Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd love to have a young Abe HT figure with the shotgun axe. I already have the Sideshow old Abe - so covered there.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. It rushed too much along in the beginning, and perhaps could have been more polished, but it was a two hour movie. Only so much one can throw in. Was the director of this the same from Wanted? Very similar visual shots. Anyway, love the horse scene.. and the big war shots. Not bad for a movie that is not selling itself as a civil war flick.

Loved the ending. Nice way to end it.

Last edited:
This film was alot better than I thought it'd be. I went in merely expecting to be entertained, and I loved almost every minute. ALVH is a modern-day, high octane Hammer film with the perfect blend of action and horror. The vampires here are actually frightening, unlike VAN HELSING or TRUE BLOOD, and there was good use of 3D.

I also don't find the premise so campy and ridiculous. As I watch the film, I'm watching a 19th century protagonist who learns how to kill vampires, and just happens to become the President of the United States.

Definitely enjoyed the crap out of this film. This director does give you action that you haven't seen before and after this film you'll never look at a horse stampede the same way again. Some truly brilliant and fun stuff.

The lead is perfectly cast and while it's a bit disjointed and outrageous at times I definitely recommend it.

:exactly:

This one surprised the hell out of me. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

I shouldn't have read the book, I give it a 5/10. The movie delivers visually unfortunately, it took too many liberty's telling the story.

Abe's back story,training and vampire tie in to history was the better aspects of the book and the movie glossed over it for the most part. The biggest poo poo was turning Abe into a "super hero" instead of a hunter.

I guess putting the book aside, the film was decent considering what it was.

Never compare a movie to the book.

I have to actually agree with King Darkness on this one. Books are usually the originator of the story. The source, and our own imaginations (especially those of the creative and visual mindset) can make for a much more intriguing vehicle for entertainment.

Movies very seldom live up to a good book combined with the imagination of the reader.

glad you guys like this. i'm hoping to go see it tomorrow. nothing like a bit of mindless yet historically educational vampire violence on a saturday afternoon.

I have been jonesing to see this flick since I saw the trailer for the first time. And you all are really making me suffer, now. I finally had a solid night (tonight) to see it...but the plans got changed so now it won't be until Monday Night.

Back