1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same! Really looking forward to what they come up with for the BvS Trinity. The good thing about a different company taking a shot at them, is they can hopefully improve upon what was done before.
Doesnt take much to do in this case lol

I don't see why some third party like SooSoo hasn't attempted a Pfeiffer Catwoman yet, Penguin would be hard since he would need a custom body but could be worth it.
Technically Supermad Toys did regular and battle-damaged. The body was junk and the likeness poor, but I used the suit (which was actually decent) for my custom ... ACI(?) or similar did one as well, but it was pretty bad.

So, like me, it seems most people here PO'd from Kit.

Curious if anyone ordered elsewhere? Toyswonderland? I see GianToy is offering now as well.
Giantoy is also great and Amelia is a sweetheart, imo OSK and them are the best places to order from, I have a preference for Kit tho.

DX15 for me is pinnacle of what Hot Toys can and should be doing, not to take away from them, their Iron Man engineering for example to be fair is pretty spectacular and paved the way for what can be done. I'll never take away from Hot Toys for what they created and sustained, but due to their lack of want or perhaps ability for growth, they're going to have to move over and accept what's going to overtake them.

They went the way of pop vinyls and chibis whilst other people have aimed higher for more realistic custom 1/6 at mass market level. Great for everyone in reality. I wonder if their existing licensing agreements is in the end what bogged them down. From the sounds of how hard it is to get old licenses and SW licences perhaps Hot Toys had to fulfill a massive quota of releases and were told what to do as well; I can't imagine or hope not, at least, that their lack of foresight was entirely down to them. JC Hong is an incredibly talented artist who's friends with other artists now leading in multiple forms other huge companies/projects; Id wonder that there's more to it.

But, the collecting game is getting interesting again! For the first time ever I'm more interested in 1/3 statues than 1/6, I now own a couple of customs I never though I'd delve into, and now 1/6 is leaking into both those fields, getting exciting again!

DX15 for me is pinnacle of what Hot Toys can and should be doing, not to take away from them, their Iron Man engineering for example to be fair is pretty spectacular and paved the way for what can be done.
I owned a bunch of their excellent IM armours but there was plenty of room for improvement there as well. Lack of competition made them lazy.

Technically Supermad Toys did regular and battle-damaged. The body was junk and the likeness poor, but I used the suit (which was actually decent) for my custom ... ACI(?) or similar did one as well, but it was pretty bad.
I mean an actual good attempt lol, there's been advancements in the industry and we have access to better materials now, I guess it's still a somewhat complicated outfit to pull off and will require proper R&D, third parties can put out amazing work that rivals that of licensed stuff but it's really up to the people making it and wether they're in it for the profit or for passion.

Agreed. Something else I’ve come to learn is that our brains seem finely tuned to how eyes are positioned. Think about it, you can sense/tell if someone is looking directly at you or just near you even from a pretty good distance.

“Neutral” painted eyes are actually only neutral to a specific focal point. Posable eyes allow you to make it look like a figure is looking off to the distance (closer to wall-eyed) or focusing on something up close (slightly cross-eyed). It’s really useful if you like to photograph your figures.
By making the eyes a separate piece it creates a weird gap between the eye and the eyelid. Makes the likeness fall significantly. This is known throughout the 1/6 hobby. I understand people can have a preference to make the eyes look everywhere. Optimally I would want that too, if it didn't hurt the likeness, which it does- its not an opinion. Just a trade off unfortunately.

100 percent agree. Hot toys bvs and jl supermans always looked TERRIBLE to me. I mean in every way. Objectively its not even half way acurate to the screen

Theyre wonder womans might be even worse. I held off for too long and I need queen to do her justice in 1/6 (bvs or jl look).

Hot toys dc offering is often insulting and im glad the ***** are finally being schooled.

That’s what I mean...like, how nice would it have been if we got that one official Superman figure where you don’t have to scour the Internet looking for alternative portraits? Oh and how awesome would it have been if the company behind the figure also provided AN EXTRA portrait due to the fact its Superman, one of the only superheroes that’s barebones to begin with...oh wait! The 4.0 version had it though!....annnnd the neutral head is the same from....5 years ago....but but it’s got the heat vision head though! PURCHASED REDEEMED!

Gtfo of here with that nonsense LOL.

By making the eyes a separate piece it creates a weird gap between the eye and the eyelid. Makes the likeness fall significantly. This is known throughout the 1/6 hobby. I understand people can have a preference to make the eyes look everywhere. Optimally I would want that too, if it didn't hurt the likeness, which it does- its not an opinion. Just a trade off unfortunately.
I think Hot Toys have perfected this issue with their new Ahsoka that just released, the gap is almost a non issue compared to their older DX releases, Queen is just getting started tho and in their Joker video you can see the gap is there, thankfully give the Joker has black makeup all around his eyes it will be less noticeable.

Worst PERS example I remember was Indiana Jones from 2011
That was 11 years ago.
I'd think they might have found a way to reduce gap and skin thickness with new material types.
From prototype images, I had to look very close to see if they are moveable eyes at all.

MMS 266 was peak HT for me. As great as DX15 was as per some, POC was a movie I could simply not watch even if you were to pay me real money. No attachment whatsoever to that world, so DX15 was meaningless to me.

BD Robo-Murphy was just a dream come true. It was a sad day when I had to sell it, but credit where it's due. I wish they would reissue it. I'd buy 2 sets.

I would be really disappointed if you and others were successful in such an endeavor. Strongly disagree that it takes away anything, in fact I think it makes figures all the more realistic.

How boring and lifeless these poses would become if the figure just had fixed eyes looking straight forward.

View attachment 568010
View attachment 568011
View attachment 568012
I never notice the eyes once I put the figure on display. Only people pushing for the ones who sit there playing with the figures. Hopefully they manage to not have a ugly patch at the back of the head for this pers garbage.

That looks terrible. Hopefully they have a solution to make that look presentable otherwise I can see them taking a lot of flack when people end up with that.

the rooted hair will cover any join. Same with the sculpted but slightly more noticeable.

it’s been done before and no big deal. Doubt many people will be displaying this facing the back of their shelves….

With PERS is was either the gap between eye and eyelid, and some times making the bottom eyelid protrude a little bit or the eyes being oversized. DX12 had all those problems. Mixed that with the fact that they didn't darken the black eye makeup around the eyes enough and we've had years of lol-filled pics. This is why a lot of people, myself among them, modified the sculpt. I darkened the eye make up and gave him a bit of a squint with some sculpy.
I dont think anything is as bad as that Indy though. It's enough to haunt your dreams.

_DSC3037 copy.jpg

IMGP9921.JPG

QS's 1/4 golden armor likeness isn't great either. HT's 1/6 golden armor actually has a better likeness.

Their 1/3 is also not great (though I'm guessing it's on purpose?). Their 1:1 is also just okay.

Just sayin'. We're getting caught up on the hype and forgetting QS isn't always perfect.

I really don't like the use of magnets for the hands/arms, I get the advantages, but I'd rather not have the hands/arms falling out if I accidentally bend them too far when posing it, or have to replace them if they're defective. And I don't like the idea that if I accidentally shake the figure too hard something might just fly off.
Magnets can be very strong. I cant tell you how many hot toy hands i had fall off tho. And how many pegs break. Just take a look at the tusken hot toy thread discussions. This is a HUGE and long over due improvement by qs

Back