Mythos Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sktchwlkr

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone and welcome. So I'm using this thread to keep track of my first custom figure, Mythos Jango Fett. Despite my lack of experience when it comes to 1/6 customs, I felt inspired by the big leagues here and try my hand at this really cool craft. Every step of the way, I anticipate to stumble and make mistakes and frankly I already have, but it's been fun and quite rewarding when something happens for the better after taking a chance. Anyways, there's my intro and now I'll get into the details.

Back in the day, I accumulated a few 12" hasbro figures, 1 being a Jango Fett figure that came with all his tool kit that could never stay on his being. After seeing those cool mythos Obi-Wan and Boba figures, I thought it be really cool to come up with a mythos Jango. The "what if?" scenario if Jango survived Geonosis. So the idea was to take this old figure with terrible proportions and gear that never stays on and mod him into something that resembles something of better quality and who looks like he has quite a story. So then I decided it important to create a backstory so I have something to pull from.

To summarize, Jango and Windu fight in Geonosis but Jango wins and guns down the Jedi master after a hard and intense fight. He lives up to his name and the reason he was chosen for the clone army. As he frantically leaves the area with his son, he takes Windu's saber. Some years later after order 66, him and his son are visited by Vader, as they're in the middle of a saber combat training session. Vader proposes an offer Jango can't refuse and recruits him as THE Jedi hunter. He lives up to it and becomes a legendary figure in the mythos.
So utilizing that as my base, I want to blend his original look and try to use as much as I can from that original figure but give him story. I want him to be recognizable but at the same time, invoke curiosity.

I never took a before shot but to remind anyone who doesn't remember, this is what the figure looked like:
f3d6e69d62708d091dddee44117d1e3b.jpg
534c504fd2fb4a0ea337f42f81134edb.jpg

Here's some images im pulling inspiration from:

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

I've already started this little project and will post a progress image once I get the vest fitted. I Also have a quick concept sketch to show the general route I wanna go.

Last edited:
Here’s a pic I snapped the other day. A bit has been done since but here you can see some mods. I first replaced the hasbro body with a decent HT compatible version then bulked it up with foam adhesive. Then I cut the head down to fit the neck. I also cut off the hands from the original gauntlets and drilled holes so they can fit on the wrist joints. The boots are from a Hasbro Obi-Wan figure I took modded for a tighter fit. They’re also in 2 parts now for better posing. Last I fitted the jumpsuit to the best of my ability With a few screw ups. Oh well, Ill just work it haha.

3511FE49-D39D-4BE3-868B-916A350E1A20.jpeg

Here's an update shot. I slimmed down the vest a bit, before it was pretty fat and didn't fit well.

The Windu saber is a free 3D model I got off the webs and printed. It still needs a proper paint job and a better way to fasten to the belt besides some small gauge wire. I may end up reprinting it to get a better result.

I'm not sure about the stock helmet. In person it looks proportionally correct but any photo I take makes it look huge. I was hoping to get away with using this but at the end of the day, I'd much rather have something that looks proportionally correct. My plan when then be to 3D print it.

So a big thing I want to do is make him a half cape with a fur mantle. I picked up some brown suede material, very similar to the cape used for the Mando HT figures. I have no experience here but will see what I can do with it.
IMG_0814.jpg

Back