1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Spider Man 2099 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the movie, I really wish they had done this figure more justice.
Crying shame that this is most likely the only version we will get from Hot Toys.
Yep, same, after seeing the movie this figure becomes all the more disappointing.

he's basically the most forgiving "reviewer" around (because he's often performing a glorified commercial for his sponsors) and yet he still viciously ripped this thing to absolute shreds

that's when you know hot toys really done ****** up bad haha

Completely agree with Justin it is a train wreck of a figure but wondering if the reason they did it this way was because of those huge blades coming out of the gauntlets. How would they have done it if it was a fabric suit. Also wondering if they have sub contracted this out to another company. Just a couple of random thoughts.

I was with him until he said "I will still get this figure so I can do a review of it." Don't need to see a whole separate 35 minute video with more of the same. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I realize he'll probably do some nice clicks/views on the video though, but maybe its time to send HT a message and not give them your money on this one

Last edited:
I was with him until he said "I will still get this figure so I can do a review of it." Don't need to see a whole separate 35 minute video with more of the same. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I realize he'll probably do some nice clicks/views on the video though, but maybe its time to send HT a message and not give them your money on this one
Yeah, why support the terrible aspects of this thing by putting money in HT's pocket? I know being a reviewer is his "job" but the best way to protest bad HT decisions is to not purchase!

They should have put more effort in the blue of this suit. It's still a solid blue and we all know by now it shouldve been fading black/darkblue/blue colour.

Eh his videos are good for getting looks at the figure, just put it on mute.

He used to talk normally in his older vids but now he has that YT voice going on.

it’s been weeks and i still get pissed every time this thing crosses my mind. so frustrating, a well executed version would easily be one of my most wanted figures.

Eh his videos are good for getting looks at the figure, just put it on mute.

He used to talk normally in his older vids but now he has that YT voice going on.
It’s like he has made it his life mission to become the personification of a Microsoft text-to-speech software for Australia.
I stumbled across an old video of his last week without even realising it because a completely different man was talking…. or so I thought. How on earth does someone become so monotonous in tone and cadence?

You almost expect this figure to have some sort of spring loaded 'claw strike' action feature.

You can't really pose this with the Miles Morales figure cause that has a fabric suit, they don't even look like they're from the same toy line.

I'm sure the quality will be good but no matter how great it was, I wouldn't pay more than $100 for this type of product. Theres probably a market for this somewhere but its not what their user base expects. If they're gonna make this stuff, put it in a separate line. Like their 'Artist mix' or the 'Iconic' line for those Venom statue things. Maybe don't even use the Hot Toys branding on it and drop the price way down.

I'm sure the quality will be good but no matter how great it was, I wouldn't pay more than $100 for this type of product. Theres probably a market for this somewhere but its not what their user base expects.

There are people that keep buying those Mondo stuff which have worse articulation. Those are the overpriced Marvel legends IMO.

There is a market for this type of figure. The point that is being made is that they are two different markets. Mondo is selling you an upscaled action figure and people in that market know that. HT isn't known for this kind of figure. Yes, they've dabbled in other media but are labeled as such. Throwing this figure here is a WTF moment. Not what HT customers were expecting or wanting.
I have no dog in this fight as these aren't figures I'm purchasing, but even I was "What?"

There is a market for this type of figure. The point that is being made is that they are two different markets. Mondo is selling you an upscaled action figure and people in that market know that. HT isn't known for this kind of figure. Yes, they've dabbled in other media but are labeled as such. Throwing this figure here is a WTF moment. Not what HT customers were expecting or wanting.
I have no dog in this fight as these aren't figures I'm purchasing, but even I was "What?"
This. Mondo's animated figures are exactly that. They're all designed to be coherent and consistant with one another. They all have exposed joints and they're all painted with the same stylized animated look. People buying these knows exactly what they are.
Sabretooth_PP-028.jpg

Hot Toys has yet to do that with any of these Spider-Verse figures and then drops 2099 to be the outcast of the group for zero reason. Had Miles and Gwen been done this way from the start, that would be a different story but they weren't. It's like Mondo making some of these X-Men figures with a full body cloth suit and then suddenly making Gambit have a sculpted jacket.

Last edited:
I loved the film and would’ve been tempted to get the three plus Peter if they were all cohesive so I’m a little relieved HT f’d it up. But I am disappointed nonetheless.

Make no mistake, I'm not defending this. This is more like an upscaled SHFiguarts instead and still a WTF decision from HT which I have said earlier in this thread. What I'm trying to get at is why would people spend that amount for something like this especially for those Mondo figures which IMO most likely are subpar compared to this.

The fact I just also want to throw shade at Mondo. :p If their stuff remained closer to $160, then it's tolerable. Maybe.

Back