After one month hearing crickets...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking into Sideshow's past and I've noticed something curious... Some of old Sideshow licenses are almost complete if not, well explored.(ex:Monty Python,Buffy,X-Files,Platoon,etc). Most of these with really big ES, such as 10.000 and with prices way lower than nowadays(almost half). I know that things changes (most of the time for the worse), but it's a fact that Sideshow is becoming less "agressive" and more cautious on the market. From that point of view, we the collectors, are the one loosing...

If I could choose only one more Indy figure made by SSC, it would be Sir Henry... Don't like the Medicom one...

I am hoping that whatever else comes out, if anything, they have a much lower es.

Why in the world would you wish that? The lower the edition size, the poorer the line is doing and the less likely we are to get more figures. I can't imagine why anyone would want low edition sizes on a 12" figure.

Why in the world would you wish that? The lower the edition size, the poorer the line is doing and the less likely we are to get more figures. I can't imagine why anyone would want low edition sizes on a 12" figure.

Oh so that explains Lando's edition size of 750 as a sign that the line is selling poorly then... :rolleyes:

:dunno What does this mean Wor-Gar? Care to elaborate?

I understood there's a bit of bad blood because Lucas wanted Connery to reprise his role and Connery turned it down. I think based on Lucas' prized script.

This may have nothing to do with anything since Medicom did a Henry Sr. But then again, Medicom did a Henry Sr., so if you were in SS's shoes would you redo a figure that's already available and that people have already spent good money on...or would you try for a whole new figure?

SS has remade and will remake pretty much every Star Wars figure Medi has released. Medicom is an Asian distributor, SS is a domestic distributor. The Medicoms are more expensive because they are imports. Sideshow produces their domestic figures at about half the cost and in my opinion much better quality than Medicom.

SS has remade and will remake pretty much every Star Wars figure Medi has released. Medicom is an Asian distributor, SS is a domestic distributor. The Medicoms are more expensive because they are imports. Sideshow produces their domestic figures at about half the cost and in my opinion much better quality than Medicom.

True, but that's Star Wars. Indy (the world, not the character) clearly has less appeal, so it might seem risky to re-approach a character that's already been done and is available. Just sayin'. Seems like it's a safer bet to try something that's never been done before, like Marion or Mola Ram, so you can tap every possible purchaser, domestic or overseas.

This thread is:

Chicken%20Little.jpg

Did you guys miss this:​

Indy line dead? Are y'all sure about that? *looks around innocently* :monkey3

:huh That's the horse's mouth, right there! :lol

I understood there's a bit of bad blood because Lucas wanted Connery to reprise his role and Connery turned it down. I think based on Lucas' prized script.

This may have nothing to do with anything since Medicom did a Henry Sr. But then again, Medicom did a Henry Sr., so if you were in SS's shoes would you redo a figure that's already available and that people have already spent good money on...or would you try for a whole new figure?

Actually, I don't think there was bad blood at all. Connery was retired at the time and even said retirement was just "too damn good," also adding that "if ever there was a role to pull me out, this would've been it." He also wished everyone well and wishing everyone to "break a leg" in that good theatre kind of way. I don't remember what Star Wars Insider it was, but it was a WHILE back.

Apparently a new movie HAS pulled Connery out of retirement. I saw mention of it on Attack Of The Show over a month ago. I'll look into it and post the details here. I really wish that movie that brought him out of retirement was Indy. I think, no I KNOW his presence in KOTCS would have improved the movie. At least for me. Seeing my top two favorite movie actors back on the screen together...Ford and Connery...would have been great! :D

Okay, here's the link:

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/Sean+Connery-59176.html

Apparently he IS coming out of retirement now to shoot a new movie with Orlando Bloom. "Connery is said to have signed up to star in Quest of Sheherzade, based on the legendary 1001 Arabian Nights tale, alongside fellow Brit Bloom."

"Sean Connery is there in the film and recently Orlando Bloom was also signed. They are planning to start the shooting from January next year."

Man, I just wish Connery had chosen to work on KOTCS. Maybe Lucas would have improved the script (unlikely) in some way if he knew Connery was coming back. But, again for me, it was SO nice seeing Karen Allen back as Marion.

In last year's issue of Toy Fair which had the Indy PF on the cover, the Tom Gilliland interview he STRONGLY hinted we would be seeing Henry Jones and it sounds like he meant it was going to be from Sideshow, not the Medi one.

I hope this is the case. Indy and his father are the only two must haves from the indy line for me.
I'd not say no to a Sallah, or short round either though.

However, if it's over, atleast there is Medi Sr.

I wish we could still rate threads.:monkey1

Do we really need another thread saying the line's dead when there's been no official word?... Some collectors have been spoiled with the wonderful releases and obviously weren't around for the top-of-the-line collecting starvation that was the 80's.

Enjoy the offerings instead of banging the gong of doom folks.

Jeez.:banghead

I'm still holding out hope for a 1/6 MARION and SALLAH from the ROTLA line, after that, I'd love a 1/6 HENRY SR. from TLC. The rest (if any) would just be gravy.

I know a lot of people want Mola Ram, but I'd rather have him as a PF, holding up a burning heart (with a light in it for effect!)...I think they'd do a better job on Mola Ram in PF form.

That is the size of the exclusive, not the regular.

It's funny how fast people forget the reason for the low ES of Lando, who is, coincidentally, the biggest pegwarmer of all time! :lol Nah, that couldn't possibly have been the reason for the low ES's for the Ex and Regs. It's better to blame the failure of the SW 1:6 line. :p

Why in the world would you wish that? The lower the edition size, the poorer the line is doing and the less likely we are to get more figures.

It means that except... when it doesn't. (ie Lando. See Nam's explanation)

I can't imagine why anyone would want low edition sizes on a 12" figure.

I would imagine it's so that their $70 figure they bought won't sell for $35 on the aftermarket.

:lecture

I do think there may be a few more figures coming down the pipeline, but I think the line is dying. Not because of anything Sideshow has done but more because I don't believe the fanbase is as "collector focused" as some people believed it was.

I do think there may be a few more figures coming down the pipeline, but I think the line is dying. Not because of anything Sideshow has done but more because I don't believe the fanbase is as "collector focused" as some people believed it was.

I think the Indy license is still is, if not exclusively, collector focused. Unfortunately as we saw with LOTR, lots of these self proclaimed "Indy Diehards" apparently suffer from ADD. If it goes to far in between releases, they start the type of crap like this BS negativity-hype thread and all flock to something else like sheep. :lol

Thats ok. I am rethinking not collecting this line. I'll buy one from one of them for cheap. ;)

I think the Indy license is still is, if not exclusively, collector focused. Unfortunately as we saw with LOTR, lots of these self proclaimed "Indy Diehards" apparently suffer from ADD. If it goes to far in between releases, they start the type of crap like this BS negativity-hype thread and all flock to something else like sheep. :lol

Well, what you is folks who are bandwagon fans. They're all about it while its hot and then move on to the next thing. You see it here all the time. Its what kills lines like LOTR and maybe Indy. While folks like myself who are in it for the long haul end up getting left holding the bag.

Indy and LOTR figures should probably have ES in the 1000-1500 range. That seems about right honestly. I think anything over that floods the market and lets it sit. Lando had such a small ES for his figure in general because you always see his figures setting on the shelf at WM, Target, Etc. Outside of his small cult following I don't think too many give a dang about the guy. I don't I know that at least. :lol

I think the Indy line if handled right could go on for a long time. It may have to be a bit sporadic with announcements but it could go on if SS chooses. I just hope they choose to do that and don't just call it off like they did with LOTR.

I have to agree with The Josh. So many collectors get caught up in what's hot and want only the latest trends and then sell them off a few months later when they're not. I think Indy is very specific and focused "niche" collector base that should be nurtured. Unfortunately I see SS mishandling the license the way that Hasbro did and dropping it like a hot potato. If SS would acknowledge that there is a core base of collectors to market to and adjust their edition sizes accordingly AND continue to offer them new products on a regular timely basis to sustain collector interest, the line could potentially continue for years. I think LOTR could very well have continued for many more years to a specific core group of collectors but with so many months between announcements and very few offerings collectors lost all interest. You can pick up LOTR figures for dirt cheap on ebay. They've lost all of their secondary market value. The same will likely happen to Indy. I still remain skeptically optimistic that there is still life in this line, if only Sideshow would treat the license and their customers with some reverence instead of treating them as nothing more than an afterthought when they aren't milking the Star Wars cash cow.

Back