1/6th Millennium Falcon Gunner Station

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most appreciated richard, you sent some stuff that we havent got which is grand. For me these boards are all about sharing and helping. The more folks chip in and comment the better.
I love it!!

:horror

:yess: this should be awesome!

If C bob's already gonna do the space-potty, perhaps I could make the bottle of hand-sanitizer to go with it. You don't want to have nasty, dirty hands after a particularly huge, disgustingly nasty -

ah, well, nevermind.

Anyway, all we need now is the room with the dejarik holochess table, and most of the Falcon's interior should exist in 1/6 scale.

Can't wait to see how the gunner station turns out!

Great start on the gunner station.

Thats 2 sections started, common the rest of you guys, get to work. :)

Mark, I love you man, but what the hell are these "cm"'s you speak of?:dunno My AMERICAN tape measure has little hash marks every 1/8 of an inch. You crazy foreigners and your metrics:cuckoo:

:rotfl I used to think the same thing, but now I do every thing in metric, its so much easier, not to mention I sort of have to for the patterns I do for other people.

:horror
Anyway, all we need now is the room with the dejarik holochess table, and most of the Falcon's interior should exist in 1/6 scale.

At least the chess table has been done for us, that was actually the first Star Wars SS piece I ever got.

I saw this thread of yours, Darth_IMPoor and I know it's from a while back and your photos are no longer showing. Have you updated your Gunner Station since then? I think it's a cool and iconic set piece and is more relevant now than ever because of the headset accessory that come with HT ANH Han Solo. Too bad ANH Luke doesn't come with the same headset and hairpiece accessory.

Okay, here's the first set of pics. Again, where I have used the foamboard as a base in the past, this will be made out of better material, but I'm making templates from what I have.

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

I think I have it sized OK, but extra eyes never hurt and I'll look forward to your thoughts. My sizes are eyeballed, but based on the following:

When Han first sits down, he looks like he flips a couple switches without reaching to bad.

IMG_1705.jpg

When the seat is swung to an extreme side (as shown in one of Marks pics above), it looks like he wouldn't be able to reach the opposite side with an extended arm.

IMG_1704.jpg

Alot of my dimensions are based on the entry hole. Once the hole is right, you can just use images to see how wide parts are in relation to that hole. The size seems reasonable compared to what I remember of the movie.

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

So what do you guys think? Is the size in the ballpark?

Back