1/6 SooSooToys - SST053 - High Priest of Pop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has just shipped from TNS Figures. Hopefully, this pairs up nicely with Blitzway's Kurt figure (whenever I get that one).
Pretty sure this uses the same body as Bob Marley by them as it's a small 28cm figure.

Blitzway bodies are always a bit bigger but will look incredible still. Both mine shipped also so looking forward to these.

1000030995.jpg
1000031009.jpg

Just found out about this figure! (Purple Rain tour was my very first concert!). Luckily TNS still had them in stock. Does anyone know if there‘s a 1/6 scale version of his Telecaster out there? I’d love to recreate him in his 1999 era. 😁

IMG_5353.jpeg

Just found out about this figure! (Purple Rain tour was my very first concert!). Luckily TNS still had them in stock. Does anyone know if there‘s a 1/6 scale version of his Telecaster out there? I’d love to recreate him in his 1999 era. 😁

View attachment 679813
I am sure you could find something close. Fender makes ton of their guitars in a small scale. Though it won't be perfect as that was not a fender haha

No, you do not want Axe Heaven. Nice guitars, but not in scale. Closer to 1/5.
SD Toys made a Fender Collection series. Only made it to series 1.
They have a butterscotch Tele that should work. It's also still relatively priced.
You can mod the head stock with Hohner.
fender.png

They have a butterscotch Tele that should work. It's also still relatively priced.
View attachment 679816
that guitar looks familiar seems like the same one that came with Medicom Yutaka Ozaki figure. not a guitar guy but check it out.

Just grabbed one of these from TNS, couldn’t pass it up now that I’m seeing how good he looks in hand. Well go well with my Hot Toys MJ’s, Win C Freddie Mercury and Blitzway Cobain. I’m hoping SooSoo take on more music icons like Bowie, Madonna or Elton John.

View attachment 679816
Thanks for the recommendation! 1999 was the first vinyl record I ever bought (that wasn't part of a comic book set, anyway) and when I first became a Prince fan, so this era of his career is very near and dear to my heart. :rock

Prince arrived fast from Giantoy. Looks awesome in hand!

View attachment 680249
Looking good even with flashed photo.
Got 2 ordered sending the other to have the movie outfit done.

Glad it's got a positive reception. What's your thoughts on the outfit? Not sure which outfit they used for reference.

Looking good even with flashed photo.
Got 2 ordered sending the other to have the movie outfit done.

Glad it's got a positive reception. What's your thoughts on the outfit? Not sure which outfit they used for reference.
Overall the outfit and figure looks great. I’m pretty sure this is the Purple Rain album cover outfit. For sure the outfit he wears at the end of his movie when he sings Purple Rain. I don’t think the boots are accurate though (and guitar picks) as they have his symbol on them:

IMG_1622.jpeg

I believe that was an early 90’s thing?

If I had to nitpick the guitar pick hand has a noticeable seam on it and you can see the black padding under the neck joint:

IMG_1624.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

I dig the stage that he comes with. It has little holes in the back of the stage lights in case someone wanted to add LEDs to them.

Thanks for the info so found out it's the 1999 outfit as it's definitely not the purple rain outfit.
1000031307.jpg

Purple rain outfit
1000031287.jpg

As for the minor issues I think the neck is easily fixed, the boots that symbol is easily removable according to someone on Facebook. The hand thing is very annoying as they did the same with Bob Marley and don't get the logic in that. 🤦

The Symbol was first seen in 1982 on the cover of the 1999 album but the version with the horn incorporated is indeed from 1992 and onwards, so no not accurate for the Little Red Corvette outfit which certainly didn't have the symbol as a zipper pull on his boots, seems simple enough to remove if someone wanted to. The pants shouldn't be glittery or black either but short of trying to paint them not many options to fix that, the outfit seems to be a mix of Little Red Corvette and 1999 with their own flourishes.

Back