1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAH! Thank you @T800 and @Entropy -- I didn't even think of just taking the tiara from another figure. Was it hard or risky to do?
I just got the last head off the 'Bay for 150. Less than buying a custom & having it painted, and I don't have to buy the whole thing! (which is gorgeous don't get me wrong, I just want the classic look)
I am so happy.
Love this community ❤️

That looks surprisingly good.
I wonder if the knock-off sculpt would also work as well as that.
I'll feel silly if it does, but the recasts almost always distort the likeness -- although maybe 3d scanning has come a long way and the Jyn Erso KO is excellent.
You know KO promo pics are almost always just the HT, like it is their prototype I guess.
Here's the HT and a KO promo pic. dunno.

Attachments

• HT neck.jpg
    HT neck.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 17-54-26 s-l1600.jpg (JPEG Image 1440 × 1319 pixels).png
    Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 17-54-26 s-l1600.jpg (JPEG Image 1440 × 1319 pixels).png
    613 KB · Views: 0
YEAH! Thank you @T800 and @Entropy -- I didn't even think of just taking the tiara from another figure. Was it hard or risky to do?
I just got the last head off the 'Bay for 150. Less than buying a custom & having it painted, and I don't have to buy the whole thing! (which is gorgeous don't get me wrong, I just want the classic look)
I am so happy.
Love this community ❤️
So you got the last head... I was watching that listing. :lol

Either way, I finally went ahead and picked up this figure from Sideshow (with a hefty coupon). I'm not sure if I'll keep it (I don't want to double dip on WW when I have the JL figure), but I have been curious to see how this looks in person (and how the head looks on the JL figure). The movie lessened my interest in the suit, but it did look really nice in the promo shots, and it's definitely a different look we won't see again.

I am so happy.
Love this community ❤️

Glad you were able to nab a parted out head for a not way too terrible deal! They can go for high prices, may as well just buy the whole figure :lol Agreedddd!!!! This community is fantasiccc!!!!! 😃😃

So you got the last head... I was watching that listing. :lol

It happens 😂 😆

Either way, I finally went ahead and picked up this figure from Sideshow (with a hefty coupon). I'm not sure if I'll keep it (I don't want to double dip on WW when I have the JL figure), but I have been curious to see how this looks in person (and how the head looks on the JL figure). The movie lessened my interest in the suit, but it did look really nice in the promo shots, and it's definitely a different look we won't see again.

Awesome! Hope you'll be happy with this Golden WW!!! 😀 I know I've said this before, but no shame in having multiple versions of a character :monkey3 :lol

I am so happy.
Love this community ❤️

I used a small flat screwdriver to pry up one corner of the tiara edge. The tiara was then easily peeled from the JL head and lightly sanded on the back with a rotary tool to remove the alignment ridges on the back. It just friction fits on her forehead under the hair but you may want to stick it in place.

The head I first tried to remove the interior peg with needle nose pliers but the glue was too strong and the peg tore so I ended up using a grinding bit on my rotary tool to remove the rest so the head would sit lower on the JL body. A little scary but I took my time. I was most nervous about messing up her hair as I held the head to work on.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to get this figure before it's completely sold out everywhere but...I really didn't like the movie. I liked the first one though.
I like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman but I never bought a Hot Toys WW figure because of the crappy seamless body that doesn't allow any movement (I may as well buy a statue...at least the body won't deteriorate and it would barely be less articulated)

I find this version beautiful because the armor remind me of gold Saint Seiya armors, and it seems to be more articulated thanks to the body they used (with joints hidden by the armor)
Still...it's weird to buy a figure of a movie I don't like. So I can't decide if I pull the trigger or if I'm going to regret it.
There is also the fact that we don't know if Gal Gadot will be recast as Wonder Woman or if her movies are going to be "erased" by a reboot.

Technically movies can't be really "erased" but you know what I mean. If the future give us far better movies with another actress, Gal Gadot WW will become kind of a joke, like Val Kilmer or George Clooney Batman...

I'm tempted to get this figure before it's completely sold out everywhere but...I really didn't like the movie. I liked the first one though.
I like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman but I never bought a Hot Toys WW figure because of the crappy seamless body that doesn't allow any movement (I may as well buy a statue...at least the body won't deteriorate and it would barely be less articulated)

I find this version beautiful because the armor remind me of gold Saint Seiya armors, and it seems to be more articulated thanks to the body they used (with joints hidden by the armor)
Still...it's weird to buy a figure of a movie I don't like. So I can't decide if I pull the trigger or if I'm going to regret it.
There is also the fact that we don't know if Gal Gadot will be recast as Wonder Woman or if her movies are going to be "erased" by a reboot.

Technically movies can't be really "erased" but you know what I mean. If the future give us far better movies with another actress, Gal Gadot WW will become kind of a joke, like Val Kilmer or George Clooney Batman...
I hated the movie and adore this figure. It’s just so beautiful. That probably doesn’t help you sorry lol

2D7AEB8B-A8D6-4693-ABE3-80B5543035D8.jpeg

I have a bunch of figures from movies I don't love just because I like the figure. I make up stories in my own head like a 5 year old. This is a fantastic piece.

I don't really connect it with the film much for this figure. Mostly on how much shelf presence and look it has. Also, adding my led lasso helps with my love of this figure! Here's some pics to not help on your decision hehehe

View attachment 617641View attachment 617642View attachment 617643View attachment 617644View attachment 617646
Wow, it's beautiful. It really makes me think of Saint Seiya and the gold Saints

Yeah I guess I can pretend she is just a fantasy character...
I have another way to connect figures with other things than the movies they are from. I draw fake posters of movies that don't exist. Mostly fake "old" movies because it works better since old movies had painted posters.

[...] adore this figure. It’s just so beautiful. That probably doesn’t help you sorry lol

View attachment 617574

I don't really connect it with the film much for this figure. Mostly on how much shelf presence and look it has. Also, adding my led lasso helps with my love of this figure! Here's some pics to not help on your decision hehehe

View attachment 617641View attachment 617642View attachment 617643View attachment 617644View attachment 617646

Nice pics! :)

I have a bunch of figures from movies I don't love just because I like the figure.

Agreed. For instance, I have some of the Justice League figures, but haven't seen any of the films as in my head I see them as awesome realized, live-action depictions of the comics characters.

I make up stories in my own head like a 5 year old. This is a fantastic piece.

Much agreed! That's one of the fun things about having these figures, one can 'make believe' their own stories in their imagination! :D I like having my figures mixed, because, well I like to imagine them all meeting and fantasize how they would interact and go on adventures! :D

Wow, it's beautiful. It really makes me think of Saint Seiya and the gold Saints

Yeah I guess I can pretend she is just a fantasy character...
I have another way to connect figures with other things than the movies they are from. I draw fake posters of movies that don't exist. Mostly fake "old" movies because it works better since old movies had painted posters.

Yep!!! I instantly thought WW's Golden Armor as part of the fantasy realm (her traditional armor as well for that matter). Shooze, when I watched LOTR, during the siege of Minas Tirith, I couldn't help but imagine Golden Armored Wonder Woman swooping in and joining the battle! :D

Nice pics! :)

Agreed. For instance, I have some of the Justice League figures, but haven't seen any of the films as in my head I see them as awesome realized, live-action depictions of the comics characters.

Much agreed! That's one of the fun things about having these figures, one can 'make believe' their own stories in their imagination! :D I like having my figures mixed, because, well I like to imagine them all meeting and fantasize how they would interact and go on adventures! :D

Yep!!! I instantly thought WW's Golden Armor as part of the fantasy realm (her traditional armor as well for that matter). Shooze, when I watched LOTR, during the siege of Minas Tirith, I couldn't help but imagine Golden Armored Wonder Woman swooping in and joining the battle! :D
you.. you haven't seen any of the Justice League films?
and.. how many times have you seen Captain Marvel again?

you.. you haven't seen any of the Justice League films?
and.. how many times have you seen Captain Marvel again?
Some people actually liked Captain Marvel ?:p

I really don't like the character. I like strong female characters but not perfect arrogant characters with no flaws badly written just to serve some political ambitions.

The first WW movie is actually less obvious and better written. WW is feminist of course, and strong, but also has flaws (she is naive), and she isn't an arrogant unpleasant character rude to other people.

Some people actually liked Captain Marvel ?:p

I really don't like the character. I like strong female characters but not perfect arrogant characters with no flaws badly written just to serve some political ambitions.

The first WW movie is actually less obvious and better written. WW is feminist of course, and strong, but also has flaws (she is naive), and she isn't an arrogant unpleasant character rude to other people.
Hmmm.. I assume you don't really know Zurdo then? 😅

I understand what you're saying, as for me personally, I like it when we have variation on the characters. Some can be a bit arrogant and the other is naive.
It adds colors, and a good potential for conflict, story wise.

Hmmm.. I assume you don't really know Zurdo then? 😅

I understand what you're saying, as for me personally, I like it when we have variation on the characters. Some can be a bit arrogant and the other is naive.
It adds colors, and a good potential for conflict, story wise.
Yeah ok, but you have to balance this arrogance with something else. Like...the character realize during the story that she has been a ***** and learn from her mistakes.
But Brie Larsen's Captain Marvel is just a Mary Sue written to be the ambodiment of a weird childish conception of feminism (the "all women are perfect" conception of feminism)
I thought feminism was supposed to promote equal rights for women, weither they are perfect or not (because nobody is)

I don't like this one dimensional character that seam to have been written because of real life problems. I understand that we have to defend equal rights, and create strong female characters...but not like this, it's too blatantly obvious and it doesn't make the character likable.

Yeah ok, but you have to balance this arrogance with something else. Like...the character realize during the story that she has been a ***** and learn from her mistakes.
But Brie Larsen's Captain Marvel is just a Mary Sue written to be the ambodiment of a weird childish conception of feminism (the "all women are perfect" conception of feminism)
I thought feminism was supposed to promote equal rights for women, weither they are perfect or not (because nobody is)

I don't like this one dimensional character that seam to have been written because of real life problems. I understand that we have to defend equal rights, and create strong female characters...but not like this, it's too blatantly obvious and it doesn't make the character likable.
Ok you know what, Zurdo is going to track you, and find you.

He (or she?) got a very special set of skills!!

Ok you know what, Zurdo is going to track you, and find you.

He (or she?) got a very special set of skills!!
Hey, relax I'm not judging people who liked it:cry:

HELP !
But yeah...I don't like the movie. And the character. Even in Endgame, she just shows up like "yeah I'm the most badass and you are all losers, I'm gonna take care of Thanos"
Hum...who are you ?

Back