1:6 Lennon by Darren Carnall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally on board for all four '64 Beatles... And probably any other eras decided on. Looking at Darren's previous work, I don't need to think twice about it. I've never seen 1:6 Beatles done before, so I'm pretty excited about this.

And I think the work John did with the Beatles from their very beginnings is just as important as the work he did until the end of his life.

Where is the fun in that? :)

Beatle Boots:

b1024.jpg

TOO MUCH WORK! I've got my own pet projects that are taking like forever themselves. I like John, but not enough to leg it out. :( I will keep my eyes open though for outfit possibilities and let you all know. A Nehru jacket would be cool.

Yeah.. I wish Kevin Ellis would take on a group order....

Maybe thats the solution... find a cut and sew guy... hmmmmm...

:horror Really? Thats fine if he felt like that, but I don't think most of his fans would agree. Heck, I don't think most of his fans even own a Lennon solo record.

So...how can you be a fan of John Lennon and NOT own any of his solo recording? :rolleyes: John pretty much publicly disowned the Beatles after their break-up. Yes, the group as a whole was a phenom--but John felt he was stifled creatively by the other four (George Martin was a Beatle for all intensive purposes).

Also, the endeavor of putting all of the Fab Four together from scratch like this seems rather exhausting even on paper at this point. I'd be interested in a sculpt of solo John at one point, but that could be a long way off if we're making the whole group from '64 or decide to make John(s) in chronological order.

You can be a fan of the Beatles and not own ANY of their albums, if you hear them on the radio or watch them on TV.

Lennon was obviously a major part of the Beatles and if you're a fan of the Beatles its easy to be a fan of Lennon with no other attachment to him outside of that.

You can be a fan of the Beatles and not own ANY of their albums, if you hear them on the radio or watch them on TV.

I'm sorry, but that makes very little sense. Like saying I'm a fan of Man U, but living in Lincoln, Nebraska and I've only watched them on tv, but I can't name a player and I'm wearing an Arsenal jersey. :lol:banghead

So...how can you be a fan of John Lennon and NOT own any of his solo recording? :rolleyes: John pretty much publicly disowned the Beatles after their break-up. Yes, the group as a whole was a phenom--but John felt he was stifled creatively by the other four (George Martin was a Beatle for all intensive purposes).

Hmmmm.... Well do you like what you like or do you like what John liked. I try not to shape my opinion on what artist thought of their work. Heck, John thought neither he nor the others ever topped "Whole Lotta Shakin"... because he believed that, does that make it true?

While I agree with both you and prog (you don't have to own the stuff to be a fan.. but owning the stuff makes your knowledge of the subject deeper) most Lennon fans have never heard Walls and Bridges or Rock and Roll or Mind Games... The extent of most people knowledge of post-Beatles Lennon extends to two songs: Imagine and Happy Xmas (War Is Over, If You Want It)... Maybe a few older people know Woman or (Just Like) Starting Over, but the fact is most people who love Lennon are most familiar with his Beatles catalogue.

Remember, this is from a guy whose favorite Lennon songs are "Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)" and "Out The Blue".

I'm sorry, but that makes very little sense. Like saying I'm a fan of Man U, but living in Lincoln, Nebraska and I've only watched them on tv, but I can't name a player and I'm wearing an Arsenal jersey. :lol:banghead

You're over-reaching to prove a point there me thinks.

Not quite. As a matter of fact, I'm a fan of the Chicago Cubs, but I've never been to a game in Chicago AND I often wear Colorado Rockies hats. They aren't mutually exclusive things.

Now, the naming a player thing I agree in theory, but if I can't name a current Cubs player (I can BTW) yet I can name their lineup from 1986 then I can say I'm a fan.

The extent of most people knowledge of post-Beatles Lennon extends to two songs: Imagine and Happy Xmas (War Is Over, If You Want It)... Maybe a few older people know Woman or (Just Like) Starting Over, but the fact is most people who love Lennon are most familiar with his Beatles catalogue.

My point is that lack of post-Beatle knowledge of Lennon makes you a pretty lame John Lennon FAN. He was more than a Beatle--and if you're not familiar with the things outside of music (and the Beatles) that he did, well, I don't think you can truly call yourself a Fan of John Lennon. You may like his pretty music on the oldies station, but you're not getting him as an artist. And John himself would have probably been prouder about his contributions to society as a whole, as a opposed to say, whether or not Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was really about LSD.

My point is that lack of post-Beatle knowledge of Lennon makes you a pretty lame John Lennon FAN. He was more than a Beatle--and if you're not familiar with the things outside of music (and the Beatles) that he did, well, I don't think you can truly call yourself a Fan of John Lennon. You may like his pretty music on the oldies station, but you're not getting him as an artist. And John himself would have probably been prouder about his contributions to society as a whole, as a opposed to say, whether or not Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was really about LSD.

I don't know. To me that kinda like saying you're a lame Star Wars fan if you don't accept George Lucas' final Special Edition versions of the Original Trilogy because you're not accepting all he wants his films to be.

Or similarly, if you don't share Roger Waters' socio-political views of the world you can't possibly be a fan of The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon.

What people get from Lennon's music is up to them and if they consider themselves fans, great.

This is really good news 1964 john lennon is what I was hopeing for.:D

Those guitars in the pics are too big I met the guy who makes those a few years back I own 2 of them.Also the rickenbackers he makes are in full scale and john only played the short scale rickenbackers.

Billy

Back