1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I add this to my detolf I’ll most likely put him on a regular HT stand because it won’t fit otherwise. Nice to have the display option but the base isn’t as important.

I randomly found this figure in a wall mart. Galactic Action Darth Vader (12 inches) from Obi Wan Kenobi .

It's rather cheap 35$ and lacks the overall HT quality but I think it's the most movie accurate Vader helmet/mask I've ever seen in a figure . Maybe it was made from a prop 3D scan? If Hot Toys came this close I'd be happy.

Here's it is next to RO Vader
DSCN2430 (Medium).JPG
Vader 2.JPG

Last edited:
And here's a trio of figure.
Left:Galactic Action Darth Vader (Obi Wan).Most accurate head sculpt?
Middle:HT Rogue One. Best of the Hot Toys figures but head sculpt still somewhat off
Right: Kotobukiya ANH . Barely looks like Vader
Vader trio.JPG

Last edited:
I think the Galactic Action figure on the left is by far the best helmet/Face mask. I'm tempted to get another one and use the head to "fix" the Kotobukiya figure on the right which has the same scale.

For some reason I absorbed the information about the various versions of the Boba Fett costume really well, but I swear people talk about the different versions of Vader and I'm like :huh

All the different nuances just don't stick out to me the same outside of the ANH helmet. I know the Rogue one has always been touted as one of the best alongside the ESB, but I feel like the ESB even catches a little flak these days?

In any case when I have Vader on my shelf I can feel like "yup, that's Vader". Which is probably more of a blessing than a curse :lol

For some reason I absorbed the information about the various versions of the Boba Fett costume really well, but I swear people talk about the different versions of Vader and I'm like :huh

All the different nuances just don't stick out to me the same outside of the ANH helmet. I know the Rogue one has always been touted as one of the best alongside the ESB, but I feel like the ESB even catches a little flak these days?

In any case when I have Vader on my shelf I can feel like "yup, that's Vader". Which is probably more of a blessing than a curse :lol
I dunno the Vader helmet is my hang up while I don't really obsess over Boba Fett

I feel like maybe it works out that way depending on if you’ve also attempted to customize one of the two (or both) to be more accurate. Even though I notice some of the Boba differences, it’s not enough to make me go nuts about. However, since I’ve customized 2 Vaders, I can now spot many of the differences between a majority of the suits.
Rogue One and Tarkin 2 pack Vader are probably the best right out of the box and Kenobi Vader will probably be the same. The main thing about the ESB that I dislike more than maybe some of the more nuanced details are the overall proportions are pretty off. The new ROTJ seems to be suffering from the same issues.
It definitely is. That’s how I used to be. Not so much anymore 😅

I’ll stick with the Kenobi version, no interest in Uncle Fester.
Missed opportunity. Now that they are giving us the Uncle Fester head sculpt, they should have included a Gomez and Lurch head sculpt as well. I would pay up to $400 + tax + shipping for that truly deluxe version.

Missed opportunity. Now that they are giving us the Uncle Fester head sculpt, they should have included a Gomez and Lurch head sculpt as well. I would pay up to $400 + tax + shipping for that truly deluxe version.
Nah, since HT posted the revised proto images chrisstbh has been totally on board with buying this.

You should really take another look too, it's transformed and soooooo brood-y, pout-y and dreamy and looks like it will now cause a PO lottery meltdown on the SSC site.

rug.png

Last edited:
I actually would more then likey always use the Shaw sculpt when displaying this. Can't wait!
Yeah, I like em both, so they get equal time in my book. Heroes and villains both get old, so I like the Uncle Fester look - although I’d love him to have a Sith eyes option

The whole point of Darth Vader in ROTJ is the Anakin/Shaw reveal. Why would you display this version any other way?
My whole problem with displaying a ROTJ Vader with the unmasked sculpt is that you only see that with him laying on the ground, defeated. I just never loved that look. I did like the Shaw Jedi figure that Hasbro had a number of years ago...but now that's Hayden after the SE SE... :)

Back