1/6 Hot Toys - TMS116 - Ahsoka series: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was so excited that I actually had a "thank you" promo for this released but it just wouldn't work for some reason. It wasn't even in my promo code wallet. Then I realized that when my Artisan Anakin converted, it automatically applied the thank you promo to it šŸ˜‚ Oh well, $20 off is $20 off. However, after playing through the Sideshow game again this year and several $3 reward code drops I had enough to get him free. He just looks absolutely stunning. His HS is so spot on.

I completely agree, opinions are welcome but after so many times of the same complaints, itā€™s like why try to make others feel bad about stuff they like just because you donā€™t like it?

I enjoy discussions on CF so much more than Toyark because over there every 1/6 scale news is just ā€œI donā€™t like this itā€™s not 1/12,ā€ or ā€œStar Wars is dead, look at my smart as$ comment.ā€
Misery loves company. While it's exhausting to read over and over and over, it's best to ignore it. I tend to just leave a positive comment about the show to balance the scales.

I completely agree, opinions are welcome but after so many times of the same complaints, itā€™s like why try to make others feel bad about stuff they like just because you donā€™t like it?

I enjoy discussions on CF so much more than Toyark because over there every 1/6 scale news is just ā€œI donā€™t like this itā€™s not 1/12,ā€ or ā€œStar Wars is dead, look at my smart as$ comment.ā€
Just as some need to tell us how much they like everything,despite it being a crap show. Opinions are to be shared. And if you donā€™t like that,well,stop commenting yourself. I myself find Ahsoka awful,but the figure of Thrawn looks splendid.But since I have zero connection to it,I will pass. And you will never please everyone,no matter what any company releases or how we comment on a show or figure.

Yup. And always the same people. Itā€™s getting rather tiresome.

I find it funny how some constantly feel the need to express their dislike of the show each time a new figure is announced for this line. If this line gets 20 figures they will return 20 times to tell everybody just how bad this show is and how much it sucked, and that the figure isn't for them, because sharing their opinion once or twice wasn't enough. It has to be 20 times....
Same reason people constantly say how much they love the show and how a character was portrayed every time a new figure gets released. if you want an artificially positive safe space to ooze how much you like a show without dissent there are places for that (Star Wars Leaks on Reddit for example is often toxically positive). For those who hate any positive remarks about modern disney Star Wars there are places too (Saltier Than Crait on Reddit for example). This forum is great because it is more balanced and folk can disagree. If you do not wanna read the comments you can skip past them or use some of the many overly positive places for a nice comfortable echo chamber experience. That also applies to those who just hate everything modern star wars too.

I loved Andor, great show. Less toyetic for sure but still some great figure potential (ISB officers, Imperial army troopers (Cassian even wears the uniform so 2 for 1 there), Cinta in rebel wetsuit, flashback clones, Corporate security uniformed Syril, B2-EMO etc could all do well. I disliked the Ahsoka show overall despite some good elements but boy is that show toyetic and so far all the figures look great. Would be nice if we could get a show as well written as Andor but as toyetic as Ahsoka with the swashbuckling adventure of the Mandalorian. then everyone would be happy.

I am going to give him Tarkin's chair.

That dinky thing? Thrawn needs a chair that matches his tactical genius.

He needs the Ultimate Strategic Command Throne Deluxe XXL with built in massager, refrigerator, and tablet stand.

Decimating the New Republicā€™s forces has never been so comfortable.

IMG_4618.jpeg

Price is right on this one. I havenā€™t watched the full series of Ahsoka yet but I know of Thrawn and heā€™s a character worthy of having in the collection. Iā€™ll pre-order eventually.

That dinky thing? Thrawn needs a chair that matches his tactical genius.

He needs the Ultimate Strategic Command Throne Deluxe XXL with built in massager, refrigerator, and tablet stand.

Decimating the New Republicā€™s forces has never been so comfortable.

View attachment 671284
Where's the foot & leg massager?

Same reason people constantly say how much they love the show and how a character was portrayed every time a new figure gets released. if you want an artificially positive safe space to ooze how much you like a show without dissent there are places for that (Star Wars Leaks on Reddit for example is often toxically positive). For those who hate any positive remarks about modern disney Star Wars there are places too (Saltier Than Crait on Reddit for example). This forum is great because it is more balanced and folk can disagree. If you do not wanna read the comments you can skip past them or use some of the many overly positive places for a nice comfortable echo chamber experience. That also applies to those who just hate everything modern star wars too.

I loved Andor, great show. Less toyetic for sure but still some great figure potential (ISB officers, Imperial army troopers (Cassian even wears the uniform so 2 for 1 there), Cinta in rebel wetsuit, flashback clones, Corporate security uniformed Syril, B2-EMO etc could all do well. I disliked the Ahsoka show overall despite some good elements but boy is that show toyetic and so far all the figures look great. Would be nice if we could get a show as well written as Andor but as toyetic as Ahsoka with the swashbuckling adventure of the Mandalorian. then everyone would be happy.
Well you did kind of have 2 out of the 3 elements in The Mandalorian, it's not as "toyetic" as Ahsoka. The only figure I would want out of Andor would be Mon Mothma, since she is a lot of other Star Wars media.

Well you did kind of have 2 out of the 3 elements in The Mandalorian, it's not as "toyetic" as Ahsoka. The only figure I would want out of Andor would be Mon Mothma, since she is a lot of other Star Wars media.
Yeah, it has the swashbuckling and is toyetic though the writing was awful a lot of the time so there is room for a show/movie to be far better.

Iā€™m having the same reaction I had with Hera here in thinking she looks fantastic but Iā€™ll give it a week- and, sure enough, my enthusiasm to own her has diminished significantly. She still looks stellar; I just care a lot less about ā€˜collecting herā€™ now.

Thrawn looks equally as impressive, but, in a few days, I doubt ill be that fussed about having him as a permanent fixture In my Star Wars display.

However, he is a very significant character in the post OT lore, has a unique aesthetic, and is definitely the primary focus of the next few years of Star Wars, so he kind of deserves a spot on the shelf. Where exactly, Iā€™m not sure.

If not now, hopefully by the end of the Filoni movie, heā€™ll have shown some degree of formidable, strategic prowess- beyond failing at every turn and claiming a negative outcome was his intent all along- to warrant veneration.

If I had infinite funds and space, Iā€™d just buy the entire line, because they will undoubtedly look amazing once assembled, but Iā€™m really trying to think harder about what I buy these days- especially after sinking a fair amount of money into numerous Mando and BOBF figures only to to have all enthusiasm for them utterly destroyed by Mando S3.

What to do, what to do?..

Back