1/6 Hot Toys -TMS065 - The Clone Wars: Captain Vaughn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Captain Vaughn gets a preorder, but not General Kenobi...

View attachment 544276
Do you remember how J.C. Hong commented something to the like that Lucasfilm gave them a ton of problems about getting the ROTS figure out and asked for a lot of changes? It was in response to all the negative commentary about the lower lip. Can't help but wonder if Lucasfilm is involved in the holdup on General Kenobi too. Hopefully they're just waiting for the Kenobi show.

Do you remember how J.C. Hong commented something to the like that Lucasfilm gave them a ton of problems about getting the ROTS figure out and asked for a lot of changes? It was in response to all the negative commentary about the lower lip. Can't help but wonder if Lucasfilm is involved in the holdup on General Kenobi too. Hopefully they're just waiting for the Kenobi show.

At this point, that is what I'm thinking.

Leaks and rumors from reliable sources about flashbacks to the war and how we'll see both Ewan and Hayden in their General armor.

At this point, that is what I'm thinking.

Leaks and rumors from reliable sources about flashbacks to the war and how we'll see both Ewan and Hayden in their General armor.
I hope so. Would much rather see Hayden as a live action General Skywalker than Darth Vader. Would kinda take away from A New Hope if they met again since it was implied Vader never saw KenobI again after Mustafar.

Would be cool to see General Skywalker in live action. Hayden deserves another go. Would also be really neat to see Rex and Fives in live action too. Certainly would help Fives get a figure.

I hope so. Would much rather see Hayden as a live action General Skywalker than Darth Vader. Would kinda take away from A New Hope if they met again since it was implied Vader never saw KenobI again after Mustafar.

Would be cool to see General Skywalker in live action. Hayden deserves another go. Would also be really neat to see Rex and Fives in live action too. Certainly would help Fives get a figure.
Yeah that would be pretty epic. I've never really thought about that too much. But it would be pretty amazing considering watching all the Clone Wars in animation. Even as a flashback it would be a pretty epic few minutes.

They still need to add the red lines under the helmet, which I'm sure HT will correct when we get the figure sometime next year.

I agree. They already did that with Luke and Vader meeting before ESB in the Star Wars Marvel comics. Just feels weird.

I agree. They already did that with Luke and Vader meeting before ESB in the Star Wars Marvel comics. Just feels weird.
Yup. I don’t mind some retcons here and there, but stuff that’s lore breaking it annoying. Vader doesn’t even know Luke is his son until Palpatine tells him in ESB. Them having met before would ruin some of the tension when they first encounter each other on Bespin.

That’s how I feel about Vader and Kenobi too. It’s very much implied they haven’t seen each other since Mustafar. “A presence I haven’t felt since….” And then again “last I saw you I was still the learner, now I am the master” which makes sense in a way that Vader would have been reflecting on the high ground moment.

I think putting a moment where Vader and Kenobi meet on screen before a A New Hope takes some of the tension away from that scene and that meeting, whether they intend it or not. It’s easy enough to make some new Order 66 survivor if they want a duel with Vader, much like they did with Cal Kestis and Cere Junda in Fallen Order.

Can you specify? Don’t see any paint missing on there. Then again, not really dived into the details of Vaughn.

Sure, Vaughn has red stripes underneath the visor, hard to see and not many good photos of it out there. It originally looks like the shadow of his helmet, but its red stripes. It is hard to see them because most of his scenes are in the tunnel system of Mandalore. See below for the darker red lines.

EV1uG7aU4AAh52t.jpg

Sure, Vaughn has red stripes underneath the visor, hard to see and not many good photos of it out there. It originally looks like the shadow of his helmet, but its red stripes. It is hard to see them because most of his scenes are in the tunnel system of Mandalore. See below for the darker red lines.
Oh, you mean these two lines straight under the black visor?
E7302712-3F24-4F87-9740-35011FE5D852.jpeg

Yup. I don’t mind some retcons here and there, but stuff that’s lore breaking it annoying. Vader doesn’t even know Luke is his son until Palpatine tells him in ESB. Them having met before would ruin some of the tension when they first encounter each other on Bespin.

Vader knew who Luke was before Empire. He says at the beginning of ESB, "That is the system and I'm sure Skywalker is with them"

Vader's plan was to get to Luke first so they could overthrow the Emperor and rule as 'father and son'. When Palpatine tells Vader about Luke, Vader acts like he didn't already know so that Palpatine wouldn't catch on about his plan.

That’s how I feel about Vader and Kenobi too. It’s very much implied they haven’t seen each other since Mustafar. “A presence I haven’t felt since….” And then again “last I saw you I was still the learner, now I am the master” which makes sense in a way that Vader would have been reflecting on the high ground moment.

I think putting a moment where Vader and Kenobi meet on screen before a A New Hope takes some of the tension away from that scene and that meeting, whether they intend it or not. It’s easy enough to make some new Order 66 survivor if they want a duel with Vader, much like they did with Cal Kestis and Cere Junda in Fallen Order.
I get what you mean, but the line is “when I left you I was but a learner” not when I last saw you, so the wording is definitely what they intend to play with to make it work. There’s no concrete statement about them not seeing each other since mustafar so they’ll use that to their advantage most likely. Even the “a presence I’ve not felt since…” can now be filled it to be “when we dueled on (insert new planet here)”. I personally don’t think it’s necessary and id rather Vader just be in the background and not directly encountering Kenobi in this, but if they do go that route they can definitely play with the wording a lot.

Also the whole "he's more machine now than man" kind of hints that Kenobi has experience of what Anakin has become.

Vader knew who Luke was before Empire. He says at the beginning of ESB, "That is the system and I'm sure Skywalker is with them"

Vader's plan was to get to Luke first so they could overthrow the Emperor and rule as 'father and son'. When Palpatine tells Vader about Luke, Vader acts like he didn't already know so that Palpatine wouldn't catch on about his plan.

My thoughts as well, by the time ESB started, Vader was already hunting for Luke and already knew that he was his son. I know the recent Marvel comics have dove into it a bit, but from a movie only perspective, I thought it was obvious that Vader knew, one of the reasons why he wanted the Falcon and company so badly as well.

I also have no problems with Kenobi and Vader fighting in-between ROTS and ANH. It'd make sense that Obi-Wan would try to reach out to Anakin and try to lure him back. "Obi-Wan once thought as you do," and "He's more machine now than man," works more if Obi-Wan tried bringing him back to the light before ANH.

Back