1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: BAZE MALBUS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The names that SW is coming up with since the PT are really ridiculous :slap

Star Wars has always had pretty silly names. We've gotten used to them, but imagine if you were in your thirties in 1977 what you would think hearing Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt or Boba Fett for the first time.

He kind of reminds me of Dengar. Just thrown together last minute with no real thought put into him. lol.

Star Wars has always had pretty silly names. We've gotten used to them, but imagine if you were in your thirties in 1977 what you would think hearing Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt or Boba Fett for the first time.

I wouldn't judge them as harshly as Darth Maul-"ya to death," Darth "In"-Sidious and General Grievous-"Bodily-Harm."

I wouldn't judge them as harshly as Darth Maul-"ya to death," Darth "In"-Sidious and General Grievous-"Bodily-Harm."

Yes, the prequels are worse (Count Dooku anyone?), but my point is that the OT does have its share of silly names. Lobot, Sy Snoodles, Max Rebo, Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar...

No offense to anyone but thats a sorry @ss figure.

I agree that the clean outfit, plain pose picks make this figure look pretty boring. And he does have a Ghostbusters vibe going on. I do think he looks better in the film all dirtied up, though.

3123593e14a81a64148de7f5074206ef.jpg

Yes, the prequels are worse (Count Dooku anyone?), but my point is that the OT does have its share of silly names. Lobot, Sy Snoodles, Max Rebo, Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar...

Yeah, something went awry in ROTJ - maybe cockiness where they thought that anything that popped out of their head was genius. Many of the ROTJ Jabba creatures were poorly designed and executed and had stupid names as well. SW and ESB escaped much of that, but the few cheesy names like Lobot were made up after the film wrapped (he's credited as "Lando's Aide" in the movie) and often by the likes of Kenner to sell product.

I agree that the clean outfit, plain pose picks make this figure look pretty boring. And he does have a Ghostbusters vibe going on. I do think he looks better in the film all dirtied up, though.

3123593e14a81a64148de7f5074206ef.jpg

It's amazing what a purely nostalgia-driven experience every new SW movie has become - RO imagery and name incorporated into the vintage Topps OT template.:lol

The PT had some pretty bad names too.

Ric Olie
Valorum
Yaddle
Kit Fisto
Ki Adi Mundi
Adi Gallia
Ben Quadrinaros

Man what a load of bollocks we bought into back then. Commtech chips to hear your figures talk, jacking the price of a 3 and 3/4 figure up.

The PT had some pretty bad names too.

Ric Olie
Valorum
Yaddle
Kit Fisto
Ki Adi Mundi
Adi Gallia
Ben Quadrinaros

Man what a load of bollocks we bought into back then. Commtech chips to hear your figures talk, jacking the price of a 3 and 3/4 figure up.

Haha - at $4-5 a pop, I'd take those prices again.

And man, some of those characters didn't just have bad names, they were truly awful designs - like Mr. Bug's Life here...

Cropped_Quadinaros.png

I just want to see this film, get it out of the way, then bask in 2017's warm CBM warming glow.

Hopefully the two upcoming convention shows will have a taste of what's to come figure wise.

From this, it's kind of sad that I want none of the rebels, not one. Just Tarkin and Krennic.

I just want to see this film, get it out of the way, then bask in 2017's warm CBM warming glow.

Hopefully the two upcoming convention shows will have a taste of what's to come figure wise.

From this, it's kind of sad that I want none of the rebels, not one. Just Tarkin and Krennic.

The only major figure stand-out to me is Krennic and maybe the tall robot. Even the Deathtroopers are feeling way too overexposed now - before the movie even comes out.

The rebels in this all seem so... earnest or something. Kinda boring tbh. I really hope the movie has some real fun - even though I liked the newest trailer, it all seems pretty dour.

Haha - at $4-5 a pop, I'd take those prices again.

And man, some of those characters didn't just have bad names, they were truly awful designs - like Mr. Bug's Life here...

Cropped_Quadinaros.png
You've all forgotten the Jedi master Yareal Poof
e6cb8e385abdfc57cfb392c2259f1ebf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LOL at the first page judging the **** out of this character. He's so goddamn amazing in the movie and is perfect for Star Wars.

Back