1:6 Lennon by Darren Carnall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh... now add all 4 ghostbuster sculpts to the commission list... and a japanese company that wants me to help them make some prototypes if I can fit it in ............ *sigh* .... lol

Need.... more... hours... in the day

(The Lennon will be closer to the front though)

oh... now add all 4 ghostbuster sculpts to the commission list... and a japanese company that wants me to help them make some prototypes if I can fit it in ............ *sigh* .... lol

Need.... more... hours... in the day

(The Lennon will be closer to the front though)

Darren, that is great news about all the sculpts and commissions coming in. You deserve it. Hope you're charging enough for your work:)

Continued success!

thanks Jeff. :)

Oh, and you can add a 1984 Sarah Connor to that list that I've been commissioned to do. Got the figure and sculpt here that I'm working on.

(see what I mean about needing more hours in the day? lol)

thanks Jeff. :)

Oh, and you can add a 1984 Sarah Connor to that list that I've been commissioned to do. Got the figure and sculpt here that I'm working on.

(see what I mean about needing more hours in the day? lol)

:rock Oh, you will get a ton of requests for those Sarahs, trust me!

Consider yourself in siquisiri! :D

BUMP!!!!

john_lennon.jpg

Since Darren has now announced a tentative completion date for our Lennon head sculpt (June 7) I thought we should start a new thread. Just as a reminder, this will be 1964 circa Ed Sullivan appearance Lennon.

Freaks Who Are Interested:

1. pixletwin
2. The Ill Jedi
3. abstractharmony X 2
4. pjam
5. Billy
6. DarkArtist81
7. DarthRazz
8. shaun-0
9. orbitingx
10. metaphorge
11. Ironman1188
12. Gruff Old Bear
13. Batty
14. JediMike71
15. FigureMasterLes
16. JiminyDog
17. BillyB
18. fistfulmetal
19. sirkangol
20. bcm77
21. thamesvalidude
22. lcummins
23. siquisiri

Anyone else want in? :rock

Hey Darren theyve got a Glass Display with Lennons / Mcartneys suit in it at John Lennon Airport but I think its past Passport Control

So if its a toss up between Manchester and Liverpool airport for your trip to Amsterdam go Liverpool :)

Hey Darren theyve got a Glass Display with Lennons / Mcartneys suit in it at John Lennon Airport but I think its past Passport Control

So if its a toss up between Manchester and Liverpool airport for your trip to Amsterdam go Liverpool :)

we try to use Liverpool airport when we fly anywhere, so next time we do that I'll try to have a look. (for the honeymoon we're not flying to New York from there so it'll be next year now at least).

As for the Lennon sculpt........ I hate to do this. But there's no way I'll be able to fit it in before I stop work for my wedding and the honeymoon.

I'm still working on commissions that were paid for well before we'd even started talking about this... and that's a long time ago.

This is still ON. I have the clay, I have the reference photos... and boy do I have the eagerness to do this! I'm itching to do this... seriously.

But I'd be lying if I even attempted to say that I might fit it in before the wedding, and I never want to be anything other than totally honest and up front with you guys.

I didn't realise just how much time would need to be spent planning and arranging things for the wedding and honeymoon. (because we're doing a lot of it ourselves to keep costs down (hah!) then things take way... WAY longer). So because of this every time I try to settle down to work on something for a week, there's something elsewhere that drags me away and slows me down.

Sorry about this guys... If you all got fed up and backed out, I'd understand. Especially if you wanted it now. Even if that happens, I'll still be doing it for myself after the honeymoon some time, just because I've got myself all fired up to do it.... so I'll leave it with you lot for the time being.

Sorry for dragging this thing out. (at least now you understand why in September I'll be putting a halt to adding new commissions to the list, and purely spending 12 hours a day working through my workload)

Darren

You don't need to worry about me backing out. It's not like I need this right now for any reason. I'm just glad to be having this done by you. And I think a wedding and honeymoon are a little more important for you.

I was smart when it came to my wedding- I let my wife and her mother take care of all the planning. I just had to show up. :D

I was smart when it came to my wedding- I let my wife and her mother take care of all the planning. I just had to show up. :D

I did the same thing "Tell me when and where and I'll be there"!:rotfl

No rush at all Darren, take your time, when it's done it's done.

Back