1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Spider Man 2099 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's important to remember that this is how Sideshow did things back before The Force Awakens. There were always limited pre-order slots and stuff routinely got waitlisted, sometimes within a day or two.
They did, but there’s gotta be an in between. They can’t have so much merch on hand, but having a bunch of frustrated fans is also bad. And these limited run craps have also been bad.
Speaking of ole times, you use to could preorder all this at the con! So, just noting that’s how it use to be is no consolation. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I just wish we got a second headsculpt

1687273319951.png

I mean are we assuming they're just sticking a cloth suit over the exact same body? Still plenty of time to make changes before then.

We need to kill any notion that this change was prompted by online complaining. It’s 100% because people weren’t ordering. That’s the only thing that matters.

We need to kill any notion that this change was prompted by online complaining. It’s 100% because people weren’t ordering. That’s the only thing that matters.
This is totally the hard work of all those influencers and YouTubers. No other explanation makes sense!!! <insert sarcasm>😉

View attachment 645886

Even with a cloth suit over it, the proportions for this figure is all sorts of wrong. Tiny thin head, flattened traps, blocky shoulders, overly exaggerated arm thickness and length, and thin quads. Really wish they would go back to the drawing board and start over.
Omg that fluorescent pinkish red with the dark blue.....

Screw the old 2099 suit, this new one is absolutely incredible. Miguel needed the long overdue upgrade (I don't count the white one even though it's also very good looking. But too armored looking for a Spiderman)

I do think Hot Toys caved in too soon.

a777afaa23157436a126a88d4776f49e.jpg

I mean, to be able to put a Spiderman figure in this pose (or any other Spidey pose youve seen from the comics, movies) on your self without worrying about any significant problem is incredible. It's SPIDERMAN.

View attachment 645932

I mean, to be able to put a Spiderman figure in this pose (or any other Spidey pose youve seen from the comics, movies) on your self without worrying about any significant problem is incredible. It's SPIDERMAN.
Plenty of other figures out there, this isn’t what Hot Toys figures are supposed to be. Realism/accuracy > articulation

Yes, it's important to remember that this is how Sideshow did things back before The Force Awakens. There were always limited pre-order slots and stuff routinely got waitlisted, sometimes within a day or two.
I started collecting in 2012 and don’t remember that being the case unless an item was an exclusive. Those sometimes sold out.

Usually figures would at least reach the status of being in-stock and they might go to waitlist shortly after but generally not before release.

View attachment 645932

Then you can buy a Figma/MarvelLegends/SHFiguarts if that's what you want out of this figure.

Even then, the ITSV Miles had some great articulation and poseability thanks to the great fabric they used on that figure. I imagine this figure will do just fine even with a fabric suit. Obviously not the same as one without one but as others have said, it's not what people want out of Hot Toys and this line.

M0ZW96F.jpg

View attachment 645932

Would it be to much to ask for a run of one with and without a suit, and let the reviews decide 😢

This is just not the form factor collectors have invested thousands and thousands of dollars. For me, I think the “Power Pose” is also ******** and should not be supported. HB2, Hydo Stomper, King Shark…all that was BS. Economics is probably driving it, but damn try economic approach, don’t change the form factor and try to make me add statues or mondo type figures to the collection.

Sideshow needs to run their business this way now, they cannot keep sitting on warehouse
inventory for years on end with figures that no one wants to buy.

Hopefully less inventory means that Hot Toys will go back to at least maintaining some semblance of
their value moving forward instead of being 25 - 50% less than retail cost a couple weeks
after they release through Sideshow.
Looks like Iron Studios is going the same way. They have year old stuff in stock and on sale while lots of their more recent pre orders are selling out before release

Then you can buy a Figma/MarvelLegends/SHFiguarts if that's what you want out of this figure.

Even then, the ITSV Miles had some great articulation and poseability thanks to the great fabric they used on that figure. I imagine this figure will do just fine even with a fabric suit. Obviously not the same as one without one but as others have said, it's not what people want out of Hot Toys and this line.

M0ZW96F.jpg
And what if I wanted a higher quality 1/6 scale?

Plenty of other figures out there, this isn’t what Hot Toys figures are supposed to be. Realism/accuracy > articulation
Articulation is part of realism and accuracy.

I don't think it's accurate to not be able to put a Spiderman figure in extreme poses for an extended period of time. Especially when the character is from an animated movie.

Screenshot_20230621_124736_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230621_124723_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230621_124702_Samsung Internet.jpg

But I forgot some people can only hyperfocus on the downsides when changes are too drastic.

Back