1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I sent mine back. Not impressed with Sideshow on this one.

Sorry you feel that way. I love mine - that said, I have no doubt HT will release one someday that will blow all other attempts out the window. Of course, it'll cost $800, but who's complaining? Not me! (sigh on these crazy prices)

My new Boba Fett is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Finger's crossed that this one is OK.

Believe it or not, I've never returned a figure. I've gotten replacement parts but never replaced the entire figure. I've always been nervous of getting a worse one. Fett finally broke my record.

Got an email to say my waitlist for the Ex will convert next week if i proceed.....hmmmmm.
I only went on the list last week.LOL

Well, I don't believe it. Why do you lie to us, Wor-Gar? Does it make you feel like a big man? Does it???

:lol

Me big man, tell big lies.

Got an email to say my waitlist for the Ex will convert next week if i proceed.....hmmmmm.
I only went on the list last week.LOL

Hmmmm... bet you get my return.

Some collector must be unhappy with life,
so he need to find some fault at all costs in everything come out.

This is a nice FETT,
buy it,

You don´t like it? Move on.....
Nut just stop being pricks.

Last edited:
He arrived today.

On first opening the box I wasn't too impressed, but after an hour or so of futzing he really started to make a favourable impression.

The first thing I did was take his vest off to cut away the plastic sheet.

Don't know if anyone else had this issue, but three of the rivets for the armour were completely missing. There were holes through the vest and plastic but nothing in them. It doesn't seem to cause any problems though as the plates are secure.

I cut the plastic around the remaining rivets. Put tissue paper under the vest in the chest area, and tightened the Velcro join. It fits more snugly now - there's barely a gap between the vest and the suit.

Only put one of the screws back in to allow the collar armour to be adjusted.It would have been difficult putting the second in due to the position of the hole in the vest after tightening.

In some photos he's looked unnatural and awkward, but in hand I have him standing in, what is to me, a very natural 'man in a suit' pose. Though there's really no need to use the gun across the midsection to hide the vest, because there isn't anything that needs hiding now.

I had that same problem with the rivets and as a result I had to use a little super glue to keep the plates on.

He does look somewhat awkward depending on how you pose him. There is something about the body and proportions that are a bit off and this is obvious with certain poses and not with others. None of my HT figures have this problem when I play with them and pose them, they still look like a miniature person. Then again, that's HT.

One issue that bugs me (after I had him for a few weeks) is that the paintwork on the hands are quite susceptible to wear. I see this mainly in the trigger finger hand, which for most people is the one that undergoes the most handling. Some of the paint is starting to flake a little bit.

The figure has issues, but as most people here agree a bit of futzing does wonders. Now I've had more time to play around and inspect him, I'd change my "Really impressed with this figure." There's a few issues but overall still impressed.

I had that same problem with the rivets and as a result I had to use a little super glue to keep the plates on.

He does look somewhat awkward depending on how you pose him. There is something about the body and proportions that are a bit off and this is obvious with certain poses and not with others. None of my HT figures have this problem when I play with them and pose them, they still look like a miniature person. Then again, that's HT.

One issue that bugs me (after I had him for a few weeks) is that the paintwork on the hands are quite susceptible to wear. I see this mainly in the trigger finger hand, which for most people is the one that undergoes the most handling. Some of the paint is starting to flake a little bit.

The figure has issues, but as most people here agree a bit of futzing does wonders. Now I've had more time to play around and inspect him, I'd change my "Really impressed with this figure." There's a few issues but overall still impressed.

It would have been so great if this figure, of all SSC figures, had been a total bullseye.

Well for me this my best 1:6 Star Wars figure ever, I just can't put it down! I feel like is back to 1977 again with the Kenner figures, yes it is not perfect out the box but it was really easy fixing the chest and the braids. If you don't have this figure do yourself a favor and go get one :)

Whats up guys? First time post for me but a long time reader of Star Wars Forums. Thought I would throw my 2 cents in on this figure. A lot of you are right this figure has some flaws. The body could hang better and the color green they chose for the armor is off from the movie pictures. I won't even talk about the Lego Armor. It's been covered. No one talks about the jump suit being a tad short which it is. All in all some small problem areas to give Hot Toys things to correct when they decide to do this character. However this is the best and most accurate ESB Bounty Hunter we have seen in this format. Sideshow did a super job on the paint apps for this figure and really paid attention to all the fine details. High praise for making the visor a separate clear plastic piece. All the extra hands are a huge plus for me too. I think if your a fan of Boba Fett this figure is a must. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

2i6f2hw.jpg

348jerd.jpg

2mhtz7t.jpg

Got my replacement Fett... already found another issue within seconds of opening him up. Missing paint apps on the jetpack. :slap

This is exactly what I was afraid of when returning the full figure. Should just had them replace the vest. Sideshow and AE were very fast in getting me this, I must say. No complaints there.

I'll have to fully inspect tomorrow in daylight. Hope there's no other problems. But at this point, this figure and experience is just aggravating me.

Back