After one month hearing crickets...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I just built mine! Oh well, looks cool.
031209nzindy-1_01.jpg

031209nzindy-1_02.jpg

031209nzindy-1_03.jpg

I'm in for the duration of this line so I'll get this one for sure. I wish it was Marion though:(

This was quoted from their post toy fair QA that was just posted.

Looks VERY promising.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6411
It looks like no new Indiana Jones figures were announced during Toy Fair. Given Hasbro’s line ending, is Toht going to be the end of the Sideshow 12-inch line?

No. Absolutely not. We’re having too much fun with Indiana Jones to stop now… In fact, we have a new figure about to be available for Pre-Order, so stay tuned to the website and newsletters!

I really loved Sideshow’s Indiana Jones Premium Format Figure - will you be releasing more Premium Format Figures in the Indiana Jones line?

Yes! We are working on new Premium Format figures in the Indiana Jones line.

The only ones I really would buy are:
Marion
Henry
Mola
Short Round
Indy tux
Map room Indy
and maybe a ToD Indy if he really rocked.

I really doubt we'll see all those and all were better choices than German Indy, imo.

The only ones I really would buy are:
Marion
Henry
Mola
Short Round
Indy tux
Map room Indy
and maybe a ToD Indy if he really rocked.

I really doubt we'll see all those and all were better choices than German Indy, imo.

There are better choices--- But SSC are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

1) If they take their time to get characters done properly Chicken Littles start running around screaming that the line is dead because we haven't had any new announcements.

2) If they attempt to appease their fan base by releasing a character (possibly too early) they're raked over the coals for not taking the time to do it properly.

3) If they release an easy "kitbash" type (like our newly announced Indy in German disguise from ROTLA) to keep momentum going they're bashed for the choice and it's said that they should have released another figure---

Be happy with what is announced and if it's not for you then that's fine... Hopefully one of the characters that you are hoping for is on the way. I'm chomping at the bit for a Mola Ram announcement (1/6 and/or PF format) but this Indy will be a nice entree to what I hope is the main meal soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Indy only this time in his TOD tux-- another easy kitbash.

Kinda feel stupid that, one day after creating this thread, Sideshow announces at least one more 12 inch and 1 PF. How the hell would I know? I must confess German Disguise it's not I was expecting, but I'd be happy even if they announced Indy taking a dump figure. It shows the line is not dead. I think I'll create a thread on the Lord Of The Rings about the 12 inch line. Maybe, on the next newsletter, they announce Merry and Pippin:naughty

I'd be interested in German Indy if he looked half way decent but other than the headsculpt (which I think looks bad because of lighting) this one just looks bad. Very thick, Hasbroish looking outfit, especially for a proto.

If SS would bump up the quality these secondary figures would rock but instead they just fall flat for me.

Last edited:
There are better choices--- But SSC are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

1) If they take their time to get characters done properly Chicken Littles start running around screaming that the line is dead because we haven't had any new announcements.

2) If they attempt to appease their fan base by releasing a character (possibly too early) they're raked over the coals for not taking the time to do it properly.

3) If they release an easy "kitbash" type (like our newly announced Indy in German disguise from ROTLA) to keep momentum going they're bashed for the choice and it's said that they should have released another figure---

Be happy with what is announced and if it's not for you then that's fine... Hopefully one of the characters that you are hoping for is on the way. I'm chomping at the bit for a Mola Ram announcement (1/6 and/or PF format) but this Indy will be a nice entree to what I hope is the main meal soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another Indy only this time in his TOD tux-- another easy kitbash.

Quoted 4 Truth

I'd be interested in German Indy if he looked half way decent but other than the headsculpt (which I think looks bad because of lighting) this one just looks bad. Very thick, Hasbroish looking outfit, especially for a proto.

If SS would bump up the quality these secondary figures would rock but instead they just fall flat for me.

Think you need to look at this outfit again. One area where SS is great is outfit wise is military stuff and this is as nice as anything like it.

Kinda feel stupid that, one day after creating this thread, Sideshow announces at least one more 12 inch and 1 PF. How the hell would I know? I must confess German Disguise it's not I was expecting, but I'd be happy even if they announced Indy taking a dump figure. It shows the line is not dead. I think I'll create a thread on the Lord Of The Rings about the 12 inch line. Maybe, on the next newsletter, they announce Merry and Pippin:naughty

Did I miss something?:confused:

Think you need to look at this outfit again. One area where SS is great is outfit wise is military stuff and this is as nice as anything like it.

I wish I could like it but it just looks thick and cheap to me. It lacks the realism that other companies clothes have. The first thing I thought when I saw the preview pic was "This looks like a Hasbro figure outfit."

Maybe when we get some better pics I'll change my mind but for now it falls into the Belloq category of yuk for me.:monkey2

In the Q and A they mentioned they are working on another PF offering

OK, I thought maybe a hint at the new PF was given in the newsletter cryptically and I missed it.

:lol

Have faith everyone. Patience is a virtue--- and it does get rewarded in time. (Unless you're a LOTR fan.:monkey2)

I wish I could like it but it just looks thick and cheap to me. It lacks the realism that other companies clothes have. The first thing I thought when I saw the preview pic was "This looks like a Hasbro figure outfit."

Maybe when we get some better pics I'll change my mind but for now it falls into the Belloq category of yuk for me.:monkey2

Really? Maybe my tastes for tailoring have yet to be refined but I liked the Belloq suit.

Really? Maybe my tastes for tailoring have yet to be refined but I liked the Belloq suit.

I just wish they could find material that better suits the scale is all. I've seen pics from members that have made it look decent but the thickness of it is what kills it for me.

Yeah, I'm picky.:eek: Hot Toys has spoiled me though.:D

Back