1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The balls I have:

2wptb2s.jpg

2j1a0z7.jpg

I think that you have made a big mistake.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that you'll be able to make this work.

Do you already have some plastic picked out to try to fit in there?

It looks doable, you'll just need some surgical skills with a scalpel to cut the new visor exactly to fit, then hope the gluing gods are with you to get it neatly stuck in with such little surface area!

To increase glueable surface area, stick some horizontal bits of styrene inside the helmet over where the face would be, so the visor can connect to it, won't work if the visor is translucent though, but it doesn't have to be to look like a shiny black visor in 1/6th.

It looks doable, you'll just need some surgical skills with a scalpel to cut the new visor exactly to fit, then hope the gluing gods are with you to get it neatly stuck in with such little surface area!

To increase glueable surface area, stick some horizontal bits of styrene inside the helmet over where the face would be, so the visor can connect to it, won't work if the visor is translucent though, but it doesn't have to be to look like a shiny black visor in 1/6th.

It is doable. I'm gonna sculpt little hinger at the back of the opening, and there im gonna glue it against. It will look epic. Cutting will be the hardest part.

Just don't let it look like that hasbro one PLEASE! lol

Try a paper template first for the awkward sussing out.

Tough to compare something that's nearly ten years older than the others. But relatively, the Marmit really holds up well.

For the time they hit, I would definitely agree. My issue with medicom is generally two-fold in reality: too expensive and too doll-like

Aside from that, nothing against Medicom, they just aint my cup of tea. Marmit, for the time, had me drooling at the mouth. Just wish that Vader of theirs actually got beyond the proto stage. That looked nice...

marmitvadermedicomvadercompari.jpg

Considering how much older that Marmit proto is, I think it gives the Sideshow one a run for its money

yea i wish that marmit vader & the storm/space trooper would have gone into production..............:monkey2

How close to the Marmit dome was Sideshow's prototype? I bet there are SDCC pics somewhere in the Vader thread, but I have no idea where to start.

For the time they hit, I would definitely agree. My issue with medicom is generally two-fold in reality: too expensive and too doll-like

Aside from that, nothing against Medicom, they just aint my cup of tea. Marmit, for the time, had me drooling at the mouth. Just wish that Vader of theirs actually got beyond the proto stage. That looked nice...

marmitvadermedicomvadercompari.jpg

Considering how much older that Marmit proto is, I think it gives the Sideshow one a run for its money

Does anyone know what happened to the marmit line?
I have always been curious.

I love the medi ESB fett so much, my up coming boba fett costume is gonna look exactly like it!...inaccuracies and all!!

Back