1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Spider Man 2099 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1687245566994.jpg

Hot Toys has been striving for top-notch collectible experience by crafting true-to-movies figures. We study from feedbacks continuously and refine prototypes to bring our creative projects to fruition.

After careful consideration, we decided to give a significant costume upgrade to “1/6th scale Spider-Man 2099 collectible figure” from the Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse collection. This newly designed Spider-Man 2099 suit now made in highly stretchable fabric allows a full range of articulation, also features luminous reflective patterns to accentuate the character’s unique ability.

This amazing figure will be a treasure in your Spider collection!

It only took an insane amount of universal negative feedback across all social media platforms for them to do what should been done in the first place but I'll take it! Puts the figure in my future preorder/order list now.

giphy.gif

8LAYt1y.png

On one hand I'm very glad...

On the other, why did it have to take so much negativity for them to do this and why wasn't this the decision in the first place lol

It only took an insane amount of universal negative feedback across all social media platforms for them to do what should been done in the first place but I'll take it! Puts the figure in my future preorder/order list now.

giphy.gif

8LAYt1y.png
May PO now as they might increase the price.

God damnit, I wanted to put him in this pose so badly.
Guess it’s only museum poses.

Shame.

Attachments

• DFE335A2-7ADB-4E54-B887-B243D877D03B.jpeg
    DFE335A2-7ADB-4E54-B887-B243D877D03B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The pre-order sales on this thing must have just been abysmal.

Most likely. It does make me wonder if they'll take any shortcuts to upgrade this and still leave the majority disappointed. Just putting a fabric suit on top of this will definitely ruin the silhouette. Or will there a compromise like that Arkham Knight Batgirl.

NO WAY. awesome news.

maybe howard saw the movie and realized this figure / character deserved better.

either that or there were about 6 total preorders for this guy in the state he was.

whatever convinced them, glad to see it. this couldve been a slippery slope and set a new lower standard for what they could get away with.

Definitely will pre-order now. I guess Justin will have to go back to the well and continue to complain about the lack of metal nameplates on the stand

Problem is, by the time they send an updated pic, DA Sideshow will have waitlisted it due to the way they run their business nowadays.

Sideshow needs to run their business this way now, they cannot keep sitting on warehouse
inventory for years on end with figures that no one wants to buy.

Hopefully less inventory means that Hot Toys will go back to at least maintaining some semblance of
their value moving forward instead of being 25 - 50% less than retail cost a couple weeks
after they release through Sideshow.

Sideshow needs to run their business this way now, they cannot keep sitting on warehouse
inventory for years on end with figures that no one wants to buy.

Hopefully less inventory means that Hot Toys will go back to at least maintaining some semblance of
their value moving forward instead of being 25 - 50% less than retail cost a couple weeks
after they release through Sideshow.
Yes, it's important to remember that this is how Sideshow did things back before The Force Awakens. There were always limited pre-order slots and stuff routinely got waitlisted, sometimes within a day or two.

Problem is, by the time they send an updated pic, DA Sideshow will have waitlisted it due to the way they run their business nowadays.
That’s exactly it! Plus no in person photos of it from SDCC this year. Totally sucks. Hopefully SS will have it at their Warehouse Con - no fans invited.

Back