside, I wish they all knocked em outta the park like that. Belloq as a character was ok, and both versions did sell out, the white suit was ok, but still didn't seem like a solid second entry in a line. There were and are stronger candidates is what I'm saying, shuffling your strongest hitters to the back of the line up when you have no real idea of how long the line will go or how many figures people will continue to buy seems like a bad strategy.

:rotfl

Ahhh. There's nothing like a warm Guiness.............to make you puke all over your shoes.

:D

Being in Oklahoma sucks when it comes to good beer... can't buy anything over 3% cold, which means all of the imports are warm when you buy them and typically don't taste as good after they've re-chilled :monkey2

F'n weird laws :banghead

Being in Oklahoma sucks when it comes to good beer... can't buy anything over 3% cold, which means all of the imports are warm when you buy them and typically don't taste as good after they've re-chilled :monkey2

F'n weird laws :banghead

:lecture That's the truth. Brown's does have some really good pint beers but I hate having to wait for them to chill so I usually just drink them warm.

I was speaking more generally about the inclusion of B and C listers, (yes I'm still irked that twice SS gave us an incomplete LotR Fellowship ;) ) After that bitter pill, "make 'em while you" can is my mantra.

Definitely not Toht. Huge props for that one, fat Ark angels aside, I wish they all knocked em outta the park like that. Belloq as a character was ok, and both versions did sell out, the white suit was ok, but still didn't seem like a solid second entry in a line. There were and are stronger candidates is what I'm saying, shuffling your strongest hitters to the back of the line up when you have no real idea of how long the line will go or how many figures people will continue to buy seems like a bad strategy.

How is the main antagonist in a movie not a solid entry? Seems like common sense to me. First is the Hero, second is the villain, then the 2nd tier characters, like Toht, Sallah, Marian, etc.

If only they gave us even 1 antagonist from LOTR. I would rather have Saruman than Faramir.

How is the main antagonist in a movie not a solid entry? Seems like common sense to me. First is the Hero, second is the villain, then the 2nd tier characters, like Toht, Sallah, Marian, etc.

I'm all for Belloq getting his due, but there's a reason he's not gotten it before by Hasbro... boring. Granted, he's super exciting to die hards, but "french guy in suit" is not nearly as exciting or villainous as black leather Nazi with scarred hand or as memorable as Marion or even Sallah, if you absolutely have to stick to RotLA and not branch out to TOD or TLC. There was lots of disappointment with him when announced. Toht would've been a much better second figure. So the 'cool' 'not so cool' SS Indy line up yo-yo continues with German Indy. The next one has gotta be awesome... right?

I'm all for Belloq getting his due, but there's a reason he's not gotten it before by Hasbro... boring. Granted, he's super exciting to die hards, but "french guy in suit" is not nearly as exciting or villainous as black leather Nazi with scarred hand or as memorable as Marion or even Sallah, if you absolutely have to stick to RotLA and not branch out to TOD or TLC. There was lots of disappointment with him when announced. Toht would've been a much better second figure. So the 'cool' 'not so cool' SS Indy line up yo-yo continues with German Indy. The next one has gotta be awesome... right?

I guarantee that if we saw Toht BEFORE Belloq everyone would be complaining about it.

That's funny because I think Belloq is a much more important character when it comes to his relationship to Indy in the movie and because of that he's a much better choice for a second, displayable figure with Indy.

Indy actually interacts with Belloq as an adversary much more than Toht.

Toht looks cooler but if Belloq would have been done right he would've made an awesome display figure alongside Indy.

That's funny because I think Belloq is a much more important character when it comes to his relationship to Indy in the movie and because of that he's a much better choice for a second, displayable figure with Indy.

Indy actually interacts with Belloq as an adversary much more than Toht.

Toht looks cooler but if Belloq would have been done right he would've made an awesome display figure alongside Indy.

Definitely agree. Belloq was a solid choice after Indy and I like my Belloq but Toht does look much better, especially with the melting face.

I guarantee that if we saw Toht BEFORE Belloq everyone would be complaining about it.

"Damn, we got the cool characters first! I really wish they had released the more boring characters first!" ?

Don't put off what you can do today. Save the lesser figures for later, if there even is a later, is all I'm saying.

But Belloq isn't a lesser character, yea he isn't as cool as Toht but Belloq was the main bad guy so I don't see why you would save him for later.

Back