1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great addition to my sci-fi shelf.

Too bad the helmet side lights don't light up. Premier released a promo pic with them on, but didn't follow through.
IMG_2791.jpg

I just thought, "Hold on a minute. Where's the helmet lights?"

Looked in the bottom of the box.

ROPE!!!!

View attachment 658207

The cams are held on with magnets, the EVA backpack, the sculpt, plus that clear faceplate/dome.

They do love their magnets. Done an excellent job with them.
Nice detailed breakdown of this figure! Appreciate all the info going into to this. I love getting these one offs to add to the collection.

Nice detailed breakdown of this figure! Appreciate all the info going into to this. I love getting these one offs to add to the collection.

I haven’t taken any closeup shots of the gloves. They’re incredibly well done on both sides.

It’s one of those figures/designs you spot more things the longer you look. Wish I’d seen the original suit up close when it was on display.

Those of you receiving this today (ahem, Wor-Gar) are in for a treat. Got mine delivered late yesterday from onesixthkit (thanks again @Kit Chen!) and was able to open it today. Lots of great detail for a third-party figure and the suit is better than I was expecting. I thought it might be more like the rubber suits on the Infamous Black Order figures, but with the printed lines, details and colouring, it comes across way better than I was anticipating.

Here’s a couple of quick over-cast morning shots using the non-bearded sculpt.

983F21F3-A594-4329-87CF-F74202ED5C36.jpeg

C3DC8975-EC47-4EE2-85FE-7B6FEAF9EFB1.jpeg

No update on mine since last week, I know it’s in the US but other than that its been on its way to USPS for a while now.

Yeah that clean shaven sculpt is the only one I'll be using. I'm not seeing nearly as strong a likeness on the bearded one, and plus it's not how we saw the character in the majority of the movie anyway.

But isn't the bearded sculpt the only one to be wearing the "Snoopy cap"? Or does it bring one for the regular sculpt?
It's the only one. It's fixed. I'm not sure if the clean sculpt will sit inside correctly.

Looks great, Indiana!

The clean sculpt was always better, but as has been said, maybe it won't fit and it doesn't have the cap. Either way, is the gold visor movable? Mine will be with helmet on, "shading" as much of Damon as possible.

Also, is it just the one set of hands on this?

Gold visor doesn’t seem to move unfortunately Wor-Gar. The sculpts aren’t too bad in hand for a third-party. I’ve seen a lot worse.

There are 2 sets of gloves hands, relaxed and fingers slightly bent.

Got it! Love it!

Looks fantastic from across the room. I even like the bearded sculpt. This is a figure I never thought I'd have so I am being extra kind.

Lots of little details to fiddle with -- belts and hooks and loops.

I thought I also had one leg longer than the other but it just took some shifting around to sort it out.

So, couple issues:

1) Has anyone gotten the helmet to light up? I followed instructions but I get nothing. Is there a button or switch I'm missing?

2) Those side cameras on the helmet are very difficult to pose. I thought they'd just click into place firmly but they kind of shift around, and angle themselves unevenly. Do others have this problem?

Both my issues are helmet driven so I hope I didn't get a lemon helmet.

1) Has anyone gotten the helmet to light up? I followed instructions but I get nothing. Is there a button or switch I'm missing?

2) Those side cameras on the helmet are very difficult to pose. I thought they'd just click into place firmly but they kind of shift around, and angle themselves unevenly. Do others have this problem?

Both my issues are helmet driven so I hope I didn't get a lemon helmet.
No button on backpack, just metal contacts when the backpack snaps into position. Try wiggling it a bit, and make sure the colored plug wires are aligned. I agree the magnetic attachment of the side cameras isn't too secure. Would have preferred if they made them permanently attached with lit up function.

Back