1:6 Lennon Custom Commission Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's just a sample. I'll definitely be able to get better ones from A Hard Days Night than the Ed Sullivan Show. The quality is so much better.

Watched Help! the other day since its been rereleased. That would be a fun little version to pull from.

Ok sirkangol, you are added to the list. :rock

john_lennon.jpg

Freaks Who Are Interested:

1. pixletwin
2. The Ill Jedi
3. abstractharmony X 2
4. pjam
5. Billy
6. DarkArtist81
7. DarthRazz
8. shaun-0
9. orbitingx
10. sladesuperagent
11. metaphorge
12. Ironman1188
13. Gruff Old Bear
14. Batty
15. JediMike71
16. FigureMasterLes
17. JiminyDog
18. BillyB
19. fistfulmetal
20. sirkangol
21. bcm77

Last edited:
did we get any more reference pics? It would be good to start collecting these images now so I know I can start as soon as I'm available. Basic haircut/expression decisions can be made now.... as well as dead on front/side/back images for reference.

Lets start talking about this now :)

Can I also be added to the list please. I'm a big Beatles fan and would love a 1/6 John Lennon in my collection.

Yeah, I have all the movies, the Anthology box and the Ed Sullivan DVD. I also have a lot of books. I should be able to come up with a couple of good views. :D

Here's just a few to get us started. I've just scratched the surface, and I'll be doing more tonight. If anyone wants to see anything in particular, let me know.

Nice work Batty. I am partial to either the smiling ones (the last one) or the moody ones (like the Hamburg shot).

Thanks. Yeah, it's going to be hard to decide. I like John's smile because it seems like the older he got the less he did it. I think I also prefer the 1964 era hair before they filmed Help! It was a little too long in the back then.

Here are some shots I took from Help!

cool pics so far!

I'll save them to my hard drive in the next few days. Obviously the hair and facial expressions are interchangeable... so if you want a particular face (smile/singing/straight) but a different hair style from another photo.... then you can just specify what type you think you want on the sculpt.

I guess the next few weeks is time to decide how you think you'll be having it posed Pixletwin.... singing or straight faced or grinning. Or we could start with one, and get that all done. Then if there's time (after we've done the rest of them? lol) then maybe the head could be resculpted with another expression (swappable heads?)

who knows....

I think either the neutral/moody expression or the smile is the best one to run with. Either way is good for me. As far as the hair goes, I prefer to keep it Nov. 63 - March 64 in style and length. :rock2

I think either the neutral/moody expression or the smile is the best one to run with. Either way is good for me. As far as the hair goes, I prefer to keep it Nov. 63 - March 64 in style and length. :rock2

I totally agree about the hair... It wasn't too short or too long during that period.

I'm still up in the air about the expression. On one hand I like the neutral expression, but on the other I think the smile also makes it look like he's singing. I'm just not sure I would want him looking like that all the time.

Regarding the expression I don't mind a straight faced one as long as it has a bit of "life" about it and by that I mean it doesn't look as blank faced as some SSC sculpts. I think a choice of heads would be a great idea if possible.

Back