1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they fix even just the helmet I’m in. Would have no issues displaying the OWK and ROTJ. My RO will have to go though since OWK is basically the same but with light up saber

On the HT ESB helmet I changed the registration point by moving the rubber socket in the dome back by about 1/8 of an inch so the helmet sits more forward and is rotated down a bit. I think it’s more of what the prototype ESB photos looked like.

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpeg
    IMG_1147.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1149.jpeg
    IMG_1149.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Any Chinese speakers considered asking Hot Toys on facebook whats up with 3 OT Vaders not nailing the helmet but its near perfect on their 1/4 scale version? I know I'll preorder if they update the mask for this release, if they keep the ESB mask it's a shrug release at best, and then only from the very nice Shaw sculpt. Doubt I'm alone in this view, if they just reuse the ESB mask it will seriously hinder their sales despite Shaw sculpt and shinky sparkly deluxe glowing helm. It's such a no brainer move I'm surprised they're not doing it.

Any Chinese speakers considered asking Hot Toys on facebook whats up with 3 OT Vaders not nailing the helmet but its near perfect on their 1/4 scale version? I know I'll preorder if they update the mask for this release, if they keep the ESB mask it's a shrug release at best, and then only from the very nice Shaw sculpt. Doubt I'm alone in this view, if they just reuse the ESB mask it will seriously hinder their sales despite Shaw sculpt and shinky sparkly deluxe glowing helm. It's such a no brainer move I'm surprised they're not doing it.
The first 2 ESB versions sold like hot cakes, they won’t retool what made them money. Not enough people complained or can’t tell the difference. I’m also not a fan of what they did with the helmet, not getting the ROTJ version.

Strange why there wasn't any new HT Vaders shown at SDCC? Maybe their retooling a more accurate mask?:pray:
Hope springs eternal. 😬

They already have a great mask as we all know -- the quarter scale. May be years before we see that in one-sixth and the average age of OT collectors on this forum doesn't bode well for that. :cautious:

Hope springs eternal. 😬

They already have a great mask as we all know -- the quarter scale. May be years before we see that in one-sixth and the average age of OT collectors on this forum doesn't bode well for that. :cautious:
They've got to tweak the mask for this version, they've just got to!! I can't wait until i'm 80. I might not be able to remember my own name by then, never mind who Vader was/is:giggle:

They've got to tweak the mask for this version, they've just got to!! I can't wait until i'm 80. I might not be able to remember my own name by then, never mind who Vader was/is:giggle:
Stuff like this makes me get out my tinfoil hat.

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING HOWARD.

*shakes fist ineffectually*

I do hope they improve this figure much like they have been making improvements on their more recent releases.

I couldn't have two of three OT Vaders... and then pass up original Shaw.

Despite how I feel about ROTJ now... the OT is MY Star Wars.
To be clear, this is 2004 revised Shaw, not 1983 original Shaw. Though yeah I'll take a blue-eyed, no-brows Shaw over LFL-erased Shaw.

I’ll wait for blogger photos and see if HT will update the helmet. Don’t planning on ever using the Shaw sculpt so I’m good with the old ESB one.

To be clear, this is 2004 revised Shaw, not 1983 original Shaw. Though yeah I'll take a blue-eyed, no-brows Shaw over LFL-erased Shaw.
What about removable eyebrows? :yess: Add them, remove them, even have a pose with Vader shaving his eyebrows in the meditation chamber...

Not surprised this goes before the deluxe. For what you're getting the deluxe is a bit steep. Like the glowing helmet but not enough to go deluxe over regular, dont care about 17 different stands.

Back