1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the purge of my collection is underway. Preorders cancelled, figures sold. Its quite cathartic actually.
I've preordered this Vader though. First new figure to join the survivors of my own order 66, to turn my collection into an OT focused one.
I just did a similar purge and sold off all my DC collection except for BVS Superman. It was bitter sweet because I had to pay some bills but it is freeing not to need anymore DC characters. If I need to I now know I could do this with other parts of my collection. Hope I won’t have to but sometimes changing things up is a good thing. Or at least that’s what I tell myself.

Well the purge of my collection is underway. Preorders cancelled, figures sold. Its quite cathartic actually.
I've preordered this Vader though. First new figure to join the survivors of my own order 66, to turn my collection into an OT focused one.
I understand this feeling though I haven't gone full purge, but it's slowly happening with all the excess. I've sold about 31 figures and still plan on about at least 50 more. I agree with you, it is pretty cathartic. Feels nice to get rid of some stuff and not have so much clutter as well as a more focused collection. I'm almost through all the marvel items I've wanted to get rid of. Still need to get through DC, Star Ace HP, and GI Joe

Last edited:
Only non OT character I got left is dx16 Maul, sold off dark side Anakin and might let Maul go too eventually. Thought I'd pick up Windu but the figure did'nt blow me away. I think I've been spoiled by Weta and Inart's latest lotr lineups (check out Weta's recent Elendil statue). Hot Toys got some catching up to do, though their rotj emperor is near as perfect as a 1:6 figure can be.

I can only dream of such an act. Oh... for the strength...

My hate has made me powerful

What have you purged in favor of OT?

Hunter and Bo-Katan were first. 2 pack Boba is up next. Then my various Mandos and so on. I'm deciding on whether clones will be kept. Might keep a very select number.

I just did a similar purge and sold off all my DC collection except for BVS Superman. It was bitter sweet because I had to pay some bills but it is freeing not to need anymore DC characters. If I need to I now know I could do this with other parts of my collection. Hope I won’t have to but sometimes changing things up is a good thing. Or at least that’s what I tell myself.

I'm feeling more excited about the hobby than I have for awhile. A whole new focused collection. Classic OT figures. Display options, character pairings, dioramas etc etc.
Timeless characters that I won't get tired of, that look at and wonder why i bothered with it. No longer just collecting the next new thing from the next D+ show.

I understand this feeling though I haven't gone full purge, but it's slowly happening with all the excess. I've sold about 31 figures and still plan on about at least 50 more. I agree with you, it is pretty cathartic. Feels nice to get rid of some stuff and not have so much clutter as well as a more focused collection. I'm almost through all the marvel items I've wanted to get rid of. Still need to get through DC, Star Ace HP, and GI Joe

Purity of a smaller collection. Quality over quantity. Also allows me more space to create diorama environments.

OT for the win!

You can't go wrong with a figure from a movie you've loved since childhood.
Going to collect what I love, rather than collect what looks cool right now.

Only non OT character I got left is dx16 Maul, sold off dark side Anakin and might let Maul go too eventually. Thought I'd pick up Windu but the figure did'nt blow me away. I think I've been spoiled by Weta and Inart's latest lotr lineups (check out Weta's recent Elendil statue). Hot Toys got some catching up to do, though their rotj emperor is near as perfect as a 1:6 figure can be.

When I'm finished with the purge, ROTJ Emperor is high on my want list.
Even though I want to have an OT focused collection, a limited number of PT figs may survive. Jango for example.

Been wanting this for so long but already PO Kenobi version and don't want two version with little differences.

My hate has made me powerful

Hunter and Bo-Katan were first. 2 pack Boba is up next. Then my various Mandos and so on. I'm deciding on whether clones will be kept. Might keep a very select number.

I'm feeling more excited about the hobby than I have for awhile. A whole new focused collection. Classic OT figures. Display options, character pairings, dioramas etc etc.
Timeless characters that I won't get tired of, that look at and wonder why i bothered with it. No longer just collecting the next new thing from the next D+ show.

Purity of a smaller collection. Quality over quantity. Also allows me more space to create diorama environments.

Even though I want to have an OT focused collection, a limited number of PT figs may survive. Jango for example.
I gotta believe that there's an ROTJ Palps re-issue coming sometime this year...Maybe with the Royal Guards as well. Speaking of purges, I got rid of all my Marvel HT minus the six OG Avengers from the first film. I had all the Infinity War and Endgame figures as well as some other tangential figures like Civil War Falcon that fit the overall IW/EG theme. Funny how quickly I went from "gotta collect them all" to "...I really need to re-focus on Star Wars". Fortunately I at least broke even on the re-sale. Good luck with your focus on the OT.

They got the clone wars palps coming this year, be very surprised if there is a straight up re issue of rotj palps anytime soon but hey, it's Hot Toys.

I gotta believe that there's an ROTJ Palps re-issue coming sometime this year...Maybe with the Royal Guards as well. Speaking of purges, I got rid of all my Marvel HT minus the six OG Avengers from the first film. I had all the Infinity War and Endgame figures as well as some other tangential figures like Civil War Falcon that fit the overall IW/EG theme. Funny how quickly I went from "gotta collect them all" to "...I really need to re-focus on Star Wars". Fortunately I at least broke even on the re-sale. Good luck with your focus on the OT.
I'm hoping for a ROTJ Boba and a ROTJ Palpatine 40th anniversary re-release. I'd PO both immediately.

Real talk about the purge in this thread.

It makes me sad. For the longest time, I was just waiting for HT to finish out the series (for me) with an ROTJ Vader, so I could have duels for each movie. ROTJ Vader was the only one I was missing, but now I've lost so much interest in 1/6 as a whole, I can't be arsed to even order this one.

It's everything I could've asked for, but I guess I've just moved on. There's probably something to be said for Star Wars overload, these figures don't feel special anymore.

Yup that's exactly what my best friend said, too. And when I told her about the marvel stuff I was selling she was like "Why do you have so many Iron Mans? Those movies aren't even that good" :LOL:
You really can't. I'm finally at that age/mindset that the shiny new stuff might look cool and nice, but their luster fades rather quickly.
He's on my list to acquire as well. Think I'll try to go with the deluxe that included the chair. I think it would such a cool display with him, ROTJ Luke and the new ROTJ Vader

He's on my list to acquire as well. Think I'll try to go with the deluxe that included the chair. I think it would such a cool display with him, ROTJ Luke and the new ROTJ Vader

This is a customized Sideshow Emperor and Throne as well as custom Vader, but you're right, it's a great display.

Attachments

• IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Yup that's exactly what my best friend said, too. And when I told her about the marvel stuff I was selling she was like "Why do you have so many Iron Mans? Those movies aren't even that good" :LOL:

You really can't. I'm finally at that age/mindset that the shiny new stuff might look cool and nice, but their luster fades rather quickly.

Exactly. That shiny whatever from the latest disappointing D+ show won't be as shiny in a few months when the next shiny whatever is out from the next disappointing D+ show.
Figures from the OT though are timeless.

Yes, my plan is to eventually get the throne version., either a re-release or the original tracked down on ebay, posed with ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke.

Back