1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if...IF by some miracle QS got a hold of the POTC license, I hope they don’t kick off the line with their version Of jack sparrow.

As I said in my DX 15 review, WE NEED A BARBOSSA. get him out first whilst teasing jack.

I adore my DX15, but it can definitely be improved upon. But release barbossa first and let that be an incentive to get jack.

My True Grails as defined by accuracy, durability and maximum poseabilty -- none of these have ever been rendered perfectly in sixth scale -- 80% at best:
  • Batman '89
  • Returns Bat
  • Returns Catwoman
  • Conan the Barbarian (1982)
  • Luke Skywalker - Farmboy
  • Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder
  • Spider-Man - (Classic)
  • Bruce Lee - Enter The Dragon
  • Bruce Lee - Game of Death
  • Bruce Lee - Way of the Dragon
  • Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark
I wouldn't need them all, just one rendition of each of these seven characters would suffice. Chances of QS or anyone else doing these ... slim to none.

Last edited:
They will move at the same time and the mechanism will be accessed by the back of the head, pretty much like the old HT DX releases.
Hmmmm..first negative for me. The P.E.R.S system sucked so they moved to single eye like Enterbay on the later DX releases. Granted, it is not like one will constantly be using it and risk messing it up, but still. I see no need for a mechanism.

if...IF by some miracle QS got a hold of the POTC license, I hope they don’t kick off the line with their version Of jack sparrow.

As I said in my DX 15 review, WE NEED A BARBOSSA. get him out first whilst teasing jack.

I adore my DX15, but it can definitely be improved upon. But release barbossa first and let that be an incentive to get jack.
They would need to release Jack first in order to turn a profit and justify moving on to characters like Barbossa, as much as I love him Jack would sell way more and let's be honest it would make no sense to release anyone but Jack first, they can even do a Curse of The Black Pearl version since that hasn't been done.

I still think the DX06 is overall better than DX15, the sculpt and hair on that one weren't as good as the former, I also prefer the steering wheel base that one came with. but it's probably just me.

My grail QS wishlist for the 20th century property (let me know if this already on the polls since i haven't join the group yet):

1. Superman The Movie (double pack Superman & Clark Kent with crystal base)
2. Raiders of The Lost Ark - Indiana Jones
2. Blade Runner - Rick Deckard & Spinner (& Roy Batty & Rachael)
3. Alien - Ripley and Big Chap
4. Robocop (complete with Murphy Head and right color armor)
5. Bram Stoker's Dracula (Red armor with root hair)
6. Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness (Ash battle damage/ Ash with Medieval Armor/ Shop Smart Ash)
7. Predator and Dutch
8. Back to the Future I - 1985 Marty McFly and Doc Brown and Mark I (with Mark II-III accessories?)

My grail QS wishlist for the 20th century property (let me know if this already on the polls since i haven't join the group yet):

1. Superman The Movie (double pack Superman & Clark Kent with crystal base)
2. Raiders of The Lost Ark - Indiana Jones
2. Blade Runner - Rick Deckard & Spinner (& Roy Batty & Rachael)
3. Alien - Ripley and Big Chap
4. Robocop (complete with Murphy Head and right color armor)
5. Bram Stoker's Dracula (Red armor with root hair)
6. Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness (Ash battle damage/ Ash with Medieval Armor/ Shop Smart Ash)
7. Predator and Dutch
8. Back to the Future I - 1985 Marty McFly and Doc Brown and Mark I (with Mark II-III accessories?)
Yeah, someone needs to do a good Marty and Indiana Jones. Hot Toys has failed miserably on both in my opinion. Won't even consider Sideshow as a possibility for Indy.

They wouldnt even have to do rooted hair for those. The way the regular Ledger Joker looks with the sculpted hair, is amazing.

I honestly had no idea this (Ledger) was coming, nor my disinterest in the MCU. But after IW, its all be such a letdown... it definitely hurt my interest in Vulture over time and I see now it was the reason I just couldn't pull the trigger earlier. I was all-in on the Black Order too, but Proxima killed that energy for me. It happens with these figures all the time... certainly the long wait times doesn't help, giving you way too much time to think. If this Ledger wasn't a 3-day window, who knows how fleeting my Ledger love would be.

I will have to live vicariously enjoying your Vulture now... I enjoy looking at it, through your window, at night, while you sleep. Mmmmm... good times.
Ledger was a 3-day window? I wasn't aware of that. Last night I saw that OSK's price for your deluxe was $1,096; was it a bit less when you ordered? I thought you were already "rounding down" to make yourself feel better. :lol

My enthusiasm for the MCU hasn't waned completely, but I definitely haven't gone all-in on any of the recent shows. For example I ordered Sylvie but no new Lokis, and IF we ever get some Hawkeye figures I may just get Kate Bishop. I did buy the Corvus Glaive/Raven Blade figure last week, as it was $175 new with free shipping (discounted because the box had a dinged corner). All the other listings have been $225 and above before shipping so I figured what the hell lol.

As for my Vulture, it sounds like I need to get myself a big, vicious watch dog lol...

:duff

It's a fine club to belong to.

We all know our true limits now. No more nonsense about "Oh I would never spend $400 for a figure... or $500.... or $600... or $700... or $800... " Now we have all bought ourselves some time before we're "priced out" of the hobby as they say.
Well you just spent as much or more on your deluxe 12" Jokers than I spent on my Hulkbuster or Jazzinc BvS Justice Mobile (before adding the JL kit), so it's still quite the eye opener for a couple of "standard" size 1/6 figures. What was the price for the single, non-rooted hair figure?

I would hope things get back to some sort of normalcy in the supply chain by December... but with Russia right now you just don't know how far this will go.

That said, I'm sure all the stores with built-in shipping costs are covering their ass price-wise just in case. I wonder if shipping really does dip back down by end of year if they would consider a small discount or price adjustment? That's silly thinking, right?
Very silly indeed. :lol

Despite not owning any DC characters at all I’ve just committed to dropping close to €1k on this set. FOMO in action! I’m definitely taking a less is more and quality over quantity approach to my collection these days and I’ll fund this by selling a few Star Wars figures that I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by, starting with Lando and the Tusken Raider!

No worries, I think I totally misread the intent behind your post. My bad. And thanks for this post.

I did look up a few polls -- fast google -- and my beloved Gruber made all of them in the Top 10... but I have no idea how old or who did those. Maybe crotchety old men. I would hope Die Hard and Gruber still resonate for the 30 and under crowd. I always hate to see great movies fade with time. But it happens... to us all.

That's one of the reasons I'm so excited about Ledger's Joker, and the fact he's still so exciting and cool to people of all ages... especially when they keep offering up new Jokers.
I don't know how Die Hard wouldn't resonate for today's 30 and unders. It's still just too good. I would love to be able to see it for the first time again. You can't beat a tense actioner - and the tension is maybe the one thing you do lose after the first viewing once you know what happens and who lives and who dies.

Die Hard, Speed, The Rock and Executive Decision all come to mind as action films that were real edge of the seat movies on first viewing.

We will cut off Rooted hair version 15 hour from now

They said both sculpted hair version can carry on until further notice

Rumors QS already started production <- Just rumors..
Makes sense seeing how they said they've been working on these figures for the past 2 years researching into R&D before announcing anything. Also explains why they're aiming to release Q4 of this year. Wouldn't be surprised if they already started production before announcing these figures for PO.

We'll still probably get a delay or two though, which is fine.

Makes sense seeing how they said they've been working on these figures for the past 2 years researching into R&D before announcing anything. Also explains why they're aiming to release Q4 of this year. Wouldn't be surprised if they already started production before announcing these figures for PO.

We'll still probably get a delay or two though, which is fine.
I will pray for a delay…

international shipping in Q4 is a nightmare, if they can’t advance to Q3 then it’s better for Q1 2023

I will pray for a delay…

international shipping in Q4 is a nightmare, if they can’t advance to Q3 then it’s better for Q1 2023
They have a huge ammount to produce so there probably will be a delay, the pandemic is still causing a lot of complications too.

They would need to release Jack first in order to turn a profit and justify moving on to characters like Barbossa, as much as I love him Jack would sell way more and let's be honest it would make no sense to release anyone but Jack first, they can even do a Curse of The Black Pearl version since that hasn't been done.

I still think the DX06 is overall better than DX15, the sculpt and hair on that one weren't as good as the former, I also prefer the steering wheel base that one came with. but it's probably just me.

I do see your point, but I still think the best strategy would be to release barbossa first. You already have thousands of collectors that own a jack or two who have been clamoring for the iconic counterpart.

The incentive or “bait” if you will to get those existing owners of jack to purchase ANOTHER jack would be to make barbossa effin amazing. Quality that can match their joker, with rooted hair, life like paint apps. Let them think “holy f*** knuckles...if their barbossa looks like this...imagine what their jack would look like?”

That’s how I would approach this. That is how I think QS can separate themselves from HT. Gain the favor of those pre existing collectors. Fulfill those desires first, then build on it with their version of jack sparrow to compliment the one and only barbossa on the market.

Back