1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watney lights (1).jpg
watney lights (2).jpg

watney lights (3).jpg

watney rock.jpg

Those lights are looking kinda huge and out of scale so gonna need to find a solution for that.

Does crack me up though that they appeared to just use regular LED strip tape in the movie.

18cbd8bb-60e3-4305-8cf8-cb2073af442e.jpg

Wow this is looking incredible, Premier for the win again?

Full disclosure, this will not be in my collection......

Why?

Because, I bought it for my son, who is , like me, a HUGE fan of the film, and he started college last week majoring in Aerospace.

This is his first 1/6 figure, and the timing was perfect. We moved him in last week.

May "Watney" inspire him to space like heights.

Now I regret not buying a second one.

I have not gotten my figure yet, but I am hoping to use some mylar diffusion over the lights. I saw several people do that for iron man light-up parts

Facebook crowd who have this in hand are going on about it being printed Spandex.

Tired No Can Do GIF by Katelyn Tarver

I've really gotta stop going on there. I feel like we're all doomed.
I just quickly unboxed it and gave a quick look over. It looks great! The suit turned out better than I assumed to be honest. Biggest negative I see are the paint apps on the eyes and helmet shape being off. Also wish the visor would raise and lower.

I'm glad I stay away from those places.

I just quickly unboxed it and gave a quick look over. It looks great! The suit turned out better than I assumed to be honest. Biggest negative I see are the paint apps on the eyes and helmet shape being off. Also wish the visor would raise and lower.

I'm glad I stay away from those places.
The helmet wouldn't be quite so bad if they hadn't done such a terrible job with the sun visor. They glued it in. Otherwise, it would have been easy to replace. Instead, I'm looking at doing the entire helmet.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived! Will be checking it out soon. It was Christmas in August for me, today. Had this figure, HT Chewie, HT Snowspeeder Luke and the Bat-pod all arrive today! Looks like it will be a busy weekend checking them all out.

Back