Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first heard about it I was like, "surely not?", but to be fair the trailer looked promising. But I doubt i'll pay cinema money to go and see it :lol

Some good action scenes but the fiction does not mesh with the fact, due to poor editing. Weak bad guys and supporting cast does not help either. Benjamin Walker was good, reminds me of a Young Liam Neeson, with a bit of Colin Firth mixed in for good measure.

5 out of 10

I am jonesing to see this movie. I am not looking for an academy award winner. Just a fun movie. The trailer looks promising. I think I might skip out of work early tomorrow to check it out.

This film was alot better than I thought it'd be. I went in merely expecting to be entertained, and I loved almost every minute. ALVH is a modern-day, high octane Hammer film with the perfect blend of action and horror. The vampires here are actually frightening, unlike VAN HELSING or TRUE BLOOD, and there was good use of 3D.

I also don't find the premise so campy and ridiculous. As I watch the film, I'm watching a 19th century protagonist who learns how to kill vampires, and just happens to become the President of the United States.

Definitely enjoyed the crap out of this film. This director does give you action that you haven't seen before and after this film you'll never look at a horse stampede the same way again. Some truly brilliant and fun stuff.

The critics seem to be held back by the premise which is both stupid and mega-cool. The tone is not camp or jokey at all which I think they were expecting. The tone is similar to Buffy or Fright Night - although there aren't a lot of laughs in this film (nor are there supposed to be). On RT the critics give it a 38% but audiences a 75%, so you can see that something's just not clicking with the pros, but real people don't have a problem with it.

The lead is perfectly cast and while it's a bit disjointed and outrageous at times I definitely recommend it.

I went in expecting mindless action, but was surprised it was so well executed and had characters I cared about.

395601_orig.jpg

Now this one I'd see!

:D

Almost finished with the book - really wanna check this out in the theater.

Thought it was good, not great. A 6/10. Begining and the ending were fun but the middle just drug on. Needed a bit of camp.

Very excited to see this. The book was very well done and entertaining. Now, if someone would make a 1/6th figure of Abe I'd be pretty stoked!

I just hope this movie makes a little money.

Not like...Avengers money or anything like that...but at least production costs.

Back