1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as we're dreaming, either of the Keaton Bats with accurate costume construction for better articulation and posing.

Apparently they mentioned in one of the Q&As from last night, that figures from old movies like Returns were more tricky for them regarding the licensing or something like that.
Iā€™m sure if their products become a hit, that will change.

Apparently they mentioned in one of the Q&As from last night, that figures from old movies like Returns were more tricky for them regarding the licensing or something like that.
They've also said a couple of times before that Burton Batman is just not popular enough in China, which is the market they mainly cater to.

They've also said a couple of times before that Burton Batman is just not popular enough in China, which is the market they mainly cater to.
I think that's going to be the biggest limiting factor in terms of what they tackle. Especially coming off the initial success of this Joker figure, Queen Studios could very quickly end up only chasing billion dollar franchises because that's where the money is. They've shown a lot interest in doing a Stallone character (Rambo or Rocky) for instance, but I think once they saw sales for something like that being a drop in a bucket compared to their Joker, they could realize those older franchises who've been done many times before aren't really worth their time.

As long as we're dreaming, either of the Keaton Bats with accurate costume construction for better articulation and posing

It's doesn't go in a ton if detail showing everything, but I saw the sculpted hair head has a back panel missing similar to HT. They moved the eyes in the video on one of the haired sculpts but you couldn't see what was going on behind it. So I'm assuming a panel for that too.
There is a visible panel at the back of the head? That would be pretty dishonest of them not to show it and have people unpleasantly see it in hand.

This is probably true for the US as well. There was this poll taken by IGN recently, asking what everyone's favorite movie Batman actor was. It was ranked from Bale -> Pattingson -> Other -> Keaton

Of course this doesn't exactly represent the vast majority of the US but I think the majority of the demographic of young adults to those in their late 20s, view Bale and probably Affleck, more popular than Keaton now. I think if you start to ask this question to those in their 30s and above, you'll see it slightly shift more to Keaton but he still wouldn't be as popular.

It's probably why Hot Toys dropped Catwoman/Penguin and instead just milked the hell out of the Nolanverse and now will do the same for Pattinson.

6Pm2o2B.jpg

Last edited:
Iā€™m sure if their products become a hit, that will change.

Yup. John mentioned it on paradox nerd podcast that anything before the 2000s isnā€™t really well known.

But just like how HT started out, QS needs to grow their consumer base and WW brand recognition before they can start going backwards with certain IPs.

So fans of burton batman need to sit tight. Itā€™s just a matter of time.

What Iā€™m personally looking forward to is the Snyderverse Trinity. HT Batfleck was good for the time, but I think QS has what it takes to make it better. Cavill Supes...without a doubt in my mind QS will crush it. HT never got him right to begin with and kept recycling the 2nd HS. Wonder Gadot...once again, Iā€™m sure QS will crush it.

Canā€™t wait.

This is probably true for the US as well. There was this poll taken by IGN recently, asking what everyone's favorite movie Batman actor was. It was ranked from Bale -> Pattingson -> Other -> Keaton

Of course this doesn't exactly represent the vast majority of the US but I think the majority of the demographic of young adults to those in their late 20s, view Bale and probably Affleck, more popular than Keaton now. I think if you start to ask this question to those in their 30s and above, you'll see it slightly shift more to Keaton but he still wouldn't be as popular.

It's probably why Hot Toys dropped doing Catwoman/Penguin and instead just milked the hell out of the Nolanverse and now will do the same for Pattinson.

6Pm2o2B.jpg
This is because anyone over the age of 30 doesnā€™t vote for these stupid ass polls.

This is because anyone over the age of 30 doesnā€™t vote for these stupid ass polls.
All the more reason Burton Batman figures won't get made. :lol The people who are vocal about these things will say Bale/Affleck/Pattingson is more popular and that's what companies will gravitate towards to.

I think with every passing year we don't see Catwoman/Penguin, the chances of it actually happening gets lower and lower.

I think with every passing year we don't see Catwoman/Penguin, the chances of it actually happening gets lower and lower.
Guaranteed. I'm barely in the hobby anymore myself. Sure there are dedicated lifers, but I do think people age out of it or wind up in 'stasis' due to changing interests, different priorities and ... lack of product targeted at them. It becomes a feedback loop:
  • Older collectors buy less because there isn't a lot of product to interest them.
  • Companies don't cater to older collectors because they buy less.
I loved the gothic atmosphere and art direction of Burton Bats, but they're not great films ... now we have The Batman which gives us loads of noir (albeit not gothic) atmosphere and better cinema ... as much as I'd love to see the Burton world done right in 1/6th, it feels like that time has passed.

A NuKeaton from what will likely be a hacked together Flash movie is unlikely to interest me any more than aging hipster Neo from Matrix: Retread.

I think when you break down these 3 points the vaule is there.

1 - Super nice tailoring
2 - Rooted sculpts with movable eyes x 2
3 - the diorama is metal and wood.

So if you're talking customs you're looking at well over 2k.

Wait for hot toys to raise their prices again given this.šŸ˜‚

This thread has seen more action in a week than this entire DC forum has seen for all its thread in a year. :lol

Nice to see how many companies are out there from highest-of-end statue companies to new 1/6 companies are paying respect to DC characters. I guess this is also what happens when HT heavily align themselves with Marvel. We get the more interesting and pencil pushing pros out of it all! :D

I think when you break down these 3 points the vaule is there.

1 - Super nice tailoring
2 - Rooted sculpts with movable eyes x 2
3 - the diorama is metal and wood.

So if you're talking customs you're looking at well over 2k.

Wait for hot toys to raise their prices again given this.šŸ˜‚

theyā€™d have to raise their damned quality tooā€¦.

What Iā€™m personally looking forward to is the Snyderverse Trinity. HT Batfleck was good for the time, but I think QS has what it takes to make it better. Cavill Supes...without a doubt in my mind QS will crush it. HT never got him right to begin with and kept recycling the 2nd HS. Wonder Gadot...once again, Iā€™m sure QS will crush it.

Canā€™t wait.
Same! Really looking forward to what they come up with for the BvS Trinity. The good thing about a different company taking a shot at them, is they can hopefully improve upon what was done before.

Back