1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you remove the clear plastic backing altogether, or cut around the armor pegs?

Kind of a combination. I cut two pegs off of the lower armor, to try and use the hot water cure-all :). No dice :(.

I slapped some velcro on the back, and it is held on by two remaining pegs on one side, and a bit of velcro on the other.

I figured I'd just cut all the pegs off and glue it on the vest, but I'm gonna wait awhile. I don't particularly like to perform surgery on a figure the day I get it :)

I considered that, but I think the vest material isn't trustworthy enough to glue onto. I picture the vest material shedding its 'skin' eventually.

I happened to see a 1996 12" Hasbro 'pinhead' Vader at a boot sale last Sunday. His suit was rotten and peeling. It would be sad to see Boba go the same way.

All of my Hasbro figs with that "painted fabric" material are beginning to separate/peel. Even Walrusman, which was unfortunately a pretty decent figure, has just started. Hopefully SSC will get to him soon.

If SSC went with a similar technique with the Boba vest, you got maybe ten years then :gah:

All respect that those who are happy with the results - but I really don't recommend using heat to bend any of the plastic - first because of the horrible results I got and because it doesn't need it.

The figure is designed very well with the size, shape and placement of the armor pieces. I truly believe that the factory just misread the pattern on the vest and stitched it wrong.

But whatever gives you a figure you're happy with. I think most people will be okay with him even without making any drastic adjustments.

Here's a fun one. Which one is SideShow, and which one is Medicom?

090.jpg

092-1.jpg

Same sculpt!

Whoa! Those really do look exactly the same. Only the paint is different. Does Sideshow have some splaining to do?:lol

They have different seam lines and the button on the back is slightly different.

Althought the scale is perplexing, from your pic ( since I don't have them in hand) it looks like theres three differences.

Top circle:cylinder looks more flared on the right pistol

Middle circle: cylinder looks thicker on the right pistol(due to paint color difference?) maybe its an optical illusion, but to me it looks quite thicker

Bottom circle: The right pistol nub on the back looks very small compared to the pistol on the left.

Again, you've got them in hand, thats just what i see in the pic. It is very weird they're so close though.

pistols.jpg

Althought the scale is perplexing, from your pic ( since I don't have them in hand) it looks like theres three differences.

Top circle:cylinder looks more flared on the right pistol

Middle circle: cylinder looks thicker on the right pistol(due to paint color difference?) maybe its an optical illusion, but to me it looks quite thicker

Bottom circle: The right pistol nub on the back looks very small compared to the pistol on the left.

Again, you've got them in hand, thats just what i see in the pic. It is very weird they're so close though.

pistols.jpg

Well, one was cast in 2007 (Medicom). The other in 2012 (SideShow).

I think that the variances that you're pointing out are simply 'flash' and the fact that they were made at least 5 years apart kinda supports that. Plus, recasts tend to have softer lines/details than originals.

It's no big deal, just interesting. Has anyone else noticed that the blaster rifle seems just a bit underscaled for Boba Fett? His pinky hangs off of the bottom. Again, no biggie, just interesting.

Last edited:
Last shot, just for fun. Great figure. Been messing with mine since 5:00!

Night, guys. Post more pics!

009-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the scale thing is definitely interesting, you'd expect the SS weapons to be a bit beefier.

Great pics Rubio, i can't wait to fiddle around with this figure after i pick him up.

Last shot, just for fun. Great figure. Been messing with mine since 5:00!

Night, guys. Post more pics!

009-1.jpg

Interesting detail. While there are certainly subtle differences, it is unusual that the two guns have the exact same proportions throughout.

It's possible Lucasfilm has a computer model of some of this stuff that can be licensed for use by various manufacturers (to keep things accurate and keep conformity,) but sort of unlikely.

I noticed SSC contracted a third party model-making company to design/build the e-web cannon, so maybe they did approach Medicom to save a couple of bucks on this one!

Who knows, maybe the Medi was a copy of the Marmit...

I wonder if instead of cutting the clear plastic sheet completely away, we can just cut lines vertically and horizontally. That would make it a bit more flexible without taking the drastic measure of cutting all the plastic away. Almost like you'd score a leg of lamb to make it more pliable and easier to grill. Instead of one giant piece of clear plastic you'd have 10,12,14? smaller squares of plastic that are able to mold around his chest better...giving a less boxy look.

:dunno

The latest round of pictures look great! rubio95's really look like a man wearing a costume. The poses are so natural. SilentSurfer's unfutzed pictures look great as well.

Thanks for the heads up about the exclusive. Finally put it an order. :yess:

Got my Boba Fett this morning. I think it's great overall and the best Sideshow figure out there to date and one of the few I'd even own. I think they really tried to make this the absolute best figure they could. This will be the last figure I'd sell from my small collection (unless it it starts selling for $800-$1000 on Ebay of course! ;) )

The hot wather treatment looks like a really easy fix, thank for sharing the photos!. Looks really amazing, almost like the proto. Sure i will do this mod when i have him on hand :)

Back