1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost think it may need to be a combination of fixes. You might need to heat the green armor to curve it, or cut the underside clear plastic, but then take in the fabric a bit at the seams as well.

074a.jpg
Looks amazing when you can't see the armor.

Here's a great shot of the armor. It looks a lot less boxy and more natural.
I'm really excited for this one, even if I have to tweak a few things here and there to get it to look the way I want it to look.

071a.jpg

So the main issue with the armor looking a bit wonky is just that the ab plate is too straight and needs to be given a bit of a curvature, correct? I read through the last few pages, but might have missed something.

So the main issue with the armor looking a bit wonky is just that the ab plate is too straight and needs to be given a bit of a curvature, correct? I read through the last few pages, but might have missed something.

It's the clear plastic backer piece the armor is attached to that is giving the boxy look.

Yes, but like everything in this world it's not as simple as that. Several things contribute to the wonky armor: the ab plate needs curvature, the clear plastic backing behind the vest is too straight and maybe slightly oversized (needs to be either cut, removed, or shrunk--hasn't been fully determined yet), and the vest might need to be taken in a bit so it fits his torso better.

A few people have done one of each of those things, and theirs are much better. So it may work with just doing one fix, but I'm thinking you might need to do a combo to get it to look just right.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks guys. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for the easiest and most effective solution folks come up with. I would worry about the plastic "shrinkage" ruining the vest if I went for the water trick.

Just got a call from UPS, Boba is waiting for me to pick him up. I'll try to do it over lunch, but likely any mods will have to wait until after work :monkey2

Mine arrived, left for work and haven't got time to fix him up yet.

At first glance, the box vest does bug me. Besides that everything else look alright.

Have anyone discussed about colour, I thought colour scheme look rather light. Is that accurate?

Wow puay! Got yrs fast..did u order frm ST or direct frm sideshow ?

Mine should be on the porch when I get home from work along with Commander Fox. UPS didn't drop off black spiderman til 830 last night...still need to set him up. Busy futzing afternoon ahead. :yess:

Back