1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, my chains were a mess also. I took some time to sort them out. The bug tangle mess was the belt chains on mine….

Guess it must have been close to quitting time when mine was made.
I still haven't fixed the chains on mine.

Finally got a chance to really look him over. No broken belts. No hair loss. He's what was expected based on other members' posts. Now, what Asta has said about his mods make some sense. :ROFLMAO: Here are a few things I noticed: He's really awkward to pose. He's not easy to get in a natural stance. Could be all the plastic around the body. The wired skirt is a nice idea, but makes it cumbersome to work with. Widening the chest piece is doable. The plastic obscures the body, so no need for another. There is material already wrapped around the wait, so adding more material won't look out of place. Making the pants wider at the waistline is also doable. I wish the underlying belt was a working one, or that it was longer. It is way too tight around the waist. You'll need to cut it or unglue it and add material to make it longer. Looks like Asta cut it right down the middle at the back. I really love the rubber material used for the head. It is very pliable. Has a very silicone mask feel to it. I'm really happy I purchased this figure. Fun little project figure; which is what was expected.

I still haven't fixed the chains on mine.

Ugh, getting those tiny ass links onto the tiny ass ring and crimping it closed with only two hands and bad eyes -- nightmare!!!

Anyway, had a few days with the wife away so...

COMP 1.jpg

Touched-up the mask as well... and added, um, I think too much scarf...

Mask 3.jpg

I got him nice and girthy... but that blasted plastic belt would not fit anymore. After struggling for awhile and not wanted to cut the belt to extended it, I went back to a... slimmer Joe. He's really easy to fatten up around his belt line... but I desperately need a good replacement belt that's at least 1/3 inch wider.

I even widened the armor to accommodate the girth as you can see in the pictures.

Anyway, once I source a new belt, I will beef him up and correct my scarf.

The mask came out nice! You brought some life to it. I too was surprised how easily it would be to fatten him up. Sadly, that belt soured the surprise.

Ugh, getting those tiny ass links onto the tiny ass ring and crimping it closed with only two hands and bad eyes -- nightmare!!!

View attachment 585079

View attachment 585080

I got him nice and girthy... but that blasted plastic belt would not fit anymore. After struggling for awhile and not wanted to cut the belt to extended it, I went back to a... slimmer Joe. He's really easy to fatten up around his belt line... but I desperately need a good replacement belt that's at least 1/3 inch wider.

I even widened the armor to accommodate the girth as you can see in the pictures.

I actually used a piece of a torn T shirt I had to make the scarf, it was already dirtyed up with car oil, and some what yellowed but I took the cleanest section ,and weathered it up to use as my scarf. Lol also horrible news my joe fell from my shelf and the chain badge broke off surprisingly it was easy to fix so no issues and it fixed the chains so now they hang normal.

I do find the narrow hips on Joe distracting and incorrect. I was talking to Asta and he mentioned adding a belt... that got me thinking about cutting off the back-brace section and the complex "front" portion of the plastic belt and gluing those onto a longer belt so I can control the girth. I think that might work.

Your Immortan Joe is looking good, Wor-Gar.

I particularly like how you got the hair to look. I still haven't attempted it yet. I actually don't want to work on it until all of the other little updates are completed first.

Maybe you got lucky as fixing the chains would be a lot easier for me if I took the whole thing off the armor. :lol
It made it easier when the chains were untangled the scare wasn't necessary though. Lol I plan to have raveneye make that waist belt I want to find a way to remove the chest armour, and give more padding to the waist.

Your Immortan Joe is looking good, Wor-Gar.

I particularly like how you got the hair to look. I still haven't attempted it yet. I actually don't want to work on it until all of the other little updates are completed first.

Thanks. My OCD was happy to get the medals closer to the movie look too.

Yep, the hair was the last thing I did. I feel like I could get it even better with a little more time. It's also very thick, too thick. I feel like I could thin it a bit with more work.

It made it easier when the chains were untangled the scare wasn't necessary though. Lol I plan to have raveneye make that waist belt I want to find a way to remove the chest armour, and give more padding to the waist.

It's pretty easy to shove cotton up into the belly wrap material that is already in place around his waist. Most of Joe's girth is really around his lower abdomen and hips... so that's where a long enough belt is key

I bet Raveneye can make a really nice leather belt that is long and actually works. I'd be interested to know what his price is. Maybe a few of us could help drive the price down.

Thanks. My OCD was happy to get the medals closer to the movie look too.

Yep, the hair was the last thing I did. I feel like I could get it even better with a little more time. It's also very thick, too thick. I feel like I could thin it a bit with more work.
The hair strands themselves look great, as they are much thinner than what Hot Toys does and the sculpt looks fuller, as well. That is a huge plus when dealing with faux hair.

Looking great Wor….

Unfortunately my saga continues…

Kit got them to send me a new head, with a good amount of hair…..but no neck plug….

Its impossible to get the plug out of the head since is soft rubber and glued in….

asking Kit to see what the heck Premier is up to with thier customer service.

I would love to start modding, but I need a complete figure to get started….
ADE86595-9C2D-490B-A4D4-E5CA29992A76.jpeg

BBC06ECC-2768-4031-9AC8-447D9074EE2B.jpeg

Attachments

• 4AC5F5D3-B4F7-4B37-9381-CF9084C9509B.jpeg
    4AC5F5D3-B4F7-4B37-9381-CF9084C9509B.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 0

View attachment 585079

View attachment 585080

What you do to get the hair so “unfrizzy”

What you do to get the hair so “unfrizzy”

I was very gentle and slow. ;)

I also had a little cup of warm water so I could dip the tips of my fingers in while I shaped the hair. Once I got a general shape, then I used a little more water -- like a drip or two off my fingers -- to shape sections of hair. I tried to get really small strands but it was very hard and the best ones happened naturally, meaning they just happened while I worked. I used a toothpick to separate them further and sort of place them.

I would like to try again, as I think I learned alot by doing and could probably do better now.

I was very gentle and slow. ;)

I also had a little cup of warm water so I could dip the tips of my fingers in while I shaped the hair. Once I got a general shape, then I used a little more water -- like a drip or two off my fingers -- to shape sections of hair. I tried to get really small strands but it was very hard and the best ones happened naturally, meaning they just happened while I worked. I used a toothpick to separate them further and sort of place them.

I would like to try again, as I think I learned alot by doing and could probably do better now.
Hope your Barbies weren't too jealous.:bat2:

2F7CC404-30B8-40D3-91A1-4FB0C2B6263E.jpeg
Welp,
Finally got around to making a neck plug
to replace the missing one, repainting the mask (see closeup) and posing that hair….what a chore that was!

Overall I am now very happy to have Joe.

Guess I need to fashion a scarf for him now…
499E8E12-96FF-4F59-B6D4-96D419AC55DD.jpeg

05734F82-F947-47CC-8048-FA42D9FBFBE3.jpeg

EE38E1FC-6622-4757-9EA1-6A169FF5BE0D.jpeg

84B27838-B09C-420A-8CC8-568C41C588D2.jpeg

Wind Blown look….
7BEB574C-33FC-43A2-B7F7-6E6B3A447652.jpeg

I have to admit the thing that creeps me the most out on Joe are those flat front boots :lol something just unsettling about those.
no kidding. its like he has no toes inside there. If his face looks like that underneath, I can imagine what his toes look like. :sick:

Back