1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In hand the puffy eyelids and deeply set eyes really stand out on this. With Joker you can waive it away because of the distraction of the makeup but if Gandalf and Aragorn end up looking like this they will be DOA in my opinion.

From photos it's all I can notice aside from other things.

I actually think the eyes on The Batman don't look great either, it's more apparent on the Bruce Wayne version. I don't know how to describe it other than the eyelids look 2D/flat. It feels like they're not wrapping around an eyeball and therefore don't really have an eye shape. Is this the case in hand?

It's my biggest concern for Gandalf, Batman and Aragorn, because everything else on them look great.

I'm hoping all the kinks get ironed out from this release.

Did some futzing with the Jail Cell body/outfit/head yesterday. Used a small paintbrush, toothbrush and some water to adjust the hair around. Water treated and re-dressed the outfit a bit as well. Flat head tweezers are a lifesaver here, especially when adjusting the collar and the tie.

Something that helps for this version is to crunch the upper body a bit more forward, tilt the chin down and have the eyes look upwards. Used the prototype image as reference since that's what they did in those photos. It helps reduce the slightly big head look. Having the arms/elbows posed outwards a bit helps as well and to not have them so squished together.

Need to adjust the purple coat version a bit more with the shirt collar, tie and hair but pretty happy with it overall. I have both of them sitting on my desk and have been constantly looking at it throughout the day. No issues with it so far, the eyes don't bother me that much as well.

Waiting on my custom cowl order from OT to arrive so that I can have this displayed with the DX19. The stock figure isn't good enough to display with this. :lol

52794615020_7ead3c3bdc_k_d.jpg

52794223566_e1117aa329_k_d.jpg

52794223676_a9fe4db894_k_d.jpg

Last edited:

I actually think the eyes on The Batman don't look great either, it's more apparent on the Bruce Wayne version. I don't know how to describe it other than the eyelids look 2D/flat. It feels like they're not wrapping around an eyeball and therefore don't really have an eye shape. Is this the case in hand?

It's my biggest concern for Gandalf, Batman and Aragorn, because everything else on them look great.

Idk, Hot Toys made their 1:6 eyes 5mm which is just over the max threshold for the side of a human eye. In my own eyelid sculpts I think those 5mm eyes look too flat when behind a properly sized eyelid.

With my custom 4mm eyes, which are correct for the average human eye size, they have way more curvature from front to back with the same eyelid opening size. The eyelids can wrap back more towards the corners. It’s subtle but I think it makes a big difference. If the InArt Eyes are 5mm then that could be causing it, but it’s still possible to have them sit more flush than they do.

The first image is 5mm eyes and the second two are 4mm.
IMG_5022.jpeg

DSC_0865.jpeg

DSC_0875 2.jpeg

I got mine in and found time to more or less set it up and inspect everything. Took some iPhone pics but hope to do a photo shoot later on.

Overall I’m a fan. The only thing I really have an issue with in hand is the head size and the eye fitment isn’t great. The magnetic base works great so far.

I might do Rory’s mod to add a little height. He is a bit short IMO.
View attachment 631821View attachment 631822View attachment 631823View attachment 631820View attachment 631819
Is the dark night dx19? Which custom cape is that? Looking good!

Yeah that's it exactly. The eyelids don't wrap around the eyeball well enough, which is what is giving it that ventriloquist dummy look. HT seems to have gotten a lot better at that recently, but Inart is still doing it like the old Nicholson Joker PERS.

Really hoping they improve their technique with the other figures.

Did some futzing with the Jail Cell body/outfit/head yesterday. Used a small paintbrush, toothbrush and some water to adjust the hair around. Water treated and re-dressed the outfit a bit as well. Flat head tweezers are a lifesaver here, especially when adjusting the collar and the tie.

Something that helps for this version is to crunch the upper body a bit more forward, tilt the chin down and have the eyes look upwards. Used the prototype image as reference since that's what they did in those photos. It helps reduce the slightly big head look. Having the arms/elbows posed outwards a bit helps as well and to not have them so squished together.

Need to adjust the purple coat version a bit more with the shirt collar, tie and hair but pretty happy with it overall. I have both of them sitting on my desk and have been constantly looking at it throughout the day. No issues with it so far, the eyes don't bother me that much as well.

Waiting on my custom cowl order from OT to arrive so that I can have this displayed with the DX19. The stock figure isn't good enough to display with this. :lol

52794615020_7ead3c3bdc_k_d.jpg

52794223566_e1117aa329_k_d.jpg

52794223676_a9fe4db894_k_d.jpg
That looks really good. This is what proper futzing looks like 👏🏻

I had about an hour with this…careful unboxing (by yourself 10 minutes). KGH shipped in a secondary box. The InArt box is huge and heavy, just a couple of non futzed static shots of jail and purple coat.

This will take several hours of proper set up. Zero issues with mine. All magnets working, the tailoring is beautiful, paint on heads and arms incredible, and in hand this feels worth the expense.

Attachments

• E0BE488A-55DE-4CFE-ABD1-87B98DBEBA3C.jpeg
    E0BE488A-55DE-4CFE-ABD1-87B98DBEBA3C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1C92759F-AB10-48A1-AC6E-DB1A62692D05.jpeg
    1C92759F-AB10-48A1-AC6E-DB1A62692D05.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • F6D46902-7888-4B6A-ABA9-2509BCAC0626.jpeg
    F6D46902-7888-4B6A-ABA9-2509BCAC0626.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 2C618B12-7DC5-44B1-A0C2-5FC880F6FE89.jpeg
    2C618B12-7DC5-44B1-A0C2-5FC880F6FE89.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • F4C063A9-EFAC-4A69-BF30-F8E51E957AB3.jpeg
    F4C063A9-EFAC-4A69-BF30-F8E51E957AB3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
In hand the puffy eyelids and deeply set eyes really stand out on this. With Joker you can waive it away because of the distraction of the makeup but if Gandalf and Aragorn end up looking like this they will be DOA in my opinion.
That's concerning that in-hand - when a figure is always purportedly so much better - the thick eyelids stand out to you. I had hoped that the reason moving eyes were making this comeback was because past drawbacks (albeit with Hot Toys examples) had been fixed but this simply may not be the case. Prototypes might look fine but I fear that ultimately the figures we get in hand will have the same jumbo eyelids and deepset eyes they always did.

That's concerning that in-hand - when a figure is always purportedly so much better - the thick eyelids stand out to you. I had hoped that the reason moving eyes were making this comeback was because past drawbacks (albeit with Hot Toys examples) had been fixed but this simply may not be the case. Prototypes might look fine but I fear that ultimately the figures we get in hand will have the same jumbo eyelids and deepset eyes they always did.
I think the new Luke Skywalker looks great in hand and good in photos, I don’t have Ahsoka yet but she looks good too, so there is hope, but this Joker is not the turning point for realism on mass produced moving eyes. I wouldn’t say theres any improvement over the DX11 when comparing the eyes.

I think the new Luke Skywalker looks great in hand and good in photos, I don’t have Ahsoka yet but she looks good too, so there is hope, but this Joker is not the turning point for realism on mass produced moving eyes. I wouldn’t say theres any improvement over the DX11 when comparing the eyes.
Have you considered switching out the eyes for your 4mm ones?

Have you considered switching out the eyes for your 4mm ones?
It wont work, the difference is in the eyelid sculpt as much as the eyes, so unfortunately they would be even more gappy. My 4mm eyelid sculpt is a scaled down version of the original design I made for 1:4/6mm eyes. The 5mm version is that same sculpt, scaled down, with larger spherical sockets for the the 5mm eyeballs, and the curve of the eyelids is softened to follow the larger eyes. If I put 4mm eyes in 5mm sockets not only would the eyes not stay in but if you rigged them to stay in then only the very front of the eye would touch the eyelid.

It may be possible to make slightly large ones for Joker that fill in the corners better, but it wont fix the depth/thickness of the eyelids. Fitment could also vary quite a bit between sculpts. When I assemble my sets I test each eye with multiple eyelid sets to make sure they are matched up with ones that fit best. At this scale even .01mm variations can cause big differences in how they fit.

Has nobody tried that thing on the YouTube video from Asia (it was subtitled, I didn't see who posted it) where he used a ball dremel bit and carefully shaved out the inside of the Joker eyelids and apparently it made a huge difference.

I want to try it but don't have the correct bit (yet)

The video was posted in this thread somewhere a way back.

Has nobody tried that thing on the YouTube video from Asia (it was subtitled, I didn't see who posted it) where he used a ball dremel bit and carefully shaved out the inside of the Joker eyelids and apparently it made a huge difference.

I want to try it but don't have the correct bit (yet)

The video was posted in this thread somewhere a way back.
Who the heck is going to drill into the $1000 jokors eyelids 😂

My joker from KGHobby is spending the Easter weekend in the London North West Depot courtesy of Parcelforce. And that is after paying a £42 customs charge yesterday on the assumption it would be delivered today. But it's the joker : it's never straightforward. 😊

Back