1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: BAZE MALBUS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved Rogue One, but Admiral Aimbot was ridiculous (even for SW). As many have stated his gear/outfit doesn't look anything you would see in the established SW universe.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Stormtroopers portrayed in R1 where absolutely abysmal, slaughtered wholesale. At least in TFA they were somewhat competent, shot straight and blew stuff up.

Weren't most OT Era Stormtroopers pretty badly trained or a lot of them were even rushed through training? Pretty sure First Order Stormtroopers have been either raised from birth/childhood with extreme brainwashing which would make them a lot more competent.

That's what made the Clones so great. Minus the Jango Fett template I think they still would've been better than OT Stormies anyway.

This guy has no purpose in the movie. Everyone else had something to do except this guy. Yes he is Asian, yes Hot Toys are Asian but he's honestly the most forgettable character out of the lot.

Yeah, Chirrut had some nice moments, but this guy did not even achieve sidekick status - more like a guy who continually happened to be standing in the same room as the main characters.

Loved Rogue One, but Admiral Aimbot was ridiculous (even for SW). As many have stated his gear/outfit doesn't look anything you would see in the established SW universe.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Stormtroopers portrayed in R1 where absolutely abysmal, slaughtered wholesale. At least in TFA they were somewhat competent, shot straight and blew stuff up.

Yeah, RO truly set a new low for "dumb/useless stormies," even more so than the ROTJ Ewok arrow issue. At the point where your helmet/armor can't even withstand a small woman wielding a baton, then it just becomes kind of silly. They become a joke even in-universe.

I like the costume design.

Reminds me of Dengar but also like something out of LucasArts Dark Forces, especially the gun.

Come on and put it up for order already! I dont want to wait months between getting Chirrut Imwe and this guy!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wonder if he is going to end up being one of those "market-specific" exclusives where we don't even see it here in the west except as an low-edition exclusive...

...or he ends up like Drax...disappears from view only to pop up (much) later for PO and the ever-present delayed release cycle?

I liked the character even though he looked like he just tagged along because he had nothing better to do. He was pretty bad ass though, that gun....although the vacuum cleaner he carried around could have been a better design. I'd buy this over Chirrut.

Still holding out on Chirrut to see if they release him.. the two together is the only way to go. Wish they had released them as a two pack.

I wasn't sure if he had officially been previewed but he's in a group shot from when K2 and Jyn were revealed.

15590155_10154048349597344_8796222576320143331_n.jpg

I think that new picture of the 4 hero characters is HT's way of saying "buy the whole set".

At least this time they aren't even pretending that they won't leave us in the lurch. Until proven otherwise I am assuming this piss poor selection of RO figures is all that is coming. Still waiting for that picture of the smirking han stormtrooper to come to fruition.

Damn seeing them all makes it seem that much more lame if Tarkin and Cassian get passed up!

I was really hoping for Cassian...Baze and Chirrut weren't even on my list.
Well my Death Troopers would have something to shoot at if I decided to get them...

Well, seeing more of Baze should help sales of Chirrut, for sure.

If I knew that Cassian and the wacky ex-imperial pilot (forgot his name) were in the pipeline, I would probably be tempted to pick up the entire "Rogue One" group. As it stands, I'm only getting K2S0 and Jyn to represent the heroes.

Back