1/6 Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne (2.0) Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armory looks the same as the old one.

The sculpt looks better than JND.... JND's has a bit of that George Bush problem all their Bale sculpts have. The JND Wayne suit however looks more accurate.

Last edited:
I’m torn. On the one hand? I haven’t had a TDK Batman since I sold my DX 02 off years ago and I actually think this looks pretty damn good. On the other? I don’t know. These Hot Toys releases are weird, man. I don’t even look at what’s new, anymore, so much as what’s not new. Gloves, no alternate expressions/faceplates for the cowled head, etc.; because, in my mind, there’s nothing precluding Hot Toys from revisiting it again when they get the urge and, at this juncture, I honestly think anything they don’t do is intentional, planned obsolescence.

They’ve got more in common with a tech company than a collectible company with these constant updates and revisions and their weird little before/after photos like it’s an infomercial for cosmetic surgery or something with every new release makes it even more apparent. “Try our new and improved Batfleck! Now with 30% more lean beef! Introducing Darth Maul, he has even worse dental hygiene! You like The Dark Knight? We fixed those shoulder pads!” I get the logic of it: showing that you’re now committed to hearing the bitching and bemoaning that took place a decade ago because there’s a new kid in town who can steal those voices away with a better product, but it’s also like “why the hell would I buy this one when it’s just going to be the next ‘Before’ picture in 3 years, if that?”

They’re in this weird place where they seem like they’re genuinely improving in some respects, but they’re just doing the same stuff over and over again. More Bale, more Star Wars; I suspect, at some point, they’ll start revising the MCU output with new and improved Phase 1 figures and start that ball rolling all over again and, hell, I might even be down to buy a few, but I’m still like “same old Howard…”

Headsculpt looks the same as TDKR armory to me but with a different hair sculpt and better paint

If one thing has been made clear, it's that Hot Toys has no interest in appeasing the collector.

Their products have lost their collectibility. They're not a collectibles company anymore. They're a higher end toy manufacturer, not unlike Hasbro in a lot of ways. They lack that prestige they may have once had. That element that set them apart. They have diluted their brand to where its become cheap, unreliable, and unremarkable.

I saw all the outraged reactions on reddit and at first only noticed the figure in the suit, and thought I'd be a little annoyed too, but then after I realised it's the armory from TDK, I don't mind. The suit is nice, but visually I MUCH prefer the see-through armory in Rises.

I mean you can just look at the side by side's. JND's lips are too pursed and thin, nose too narrow, hairline looking like plugs even though its sculpted. Don't be fooled by the silicone. Neither are perfect but you're paying 3-4x more....

512712-IMG-0046.png

I mean you can just look at the side by side's. JND's lips are too pursed and thin, nose too narrow, hairline looking like plugs even though its sculpted. Don't be fooled by the silicone. Neither are perfect but you're paying 3-4x more....

View attachment 704214
Left is Tom Cruise.

Middle is a serial killer after cutting off Bales face and attaching it to his own.

For that to happen someone else would need to make a 1/6 Begins suit to make HT jelly.

Pretty sure they'll even make another Reeve supes after Inart. Heck anything Inart/JND does they'll do their own again.

People complained about all the inaccuracies with the TDK suit for years, and now with InArt in the game, HT is finally attempting to step up their game and address those issues, and people are still complaining.
People complained about them revealing the DKR suit sculpt after most of the pre-orders had sold out, and here is another way to get it, and people complain about this.

People are going to complain no matter what.

If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

So on the same day Joost gives us something original and exciting Hot Toys do another Bale reissue. :lol

I don't see any point rushing to pre-order. At least wait and see the InArt version first. It'll make this look like a hasbro in comparison.

Not even sure I want another Begins figure from HT. Zero faith in them getting the cowl right. The last figure with a Jaxon, OT or Unreal sculpt will better anything new from HT.

People complained about all the inaccuracies with the TDK suit for years, and now with InArt in the game, HT is finally attempting to step up their game and address those issues, and people are still complaining.
People complained about them revealing the DKR suit sculpt after most of the pre-orders had sold out, and here is another way to get it, and people complain about this.

People are going to complain no matter what.

If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
At the end of the day, I agree. But I can still “complain”

Back