1/6 Hot Toys -TMS118 - Ahsoka series : Ahsoka the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enoch and troopers are the next obvious moves from Hot Toys. Anakin shouldn't be far behind either. Baylan, Shin, Huyang and Ezra are much longer shots. I could even see HK droïds offered before those.

Enoch and troopers are the next obvious moves from Hot Toys. Anakin shouldn't be far behind either. Baylan, Shin, Huyang and Ezra are much longer shots. I could even see HK droïds offered before those.
I'll grant you that Enoch is very likely but hopefully HT will give us actual characters like Baylan, Shin, Ezra and Huyang before they churn out the generic zombie troopers. I might pick up one or two down the road at a deep discount as complementary pieces, but there's no way I'd ever pre-order them. I suppose there's enough tooling reuse to still make it worth HT's while to make them but one would think they'd have been teased with the Ahsoka The White or Thrawn if they were next in the pipeline.

I'll grant you that Enoch is very likely but hopefully HT will give us actual characters like Baylan, Shin, Ezra and Huyang before they churn out the generic zombie troopers. I might pick up one or two down the road at a deep discount as complementary pieces, but there's no way I'd ever pre-order them. I suppose there's enough tooling reuse to still make it worth HT's while to make them but one would think they'd have been teased with the Ahsoka The White or Thrawn if they were next in the pipeline.

It is so hard to read Hot Toys strategy when it comes to releases. I have to admit i expected troopers to be offered before half the figures already gone up for PO. I'd love them to offer Baylan and Shin next (they work great as a duo even though i could settle for Baylan only) but i imagine that is a lot of new tooling to budget. Enoch and troopers would certainly help balance cost across the whole Ahsoka line.

Hope they wait till after Xmas. Got a metric ton of stuff on the way plus still catching up on PO’s for the other Ahsoka stuff! MERCY!!!!!

Last edited:
Hope they wait till after Xmas. Got a metric ton of stuff on the way plus still catching up on País for the other Ahsoka stuff! MERCY!!!!!
Understandable but then I have some rewards and probably two $20 Thank You promo codes coming at the end of this month so I'd be OK with at least one figure going up for pre-order while they're available. Plus we're only talking NRDs so not big money in the short term.

Dunno, she just never came across as skilled, minimal dialogue, the actress wasn't memorable.

Baylan on the other hand...
Minimal dialogue is great sometimes. Too much talking can ruin good character designs. From what ive seen so far shes played her part well as the sorta dark side apprentice.

Her and baylan together on a shelf would be really cool

Last edited:
Minimal dialogue is great sometimes. Too much talking can ruin good character designs. From what ive seen so far shes played her part well as the sorta dark side apprentice.

Her and baylan together on a shelf would be really cool
I’d amend that to ‘terribly written dialogue and braindead plot can invalidate good character design.’

Darth Maul didn’t need to say much in TPM but his monologuing in TCW didn’t diminish his cool factor because it was gave us relevant and interesting insight to his character and motivations- plus, the delivery was ace.

Bland delivery and boring or cliched dialogue is what will suck the life out of a cool looking character.

I’d amend that to ‘terribly written dialogue and braindead plot can invalidate good character design.’

Darth Maul didn’t need to say much in TPM but his monologuing in TCW didn’t diminish his cool factor because it was gave us relevant and interesting insight to his character and motivations- plus, the delivery was ace.

Bland delivery and boring or cliched dialogue is what will suck the life out of a cool looking character.
Valid points, but i stand by less talking can still make for a great character, sometimes actions speak louder. Not saying all dialogue is bad, but darth vader doesnt need to speak to be menacing, however when he does talk its cool.

In the disney owned universe of franchises its sorta like a breath of fresh air to have characters that dont yammer constantly lol.

Valid points, but i stand by less talking can still make for a great character, sometimes actions speak louder. Not saying all dialogue is bad, but darth vader doesnt need to speak to be menacing, however when he does talk its cool.

In the disney owned universe of franchises its sorta like a breath of fresh air to have characters that dont yammer constantly lol.
Agreed. The less Disney era dialogue I’m subjected to the better.

Good dialogue in Star War has never really been a thing. The OT certainly has its cringey moments, and the PT has some of the worst dialogue of the entire franchise. It’s pretty funny that some people suddenly care about having top notch dialogue for Ahsoka, when it wasn’t a complaint for the other shows/movies.

Not quite sure about ... that grumpy chick though.

giphy.gif

Sabine's love interest is a must.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

shin-sabine.gif

Shin Sabine.jpg

I also foresee Warg riders.

giphy.gif

Good dialogue in Star War has never really been a thing. The OT certainly has its cringey moments, and the PT has some of the worst dialogue of the entire franchise. It’s pretty funny that some people suddenly care about having top notch dialogue for Ahsoka, when it wasn’t a complaint for the other shows/movies.
Yeah, coz no one ever criticised the prequels…

Back