1/6 Hot Toys -TMS118 - Ahsoka series : Ahsoka the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always up for alternate sculpts and/or face plates, but I don’t get this one at all. The entire idea behind Ahsoka The White was that she came to terms with her past and specifically her tutelage under Anakin, and came away with an enlightened, content and serene sense of self. This was evident in her calm smiling demeanor after returning from TWBW.

Now that’s not to say that she can’t be intense and determined in battle, but this secondary expression just looks like they copied the Maul scream from DX16/17. I mean did she EVER look this Sithy after she experienced Anakin’s final lesson?

With any luck, the face plates will be swappable with the Mando figure, because she may have hit something approaching that look in the battle with Martok as Ahsoka The Grey. But it would be just like Hot Toys to NOT have engineered the new plate to make this work.

Fantastic sculpt! I've been waiting for this one, and Hot Toys didn't disappoint. I'm thinking about getting an extra set of head sculpts and seeing if it's possible to un-fuse the headband from Mando Ahsoka and glue it onto the longer lekku.

Gotta love HT's lack of shame in highlighting how quickly their old figures become outdated.
'Remember that ollld Ahsoka figure- the one that only released a few months ago as part of the DX line, which supposedly represents the pinnacle of our products?
Well, now here's a standard release of the same character that ***** all over that!'

DX is officially meaningless.
It is funny seeing that comparison photo highlighting how off that initial Ashoka figure's sculpt was. That figure only came out, what...earlier in the year I think?

ecRbCUb.png

Interesting legal loophole:

Authentic and detailed likeness of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: Ahsoka

Authentic and detailed likeness of Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine Wren in Star Wars: Ahsoka

Authentic and detailed likeness of Hera Syndulla in Star Wars: Ahsoka

Authentic and detailed likeness of Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars: Ahsoka

Authentic and detailed likeness of Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine Wren in Star Wars: Ahsoka

I mean I guess it's just cause their aliens and wearing heavy makeup and prosthetics. It's not a "true" likeness of the actual actor.

DX is officially meaningless.
It really is at this point. Moving eyes is no longer something saved for DX releases and neither are diorama/larger type bases. DX should basically be reserved for their Artisan figures at this point as that is now their “next level” type of release like DX used to be.

I may in the minority, but the second aggressor sculpt is pretty awesome! The more art/sculpting added vs the helmeted only characters are welcome! You can see that they put more Rosario in there--and now that eye rolling seems to be standard it justifies the price-point now too. I am preordering this whole line--need more! Morgan, Shin and Baylan cmon!

I mean I guess it's just cause their aliens and wearing heavy makeup and prosthetics. It's not a "true" likeness of the actual actor.
Possibly. But many of the WW figures don’t credit Gal Gadot. Maybe they have a franchise likeness calculator:

Authentic and detailed likeness of Pom Klementieff as Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Authentic and detailed likeness of Christian Bale as Gorr in Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder

Authentic and detailed likeness of She-Hulk in She-Hulk: Attorney At Law series

Authentic and detailed likeness of Jared Leto as Michael Morbius in Morbius

Authentic and detailed likeness of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/ Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Always up for alternate sculpts and/or face plates, but I don’t get this one at all. The entire idea behind Ahsoka The White was that she came to terms with her past and specifically her tutelage under Anakin, and came away with an enlightened, content and serene sense of self. This was evident in her calm smiling demeanor after returning from TWBW.

Now that’s not to say that she can’t be intense and determined in battle, but this secondary expression just looks like they copied the Maul scream from DX16/17. I mean did she EVER look this Sithy after she experienced Anakin’s final lesson?

With any luck, the face plates will be swappable with the Mando figure, because she may have hit something approaching that look in the battle with Martok as Ahsoka The Grey. But it would be just like Hot Toys to NOT have engineered the new plate to make this work.

Just occurred to me that this might be a glimpse of something to come? Like what if the spirit of The Son takes her over for a time since we seem to be headed down a Mortis God arc with Balan 🤔

I know HT (and their license agreement) shy away from spoilers, but this is such an intense and specific look that it makes me wonder…

Possibly. But many of the WW figures don’t credit Gal Gadot. Maybe they have a franchise likeness calculator:

Authentic and detailed likeness of Pom Klementieff as Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Authentic and detailed likeness of Christian Bale as Gorr in Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder

Authentic and detailed likeness of She-Hulk in She-Hulk: Attorney At Law series

Authentic and detailed likeness of Jared Leto as Michael Morbius in Morbius

Authentic and detailed likeness of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/ Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dunno then, but She-Hulk is a fully CGI character - doesn't even look like the actress.

The only Wonder Woman ones I can see that don't reference Gal Gadot are the ones that are comic based with her likeness, pretty sure all of the movie based ones do.

Just occurred to me that this might be a glimpse of something to come? Like what if the spirit of The Son takes her over for a time since we seem to be headed down a Mortis God arc with Balan 🤔

I know HT (and their license agreement) shy away from spoilers, but this is such an intense and specific look that it makes me wonder…
That was pretty much her look throughout her entire battle with Morgan Elsbeth and the undead stormtroopers. I think HT could tweak it a bit but she definitely had that expression...

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 13-58-34 Ahsoka vs Morgan Elsbeth Full Fight Scene and Death Episode ...png

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 13-59-30 Ahsoka vs Morgan Elsbeth Full Fight Scene and Death Episode ...png

I love the new neutral sculpt. I'm honestly afraid of the angry sculpt. She looks demonic! 😂 But seriously, the neutral sculpt is really well done. I can really see Rosario finally and the montrals are great. Love it!

I noticed this earlier and was wondering if that was the reason. Does it not then require actor sign off?

That was pretty much her look throughout her entire battle with Morgan Elsbeth and the undead stormtroopers. I think HT could tweak it a bit but she definitely had that expression...

View attachment 674514
View attachment 674515

Thank you for that! I was wondering! Now I guess we’ll get a Morgan Elsbeth from Hot Toys any day now to push us all FULLY into the Poor House!

3 BILLS!!!! Yowza!
I wish they would have included a replacement for the DX. That would have been a cool call back to the old days.

Back