1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Spider Man 2099 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
star-wars-junk.gif

:slap I want to like it so bad but I just can't...Why? Why? Just use the exact materials as Miles and Gwen. Those first figures are fantastic, so posable, and forgiving. I have left both in extreme poses for months and the suits bounce back no problem.

This is just a huge cop out. They got the body right but could they not give it an actual suit. Why even bother then. Smh

This is just a huge cop out. They got the body right but could they not give it an actual suit. Why even bother then. Smh
Yeah, I was genuinely puzzled with the announcement when I first saw it yesterday.
I was thinking, at first that Hot Toys was doing 2099 Spidey in this style as a new line launch or something to rival Marvel Legends... then I saw the other figures it was posed next too and realised that it wasn't a new line but an intentional choice to skip the suit.

It is disappointing that they didn't give it all in this release, I do believe that the amt invested in this new body and a tad more for a new suit over it would've made it a winner....that said it's still a nice figure nevertheless, just not at the asking price they're selling it at. The odd thing is now it's gonna stand out very oddly against the rest of the figures in the same line.

I wonder if Hot Toys has a very clear design philosophy or intent behind the creation of their figures or consistency across their lines because this clearly ain't it.

Bargain bin pickup in maybe 2 years time?

Glad to see the near unanimous hate for this figure on every comments section whether it be here or on FB or Insta.

I wanted to wait until the full reveal but the only things I like are the cape and unmasked head.

Does he have these exposed joints in the film? Its just an odd move for hot toys.

Curious how they decided to go full on action figure for this one, I agree with the idea a suit should’ve been simply put on top the existing body. Speculatively, perhaps they ran out of budget for the Spider-Verse line and had to cut some costs with 2099 (seems unlikely?). Or, licensing dictates that they couldn’t make it with the suit. Or simply they wanted to try something new/ deliberately deviate from the continuity of the other figures.

Curious how they decided to go full on action figure for this one, I agree with the idea a suit should’ve been simply put on top the existing body. Speculatively, perhaps they ran out of budget for the Spider-Verse line and had to cut some costs with 2099 (seems unlikely?). Or, licensing dictates that they couldn’t make it with the suit. Or simply they wanted to try something new/ deliberately deviate from the continuity of the other figures.
I think the simplest answer is that they’re lazy.

Heh, we got to see both ends of the spectrum of how much HT actually tries in a matter of hours. You have this 2099 Spiderman on the low end and Old Man Keaton Batman at the higher end

Hot Toys is planning to leave the high end collectibles market. Maybe they saw that they cannot compete against Inart and decided to go low end with a twist - the price

The toy collector in me loves the look of the figure but not from Hot Toys and definitely not that price. Maybe it'll be one of their daily deal sales in a few years.

Couldn't help but laugh with some of the description
"The screen-accurate Spider-Man figure of Spider-Man 2099"
" All the focus remains on the Spider-Man 2099 Suit with luminous reflective patterns in blue to recreate his energy effects"

062254EC-235C-44C4-A5C8-C2E8D9E47FA5.jpeg

CC7919A6-30AD-4074-AFFE-B92538A6F2A4.gif

could just be recency bias but this might be the most frustrated i’ve ever been by one of hot toys decisions.

it was so close to perfect, all it needs is a printed fabric suit to hide the seams. why go through all the trouble making the new proportions / accessories and stop there.

sure, if this was a 1/12 figure it looks great. but for 1/6 scale and to match the entire rest of their product line, it’s just not passable.

The bizarre thing is in the specs it refers to a Costume? HT did you forget something lol?
But it does say underneath body and there’s no mention of an actual “costume”.

This is really surprising and dissapointing at the same time. Oversized and overpriced action figure of the only version of Spiderman I like.

I honestly would like to hear an explanation on why they decided to do this particular figure like this. If it ends up been $100 bucks at one point, I might consider but it will look out of place with all my collection.

Sure would like to ask about this decision at SDCC and pretend that the answer is knowledgeable and satisfying 😇😏

Sure would like to ask about this decision at SDCC and pretend that the answer is knowledgeable and satisfying 😇😏
No matter the answer or reason, the decision to do it like this was not the right one. Some might accept it in the end, but nobody prefers this over a customed figure

Also would have been nice to see it up close but…..🤷🏾‍♂️
No matter the answer or reason, the decision to do it like this was not the right one. Some might accept it in the end, but nobody prefers this over a customed figure
agreed but seeing it up close queues you into if there is any new technology here or quality versus it just being a $250 Haslab

I don’t think this is a terrible figure by any means, in fact it’s actually pretty good…
Just not at this scale and certainly not at this price point. I wouldn’t say you can’t do 1/6 figures like this, but when you have the comparable Mondo BTAS figures coming in at ~$200 with a ton more accessories, this figure is just insanely overpriced. The drop in quality is not at all proportional to the drop in price, and the decision is made even more confusing by Miles and Gwen from this same movie being done in the traditional fabric costume style that we expect.

Back