1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been dutifully watching every YT review on this fig on my pathway to pulling the trigger but I will tell you this pose was kind of a buzzkill.

51631014405_fb2771089f_o.png

This looks like a cheap toy, just can’t get on board with the clean look at all. Had this on order with KG and I don’t have a Tusken in my (OT only) collection. Gonna cancel it.

Sitting here watching The Marshal episode the Tuskens aren‘t nearly as clean in the show as this figure, maybe not as filthy as ANH but definitely not pristine and their outer robe was almost as voluminous as in ANH too.

This figure definitely needs some work to even look like a Mando Raider.

Sitting here watching The Marshal episode the Tuskens aren‘t nearly as clean in the show as this figure, maybe not as filthy as ANH but definitely not pristine and their outer robe was almost as voluminous as in ANH too.

This figure definitely needs some work to even look like a Mando Raider.

I wonder if there's variations among them?

As with this pair:

vlcsnap-2021-10-26-16h27m46s570.png

The left hand one looks closer to the HT with a sleeved cloak, and the one on the right has a more voluminous cloak with the 'sleeves' formed by stitching the material together as was done in the OT.

The HT cloak still looks too skimpy either way though.

I wonder if there's variations among them?

As with this pair:

View attachment 542851

The left hand one looks closer to the HT with a sleeved cloak, and the one on the right has a more voluminous cloak with the 'sleeves' formed by stitching the material together as was done in the OT.

The HT cloak still looks too skimpy either way though.

I noticed some variations as I watched the episode. The initial meeting of the Tuskens with Cobb and Din showed them looking much more like the ANH versions and then it appeared for the action scenes with the Krait they trimmed the length of the outer robes down, possibly to make it easier to run and such but they were still all pretty voluminous otherwise.

Either way, like you mentioned, the HT robe is all kinds of wrong.

I still love the SS V2 Bossk next ESB Boba Knightstalker.

The robes on Tusken should definitely be longer, I’m sure the custom one will improve the figure a lot but I have to pass on this figure with so many releases imminent.

With the cheaper looking fabrics and very clean appearance, this unfortunately looks more like someone who bought their Tusken Raider cosplay from a Chinese seller than someone that bought it from a prop maker or worked hard to make it themselves.

The kama on the Shoretrooper Squad Leader also looks really cheap to me as well.

I would prefer this be related to supply issues or rushing these figures out instead of an indication that Hot Toys is moving towards inferior textiles to save costs.

Back