Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All trolling aside the movie looks like it could be good. The trailer is really weird though and really only shows slow motion karate fighting for some reason.

I liked the story in the book, but I didn't care for the style it was written in. This is one of the few cases where I think the movie could be better than the book, if they do it right.

I didn't see any karate fighting - but I did see some cool ax work that reminded me of what they did with 'gunkata' in Equilibrium.

Every time I think about this film and what it will relate to, it reminds me of this god awful film... :dunno

unclesamhorrormovie.jpg

The book was okay, but the trailer looks killer - definitely looking forward to this one.

This kind of crappy concepts can't surprise anyone.
And anyone who likes it can't be considered as a person with a taste.

You can have great taste but still leave room for the turn your brain off for a while types of movies such as this one.

This isn't a crappy concept - it's actually very well executed in the book, weaving in the actual events of Lincoln's life with a hidden story. It was written by the same guy that did Pride And Prejudice and Zombies, another well done piece of historical fiction.

Anyone that rejects it outright based on the title and 60 seconds of slow mo fights doesn't have taste - they have closed mind.

Just because a person can find some fun in an over-the-top concept like this doesn't mean they have no taste. In that line of reasoning, it could be said that anyone who doesn't like the idea of this movie has no imagination. Both ridiculous concepts, aren't they?:)

Hey, I didn't say he had no imagination - I said he had a closed mind. Big diff.

I'm not a huge fan of the trailer, although I do like the gunkata like use of the ax. I was impressed with the source material, because they took what sounds like on the face of it to be a silly concept and made it work. If I had a closed mind, I would have simply read the title of the book and decided it was a dumb concept and not read it - missing out on a good read.

I'm also surprised that anyone over the age of 12 thinks they can judge a movie based on trailers. You can't - great movies often have trailers that don't get that across, and awful movies often (way too often) have good trailers that make you think something is going to be there that isn't. Trailers are marketing, and they are going to highlight what the PR guys is most likely going to get butts in seats. In this case, they're going for the action in the film, but that doesn't mean the movie is 100 minutes of fights.

I have high hopes because of a combination of factors, not the least of which is that the book's author is also the screen writer. That's not a slam dunk either, but at least we should get some of the same tone that the book had.

The book actually got really good reviews. A person OF taste would have known this book was out there and would be willing to give the movie a shot. :lecture

Hey, I didn't say he had no imagination - I said he had a closed mind. Big diff.

I'm not a huge fan of the trailer, although I do like the gunkata like use of the ax. I was impressed with the source material, because they took what sounds like on the face of it to be a silly concept and made it work. If I had a closed mind, I would have simply read the title of the book and decided it was a dumb concept and not read it - missing out on a good read.

I'm also surprised that anyone over the age of 12 thinks they can judge a movie based on trailers. You can't - great movies often have trailers that don't get that across, and awful movies often (way too often) have good trailers that make you think something is going to be there that isn't. Trailers are marketing, and they are going to highlight what the PR guys is most likely going to get butts in seats. In this case, they're going for the action in the film, but that doesn't mean the movie is 100 minutes of fights.

I have high hopes because of a combination of factors, not the least of which is that the book's author is also the screen writer. That's not a slam dunk either, but at least we should get some of the same tone that the book had.

:pray:

Joke... :peace

That's what is great about a lot of these literary/historical/horror mashups - they take what sounds like a silly concept and treat it seriously. Gramhame-Smith takes an existing world such as Austen's England or the 1800s US and introduces the horror element and only adjusts those things that would necessarily change because of that element. It's kind of what Whedon did with Buffy. That's one reason I'm looking forward to this film.

Back