1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just wondering how much this dlx packaging costs them.

The rooted is referred to as ‘a 1K figure’ often (yes, you had to spend 1k to get it) but, along with the two figure and diorama set, the packaging is considerably more involved/high-end/excessive than any other 1/6 company. Not that many would opt for lovely packaging over saving a few bucks but we’re getting the thick, unique shaped, giant art box, dense foam inserts, branded velcro straps, a proper instruction booklet and that other stuff in the envelope, textured plastic wraps for every item, the head jars…
Compared to the average flimsy, plastic tray in a flimsy cardboard box, InArt must be spending at least double the norm on packaging.

Other than the size, which we likely all agree is too big, is there packaging approach appreciated or would folk rather they simplify and standardise?

Other than the size, which we likely all agree is too big, is there packaging approach appreciated or would folk rather they simplify and standardise?

They have to go all in now with this shape of packaging. Every deluxe/premium release should be this size and shape so that I can pull them from a cabinet like an oversized encyclopedia Britannica as if I were about to tell a long forgotten tale to my grandchildren.

The rooted is referred to as ‘a 1K figure’ often (yes, you had to spend 1k to get it) but, along with the two figure and diorama set, the packaging is considerably more involved/high-end/excessive than any other 1/6 company. Not that many would opt for lovely packaging over saving a few bucks but we’re getting the thick, unique shaped, giant art box, dense foam inserts, branded velcro straps, a proper instruction booklet and that other stuff in the envelope, textured plastic wraps for every item, the head jars…
Compared to the average flimsy, plastic tray in a flimsy cardboard box, InArt must be spending at least double the norm on packaging.

I like how high quality the presentation and packaging feels. After all, as you said, we are paying a lot of money for it.

But on the other hand, it is too big for storage/shipping and something most of us won't care for after we display the figure. That said, would people rather they went the Hot Toys route and just throw the figure into a brown cardboard box?
OSmR8Jz.jpg

There's a certain expectation you have when you pay a **** load of money here. You wouldn't expect some high quality bag/phone/watch/shoe company to ship their product to you in a bubble wrapped brown box from China. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind but it does set a certain tone for the company that is shipping these expensive collectibles that way. It's a way of them showing you that your money is going towards EVERYTHING when it comes to the figure, down to the packaging.

Inart should find a good middle ground for this going forward. Make the box smaller while also having the unboxing experience feel high quality. They went a bit overboard with this but I get why they did, seeing as it's their first figure into the market.

Last edited:
I wanted to adjust the height and overall position of the head more than the existing magnetic neck connector would allow. I felt like the built in "hunch" made the head appear too low and squat in most poses, and really limited articulation because the base plug didn't have enough grip to fight the effect of all the clothing pushing it forward. A traditional plug has more grip, and is easy enough to adjust the height of (by packing material on top the rubber plunger forcing it to sit further out of the socket).

I didn't want to remove the existing magnetic joint though, since I didn't want to risk damaging the neck/head, and I might want to go back to magnetic at some point.

So I took a regular base of the neck plug connector and dremel/sanded down the widest part of the plug so that it friction fits right inside the smaller existing neck opening. Now I can easily swap that plug back and forth and the figure is still pristine.

IMG_8037.JPG

IMG_8036.JPG

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

I like how high quality the presentation and packaging feels. After all, as you said, we are paying a lot of money for it.

But on the other hand, it is too big for storage/shipping and something most of us won't care for after we display the figure. That said, would people rather they went the Hot Toys route and just throw the figure into a brown cardboard box?
OSmR8Jz.jpg

There's a certain expectation you have when you pay a **** load of money here. You wouldn't expect some high quality bag/phone/watch/shoe company to ship their product to you in a bubble wrapped brown box from China. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind but it does set a certain tone for the company that is shipping these expensive collectibles that way. It's a way of them showing you that your money is going towards EVERYTHING when it comes to the figure, down to the packaging.

Inart should find a good middle ground for this going forward. Make the box smaller while also having the unboxing experience feel high quality. They went a bit overboard with this but I get why they did, seeing as it's their first figure into the market.
I would not mind the hot toys way if it saved me $200 but hopefully they will find a middle point like you said and make it more reasonable but keep the premium feel. I cant even imagine how big the limited edition joaquin phoenix joker box is going to be

I wanted to adjust the height and overall position of the head more than the existing magnetic neck connector would allow. I felt like the built in "hunch" made the head appear too low and squat in most poses, and really limited articulation because the base plug didn't have enough grip to fight the effect of all the clothing pushing it forward. A traditional plug has more grip, and is easy enough to adjust the height of (by packing material on top the rubber plunger forcing it to sit further out of the socket).

I didn't want to remove the existing magnetic joint though, since I didn't want to risk damaging the neck/head, and I might want to go back to magnetic at some point.

So I took a regular base of the neck plug connector and dremel/sanded down the widest part of the plug so that it friction fits right inside the smaller existing neck opening. Now I can easily swap that plug back and forth and the figure is still pristine.

View attachment 631780

View attachment 631781

View attachment 631783

View attachment 631784
Im seeing people making the head sit lower but you are the first person I saw that is trying to make it sit higher. I think it still looks great and its a cool experiment to see but for me personally it seems like more work for something that is not really an upgrade

Im seeing people making the head sit lower but you are the first person I saw that is trying to make it sit higher. I think it still looks great and its a cool experiment to see but for me personally it seems like more work for something that is not really an upgrade
It does make a stronger connection, and that helps give more articulation. My problem wasn't the hunch, but the force of the layers of fabric (with the jacket and coat) pushing the head forward allowed for no real range of motion. You could push the head back or side to side, but because of the weak joint, all the clothing just pushed it center and forward again. I didn't like that. This allows me to tilt and hunch more or less depending on pose. I like having the options.

As for the hunch, it's really built into the figure. Shortening the neck just looks unnatural to me. Hunching is just pushing your head forward and pulling your shoulders up, which the figure is already designed for. It's not really a matter of having a shorter neck, more about pushing it out and forward. Shortening the neck more, at this scale, just makes all the collars bunch up, but doesn't really look more "hunched", just squished. But that's just my own preference, and depends a LOT on the pose and how the figure is dressed and futzed.

Last edited:

I appreciate non-standardized packaging… but it shouldn’t add this much to the cost and shipping should be thought of (all hail Kit though).

I believe this Joker will be remembered as the most over-engineered non-custom fig for a while. I’m hoping for next releases they go a little less crazy on some stuff (metallic everything for example - maybe a mix of metal and plastic stuff is better?), which would also help lower cost.

If they decide to keep going this crazy, I also hope they learn some stuff. For example: don’t use the same body from a 2 layer clothed fig as you use for a coated fig. Not cool to cheap out on there for this kinds of money. That’s my main gripe with this fig - and I don’t consider it major, just a little something they missed.

I’m looking forward to Joaquin Phoenix’s fig, that‘s for sure going to be something really crazy - just hope it’s the huge-box kind of crazy…

OSmR8Jz.jpg

Depends wether you're a collector who cares about the package as a whole and some couldn't care less,I didn't buy the new 1/4 scale batman but it wouldn't have worried me about an art box I only want my money going towards the quality of the figure,as long as the figure is well protected personally that's all that matters to me and that goes with any expensive figure or statue,for me the box just sits away from sight until maybe I sell it.

I got mine in and found time to more or less set it up and inspect everything. Took some iPhone pics but hope to do a photo shoot later on.

Overall I’m a fan. The only thing I really have an issue with in hand is the head size and the eye fitment isn’t great. The magnetic base works great so far.

I might do Rory’s mod to add a little height. He is a bit short IMO.
1EDC12F6-491A-4790-83F6-09225B3D6C79.jpeg
4D49D52A-4261-467B-B523-3F13A2A458AF.jpeg
E164B08D-5024-4385-84B8-4B0F26E795F9.jpeg
IMG_6179.jpeg
IMG_6191.jpeg

Mostly those that do not have their figure yet. I see a lot of envying and impatient comments under Joker pics at FB :)
This 100% - got my premium set in and most pictures really don’t do this figure justice - even the “bobble head” jail Joker head doesn’t look that big in person - as far as the packaging goes - is it unnecessary? Sure, but I have to admit that while opening it up it really did feel special and made for an “experience” while unboxing - Thanks for the super fast shipping @Kit Chen

In hand the puffy eyelids and deeply set eyes really stand out on this. With Joker you can waive it away because of the distraction of the makeup but if Gandalf and Aragorn end up looking like this they will be DOA in my opinion.

Back