1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just going through my last Hot Toys that I'm thinking of selling. Really debating about Jack Sparrow DX15, that figure encapsulates what I suppose Hot Toys were trying to achieve but didn't meet all the time. Just can't bring myself to quite part with it yet.

And for some reason my affinity for the Arkham Asylum Joker, will never get rid off it, sentimental value of a really great time in my life I suppose and that it's actually a really stellar portrait in a simple figure.

The problem with PERS is that there's usually a very obvious gap between the sculpts eyelids and the eyeballs themselves.

It's great for what it does but it definitely brings down the likeness compared to a sculpt that doesn't have to deal with it.

The dx 11 is still listed for big bucks on eBay. Makes more sense to get the single sculpted hair one instead of springing for those old and over priced figures. I might just preorder one of these since i am so happy hot toys finally have competition.

I wonder is hot toys will recast this joker's head to use for their next Joker.
Collectors are known to be delusional. I see turds listed for thousand of dollars for the simple fact theyre "custom"

Even if this was true it clearly can do any pose you expect for joker
This is one of my biggest issues with truetype bodies, sure some figures can raise their arms straight up, but with sloped down shoulders it looks pretty goofy. Limited articulation makes complete sense to me. For Joker he really doesnt need crazy articulation.

PERS is also bad if the parallel connector breaks, which I think is why Hot Toys stopped producing PERS figures and/or went with individual rolling eyes.

That Nicholson Joker is still one of Hot Toys best and one of the best figures ever in 1/6th.
better.png

What I’m personally looking forward to is the Snyderverse Trinity. HT Batfleck was good for the time, but I think QS has what it takes to make it better. Cavill Supes...without a doubt in my mind QS will crush it. HT never got him right to begin with and kept recycling the 2nd HS. Wonder Gadot...once again, I’m sure QS will crush it.

Can’t wait.
100 percent agree. Hot toys bvs and jl supermans always looked TERRIBLE to me. I mean in every way. Objectively its not even half way acurate to the screen

Theyre wonder womans might be even worse. I held off for too long and I need queen to do her justice in 1/6 (bvs or jl look).

Hot toys dc offering is often insulting and im glad the ***** are finally being schooled.

100 percent agree. Hot toys bvs and jl supermans always looked TERRIBLE to me. I mean in every way. Objectively its not even half way acurate to the screen

Theyre wonder womans might be even worse. I held off for too long and I need queen to do her justice in 1/6 (bvs or jl look).

Hot toys dc offering is often insulting and im glad the ***** are finally being schooled.
What? You didn't like Hot Toys JL Wonder Woman? :lol

0Mk0HqZ.png

Guaranteed. I'm barely in the hobby anymore myself. Sure there are dedicated lifers, but I do think people age out of it or wind up in 'stasis' due to changing interests, different priorities and ... lack of product targeted at them. It becomes a feedback loop:
  • Older collectors buy less because there isn't a lot of product to interest them.
  • Companies don't cater to older collectors because they buy less.
I loved the gothic atmosphere and art direction of Burton Bats, but they're not great films ... now we have The Batman which gives us loads of noir (albeit not gothic) atmosphere and better cinema ... as much as I'd love to see the Burton world done right in 1/6th, it feels like that time has passed.

A NuKeaton from what will likely be a hacked together Flash movie is unlikely to interest me any more than aging hipster Neo from Matrix: Retread.
Both 89 & 92 are better films in general then the batman imo

I really don't like the use of magnets for the hands/arms, I get the advantages, but I'd rather not have the hands/arms falling out if I accidentally bend them too far when posing it, or have to replace them if they're defective. And I don't like the idea that if I accidentally shake the figure too hard something might just fly off.

So much confusion going around regard the bodies, I'm sure they have the standard articulation of a 1/6 figure but with magnets at the wrists and neck connector, either way Queen should consider releasing some pictures of the figure in more poses other than just sitting and standing.

Regarding Phoneix's Joker, John said the license holders only approve premium collectibles, I guess that explains why there hasn't been any official figures and only a bunch of statues, needless to say a 1/6 Joaquin Joker would probably be exclusively rooted and cost the same as the Ledger double pack.

The Batman Returns license is hard to get like John said, and not as popular as TDK or Batfleck in China, still I don't see why some third party like SooSoo hasn't attempted a Pfeiffer Catwoman yet, Penguin would be hard since he would need a custom body but could be worth it.

So, being excited. Went through YouTube to searching for creators talking about this.
Came to a creator named Danoby. Ummm, wow.

Back